What's new

Musharraf's interview with David Frost

The way he sounds makes me feel he can become a very good politician but it completely depends on the public if they would forgive him for his mistakes in Balochistan and WoT, however Zardari has also become a bit more active and the economy is also reviving at quite a level which is reviving the PPP and it can now slowly gain back the rep they lost over the 2 years and maybe even revive its popularity for the general elections.

The way he sounds makes me feel he can become a very good politician but it completely depends on the public if they would forgive him for his mistakes in Balochistan and WoT, however Zardari has also become a bit more active and the economy is also reviving at quite a level which is reviving the PPP and it can now slowly gain back the rep they lost over the 2 years and maybe even revive its popularity for the general elections.

How is the Pak politics set up? Can a single man win the elections without support of a full party? Do you think Mush. can form a party soon enough and get enough other candidates to run for a party ?

In India you can do this in a State election.Mayawati (UP), Jayalalitha (Tamilnadu), Chiranjeevi (AP) etc. have been essentially lone voices until they either co-opted a party or formed their own. But no one has become the prime minister without some prior experience and a party backing.
In the US, due to the way their presidential system is set up, a novice can still run for president or other posts (Obama, Schwarzenegger, Bloomberg).

How is the Pak politics set up? Can a single man win the elections without support of a full party? Do you think Mush. can form a party soon enough and get enough other candidates to run for a party ?

In India you can do this in a State election.Mayawati (UP), Jayalalitha (Tamilnadu), Chiranjeevi (AP) etc. have been essentially lone voices until they either co-opted a party or formed their own. But no one has become the prime minister without some prior experience and a party backing.
In the US, due to the way their presidential system is set up, a novice can still run for president or other posts (Obama, Schwarzenegger, Bloomberg).

Well we have a parliamentary form of election plus PML(Q) would not mind if Musharraf could have enough momentum to bring change. As for Pakistan's voter process we even had ZA Bhutto who bought alot of the change in alot of times he needs a people magnet in his party and I feel he has the capability of a good leader however much i disagree with his policy.

There was no mistake in Balochistan or in WOT. First decission was endorsed by NS and BB - Musharraf's only mistake was that he didn't go to the Parliament.

Balochistan's action was disliked in some areas but over all people were ok otherwise PML wouldn't have won majority of Balochistan seats.

Zardari's reputation is the biggest problem. Pakistanis can't accept him because of all the stories which surround him.

NS is shooting himslef in the foot by changing his stance on a daily basis. One day his party votes in favour of Swat deal and the next day he lashes out at the Taliban.

See this is the problem with our politicians, they speak for public consumption and never become leaders.

Musharraf has this quality of taking tough decissions and that is one of the major attributes of a leader. In this interview his stance is still the same that we should fight with the Talibans and lets not give them any room.

NS plays with the emtions of punjabi's!!
Rmember his slogan!!
"Jaag Punjabi Jaag Teri Pug tey lagi AAg"

hahaha....lol

THat slogan was launched against MQM!!

Last edited:
ok hasnain have you heard this slogan....MEIN mahjir meri RUUH MUJHAIR mein maroun tu likh dena meri KABAAR pe JIYE muhajir....

HASNAIN yeh naraa kiskee khilaaf hai PAKISTAN KEE????

@ SSGPA....the problem is 70% of the people in pakistan are not educated and not educated people don't support mushi...they think he did alot of evil like WOT is balmed on him,BUGTTI issue,BB's death LAL MASJID.....the only day he might be forgiven is if ZARDARI fails and NAWAZ comes to power and fails...then i guess he can come back as a hero...but currently only a minority of the people support him....because currently most pakistanis blame his policies for the way pakistan is now....

There was no mistake in Balochistan or in WOT. First decission was endorsed by NS and BB - Musharraf's only mistake was that he didn't go to the Parliament.

I think that the question is not on endorsing or not endorsing the war the question is how much do we endorse it and not endorse it, I don't disagree witht the decision on agreeing or disagreeing I disagree on using PA soldiers to fight the terrorists in Afghanistan or letting US become a transport base.

Balochistan's action was disliked in some areas but over all people were ok otherwise PML wouldn't have won majority of Balochistan seats.

Yes all rivals of the Bighti clan voted PML(Q) and yet still they somehow are not incharge in Balochistan.

Zardari's reputation is the biggest problem. Pakistanis can't accept him because of all the stories which surround him.

I think I agree with you their however this is Pakistan and our voters may not even mind giving the PPP another chance at leadership if things turn for the better or if they defeat the terrorists.

NS is shooting himslef in the foot by changing his stance on a daily basis. One day his party votes in favour of Swat deal and the next day he lashes out at the Taliban.

He agreed with NAR presented to parliment not what came out and I think he took the right stnace because a disarmament of the taliban didn't happen as promised.

See this is the problem with our politicians, they speak for public consumption and never become leaders.

I can see that and that is exactly what Musharraf did in this interview.

Musharraf has this quality of taking tough decissions and that is one of the major attributes of a leader. In this interview his stance is still the same that we should fight with the Talibans and lets not give them any room. [/QUOTE]

tough decisions taken alone can be very hazardous he should have come thee right way he has charisma and the abilities of a good leader in the eyes of many.

No mainay yeh nara nahi suna lekin mainay ANP ko yeh kartay dkha hai!!

068066356105e77a7804f8e372fd13ae.jpg

My point is, can we use poltical party flag over death body during janaza??

I think we can cover the body wth whatever flag we represented or stood for though so did MQM not so long ago and I think it was their right just as much.

DID I SAY ANP IS RIGHT???? secondly like i said did you see MQM flags in 1992 worldcup or any 14th AUGUST....every PARTY IS GUILTY OF MAKING ITSELF BIGGER THAN PAKISTAN.....and please don't forget ur QUAID.....ek tu iss mulk mein haar koi QUAID hai...QUAID-E-AWAM,QUAID-E-TEHRIK.....QUAID-E-HIZBE IKHTILAF.....khuda kee liye QUAID ek rehnee dooo!!!!:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

***** Zardari says "Quaid ka pakistan gaya, yeh bhutto ka pakistan hai"

And i live in karachi, near nine zero and on 14th Aug function MQM have hundreds of Pakistan flags too!!

Back
Top Bottom