What's new

Muslim cop goes to Supreme Court to save beard

Institutional Laws are laws whether they seemingly affect operation or not.

Me wearing a jeans and tee shirt would not compromise on my ability to study or listen in class..but I would not be permitted to do that in school and would be required to wear a uniform. This is similar to that.
difference is jeanse and tshirt is not part of religious belief but beard is.
yes I do agree there should rules about uniformity..but these are not cut and dry laws , we have given exemption to sikhs on religious grounds so same can be extend to Muslims who wants to follow hadits. there are countries like denmark,greece etc which gives permission to keep trimmed beard.

defence is jeanse and tshirt is not part of your religious belief but beard is.
yes I do agree there should rules about uniformity..but these are not cut and dry laws , we have given exemption to sikhs on religious grounds so same can be extend to Muslims who wants to follow hadits. there are countries like denmark,greece etc which gives permission to keep trimmed beard.

That is upto the court to decide.

India is not secular at all.
@Zarvan

Many Muslims don't believe in Hadith. A lot of the Hadiths you quoth are poorly sourced, just like the 72 virgin one

I beg your pardon BUT there is NO islam W/o hadith .:cheers:

On the Topic : I think Uniform civil law should be drawn towards everyone Irrespective of who he is and what he beliefs though political parties crying for vote bank would not allow this to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keeping beard is order of HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW and Muslims have to keep beard Indian court is no authority to decide about Islam order of beard is clear from many many Hadees thanks to ALLAH we separated from India India keeps showings true colors

‎1) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "I have no connection iwth one who shaves, shouts and tears his clothing eg. in grief or affication."
- Reported by Abu Darda (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

(2) The teachings of Hadhrat Ammar Bin Yaasir, Abdullah Ibn Umar, Sayyidina Umar, Abu Hurairah and Jaabir (R.A.), indicate that ALL used to keep beards that were one fist length or more. Hadhrat Jaabir (R.A.) had said: "We used to grow long beards and only during Hajj and Umrah did we trim them to the required length (i.e. fist length)."

(3) Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A.) relates that: "He who imitates the kuffar (non-believers) and dies in that state, he will be raised up with them on the Day of Qiyamat (Judgement)."

(4) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) says: "Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard flow (Grow)."
- Narrated Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 498

(5) "Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) ordered us to trim the moustache closely and spare the beard" says Ibn Umar.
- Muslim, Hadith no. 449

(6) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)said: "Act against contrary to the polythesists, trim closely the moustache and grow the beard."
- Reported by Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 500

(7) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "Trim closely the moustache and grow the beard."
- Reported by Abu Hurairah (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

(8) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Anyone who shaves has no claim to the mercy of Allah"
- Reported by Ibn Abbas (R.A.) in Tibrabi

(9) Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A.) used to cut that portion (which exceeds the grip of the hand) of the beard.
- Tirmidhi

in that case sir .why r u livng in a country founded by a beardless muslim. And do u really think allah will judge me on basis of facial hairs. ;)

Sikhs in service tie down their beard whether its Police,Army,Civil Servants.......free flowing beards among Sikhs are not that common these days even in common day to day life.Most people trim their beards these days.

KqwoD.jpg

ULtzh.jpg

hcEz1.jpg

Heard in Islam if you have a beard it should be free flowing..... Someone verify this ?

Sikhs in service tie down their beard whether its Police,Army,Civil Servants.......free flowing beards among Sikhs are not that common these days even in common day to day life.Most people trim their beards these days.

KqwoD.jpg

ULtzh.jpg

hcEz1.jpg

Heard in Islam if you have a beard it should be free flowing..... Someone verify this ?

Yes its right.

An unkempt beard.

If beard is mandatory in Islam, then shame on Muslims that more than 99% of Muslims don't keep beard.

If majority of Muslims start keeping beard and make it their identity then I am sure Armed forces and Police will allow Muslims to keep beard.

Keeping beard is order of HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW and Muslims have to keep beard Indian court is no authority to decide about Islam order of beard is clear from many many Hadees thanks to ALLAH we separated from India India keeps showings true colors

‎1) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "I have no connection iwth one who shaves, shouts and tears his clothing eg. in grief or affication."
- Reported by Abu Darda (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

(2) The teachings of Hadhrat Ammar Bin Yaasir, Abdullah Ibn Umar, Sayyidina Umar, Abu Hurairah and Jaabir (R.A.), indicate that ALL used to keep beards that were one fist length or more. Hadhrat Jaabir (R.A.) had said: "We used to grow long beards and only during Hajj and Umrah did we trim them to the required length (i.e. fist length)."

(3) Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A.) relates that: "He who imitates the kuffar (non-believers) and dies in that state, he will be raised up with them on the Day of Qiyamat (Judgement)."

(4) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) says: "Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard flow (Grow)."
- Narrated Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 498

(5) "Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) ordered us to trim the moustache closely and spare the beard" says Ibn Umar.
- Muslim, Hadith no. 449

(6) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)said: "Act against contrary to the polythesists, trim closely the moustache and grow the beard."
- Reported by Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 500

(7) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "Trim closely the moustache and grow the beard."
- Reported by Abu Hurairah (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

(8) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Anyone who shaves has no claim to the mercy of Allah"
- Reported by Ibn Abbas (R.A.) in Tibrabi

(9) Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A.) used to cut that portion (which exceeds the grip of the hand) of the beard.
- Tirmidhi

Sorry, but this is India. things will go as per the law of land. there are so many good muslims who do not keep beard, does that mean they are not good muslims..... you cannot judge a muslim by having beard or how many times you pray.... n so on...

for all Indian Muslim Sympathizers here, please keep your views personal, Indian law will handle it and give judgement..... and if anyone thinks this is violation of muslim religion....then please go and preach in muslim countries.... anyways we have a lot of other people to take care of.

Following Discipline is the issue here . Everyone cannot come with his or her version of a particular religion and claim its a mandatory religious Obligation .

If it was a mandatory religious Obligation then it would have been curtailment of free will on part of religion .

Hijab is mandatory. still many has issue.

Back
Top Bottom