What's new

Musharraf wants tit-for-tat response to India, calls Modi anti-Pakistan

KARACHI – Former president Pervez Musharraf has said that Pakistan should respond tit for tat for ceasefire violations by India along the working boundary and the Line of Control (LoC) in the disputed state of Jammu Kashmir.

In an interview with a private TV channel, the former ruler spoke his heart about ongoing skirmishes with India and said that Pakistan has limitations as it knows that if it responded with shelling, the Kashmiri brethren on the other side of the LoC would be the ultimate sufferers.

Musharraf said that both the Indian government and the army have no concern for the sufferings of the Kashmiri people. “Mr (Narendra) Modi is an anti-Muslim and an anti-Pakistan politician. While negotiating with him one must hold cards close,” he said. “Instead of running to attend his (Modi) inauguration like we used to do in British Raj, we should keep our dignity,” he said.

Musharraf said that diplomacy was driven through domestic strength and via leadership qualities, both of which are lacking currently. In diplomatic overtures, national interests should be held supreme instead of personal interests, he said, adding that sovereign equality, honour and dignity were each nation's right.

On completion of 16 years after he took power from Nawaz Sharif in 1999 and initiation of different trials against him, Musharraf said he was free to move anywhere but security issues confine him. “I have always led from the front even as an army commander and its chief during war and peace. I have earned respect with my actions and belief that still Pakistan Army loves me,” he said.

He admitted that he had made mistakes in the past. "NRO was one of my mistakes. But it was after due argument and discussion that in the national interest I agreed half heartedly. But when I look back today it is one of the decisions I despise,” he said. “However what can I do? If our courts after 10 years are absolving people like Asif Zardari of eight out of 10 cases. I could not have influence on court's decision. It was court's responsibility to decide which unfortunately was not done,” he said.

However, Musharraf said he felt vindicated on the reference that he submitted with the Supreme Judicial Council against then chief justice Iftikhar Chaudhry and time proved that all the charges against him were right. He explained that Justice Iftikhar was appointed as per rules of the Supreme Court, not by his personal choice, and he respected those rules.

Further, he mentioned that again time showed that the lawyers' movement was nothing short of a political ploy and how much damage Iftikhar Chaudhry has done to the nation unfortunately. He also said his decision on Lal Masjid was right. “We took all decisions amicably in the cabinet and I strongly denounce perception that I took dictatorial decisions,” he said. “We gave institutions to Pakistan and tried to stabilise and strengthen them,” he insisted.

"In my time, Pakistanis were respected and had honour globally, but now they walk with their heads down unfortunately,” he said. "There is no point in getting elections done in this environment without procedural, structural and electoral reforms. The whole system needs re-engineering. Otherwise the same lot would get elected and come into power from other platforms,” he said. He said he was not a vindictive person and never took any revenge from the Sharif family.

Pakistan should deploy Snipers and Baktar Shikan to target Indian soldiers and posts

Modi can make strategy to fool politicians but not militarily & defenders. :welcome:
We ccan't bear any attack on country sovereignty. :pakistan:

Remember & don't try another.
images-2.jpeg

Musharaff talks big but his country has no substance. To back his claims and desires.

Hallow talk

he's an ex Pak army chief not PM of india

the one who give tuff time to india after parliment drama, and during operation kargil

Read any serious Indian analysis of Kargil, and you can see it rattled their confidence and embarrassed their military commanders.

Read any serious Indian analysis of Kargil, and you can see it rattled their confidence and embarrassed their military commanders.
because we are not fools to jump with bravado . we weigh our options and deliberate to take action which is in our interest.

KARACHI – Former president Pervez Musharraf has said that Pakistan should respond tit for tat for ceasefire violations by India along the working boundary and the Line of Control (LoC) in the disputed state of Jammu Kashmir.

In an interview with a private TV channel, the former ruler spoke his heart about ongoing skirmishes with India and said that Pakistan has limitations as it knows that if it responded with shelling, the Kashmiri brethren on the other side of the LoC would be the ultimate sufferers.

Musharraf said that both the Indian government and the army have no concern for the sufferings of the Kashmiri people. “Mr (Narendra) Modi is an anti-Muslim and an anti-Pakistan politician. While negotiating with him one must hold cards close,” he said. “Instead of running to attend his (Modi) inauguration like we used to do in British Raj, we should keep our dignity,” he said.

Musharraf said that diplomacy was driven through domestic strength and via leadership qualities, both of which are lacking currently. In diplomatic overtures, national interests should be held supreme instead of personal interests, he said, adding that sovereign equality, honour and dignity were each nation's right.

On completion of 16 years after he took power from Nawaz Sharif in 1999 and initiation of different trials against him, Musharraf said he was free to move anywhere but security issues confine him. “I have always led from the front even as an army commander and its chief during war and peace. I have earned respect with my actions and belief that still Pakistan Army loves me,” he said.

He admitted that he had made mistakes in the past. "NRO was one of my mistakes. But it was after due argument and discussion that in the national interest I agreed half heartedly. But when I look back today it is one of the decisions I despise,” he said. “However what can I do? If our courts after 10 years are absolving people like Asif Zardari of eight out of 10 cases. I could not have influence on court's decision. It was court's responsibility to decide which unfortunately was not done,” he said.

However, Musharraf said he felt vindicated on the reference that he submitted with the Supreme Judicial Council against then chief justice Iftikhar Chaudhry and time proved that all the charges against him were right. He explained that Justice Iftikhar was appointed as per rules of the Supreme Court, not by his personal choice, and he respected those rules.

Further, he mentioned that again time showed that the lawyers' movement was nothing short of a political ploy and how much damage Iftikhar Chaudhry has done to the nation unfortunately. He also said his decision on Lal Masjid was right. “We took all decisions amicably in the cabinet and I strongly denounce perception that I took dictatorial decisions,” he said. “We gave institutions to Pakistan and tried to stabilise and strengthen them,” he insisted.

"In my time, Pakistanis were respected and had honour globally, but now they walk with their heads down unfortunately,” he said. "There is no point in getting elections done in this environment without procedural, structural and electoral reforms. The whole system needs re-engineering. Otherwise the same lot would get elected and come into power from other platforms,” he said. He said he was not a vindictive person and never took any revenge from the Sharif family.

so he is calling mr modi antipakistan...!
Is he suggesting he was pro india all this time..lol
he's actions surely spoke otherwise....

Who is Musharaf? :what:

he is the same person who was responsible for kargil war and got shame to his country by loosing it....:)

Cant wait to see Modi v Musharraf

one is a former Army Chief and Commando, the other is some short loud-mouth belonging to extremist credentials...there is no "versus" here because they aren't on the same level

I wish for once he was behind the controls. Modi would have been given the injection he desperately needs. Nawaz Sharif is a muppet who is worried about his business interests in India than the country he claims to represent.

well......if only the azzholes who voted him in realized that earlier on

he failed twice, and he doesnt even have an iota of leadership skills

Musharraf is a nationalist and he fought for this country on the battlefield in uniform and out of the uniform as President

one is a former Army Chief and Commando, the other is some short loud-mouth belonging to extremist credentials...there is no "versus" here because they aren't on the same level

Now this sounds like, If Mushraff was in power, he would pick up his gun and meet Modi in boarder and start firing at each other..... Well i agree with you when you say, one is a Commando turned army chief turned politician, where the other guy is only a politician.....

But if you say the response would have been different if mushraff was in power i would agree with you.....

Now this sounds like, If Mushraff was in power, he would pick up his gun and meet Modi in boarder and start firing at each other..... Well i agree with you when you say, one is a Commando turned army chief turned politician, where the other guy is only a politician.....

But if you say the response would have been different if mushraff was in power i would agree with you.....

No, but he would be more assertive rather than be the lame-duck that this disastrous PM/admin is -who only cares about his business interests

No, but he would be more assertive rather than be the lame-duck that this disastrous PM/admin is -who only cares about his business interests

Yeah that is what i meant in the last line..... But my question is How much does NS control the Army???? From what i understand He has little control over the army, so what difference it makes?

they aren't on the same level

Yup, one guy has been elected multiple times, as cm, and has recorded the highest votes received by a politician to win an election. The other shamelessly grabbed power and kicked out democratically elected govt, after his childish Kargil plan failed miserably.....all the while providing the likes of obl refuge (and denying it).

Not in the same league at all. :lol:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom