What's new

Musharraf wanted war over Kashmir, says Benazir

yes but musharraf is the dictator that has brought more jobs and more freedom. i think democracy is about freedom. so as far as i am concerned i would chose musharraf over any of these fools.

It seems that way for you but I believe he has brought only drouble in Pakistan as for jobs I dont know he is increased the taxes soo high that the value of the Rupee is worthless now the Pakistani government has added a new note a 10.000 rupee if this carries on then they soon will have 1 million note, he is selling off state owned mills, steel mil, factories and departments this has lead to the Ousting of the Chief justice this THE supreme of a government that has been kicked out because he accused the government i.e. Mushi for selling the Steel mill the Chief justice then stopted the transfer of the steel mill but bussiness has started back.

Well it seems there are two options in Pak. A corrupt crony-istic elected government. Or a dictator.......

The advantage of being a dictator is that things can get done quickly.

Well it seems there are two options in Pak. A corrupt crony-istic elected government. Or a dictator.......

The advantage of being a dictator is that things can get done quickly.

Dont mind this but it seems you must have experience in the field.:D
A Dictator is an option that the west uses on counteries it feels are stratigic, Pakistan must be country that is elected by the Pakistani people and not forced to live with a Dictator.

It seems that way for you but I believe he has brought only drouble in Pakistan as for jobs I dont know he is increased the taxes soo high that the value of the Rupee is worthless now the Pakistani government has added a new note a 10.000 rupee if this carries on then they soon will have 1 million note, he is selling off state owned mills, steel mil, factories and departments this has lead to the Ousting of the Chief justice this THE supreme of a government that has been kicked out because he accused the government i.e. Mushi for selling the Steel mill the Chief justice then stopted the transfer of the steel mill but bussiness has started back.

how can you make these suggestions. dude you dont freaken live in pakistan. go read the pakistani business news paper ok. if you dont remember your beloved BB also did privitising. also your BB bought so many of her cronies in the Steel Mill that she freaken made it worthless that is why they have to privitise it. it was costing the government money to keep it running and all your BB's people were sitting getting paid and doing nothing. there is no hike in taxes were the hell did you get this information. the only reason the rupee has become weak and by no means is it worthless is inflation which caused by high economic activity. if u havnt read the recent reports the inflation is lower than expected. :wall: :wall: :wall:
plz give some freaken evidence before you make any claim. :angry:

how can you make these suggestions. dude you dont freaken live in pakistan. go read the pakistani business news paper ok. if you dont remember your beloved BB also did privitising. also your BB bought so many of her cronies in the Steel Mill that she freaken made it worthless that is why they have to privitise it. it was costing the government money to keep it running and all your BB's people were sitting getting paid and doing nothing. there is no hike in taxes were the hell did you get this information. the only reason the rupee has become weak and by no means is it worthless is inflation which caused by high economic activity. if u havnt read the recent reports the inflation is lower than expected. :wall: :wall: :wall:
plz give some freaken evidence before you make any claim. :angry:

How many cases from "labour Union" are pending in labour courts, any figures to support your arguments that 'cronies" made stell mills worthless?

Or any PPP related union?

"Daughter of the East": a rejoinder
Gen (r) Mirza Aslam Beg
Saturday April 14, 2007 (0615 PST)

Benazir Bhutto has updated her book "Daughter of the East" which was first published years back. She has added a preface and a new chapter titled: "Prime Minister and Beyond," which contains some new revelations, with particular reference to Pakistan Army and the ISI. Extracts of these additions were published in the national dailies of Pakistan on April 7 and 8.
Referring to a briefing in the GHQ when I was the army chief, she says that I asked her to approve a new policy. "He said that if Islamabad went on `offensive defensive`, it could capture Srinagar. General Beg told me: `Prime Minister, you just give the order and your men will take Srinagar and you will wear the crown of victory and glory`. I thought he had lost all sense of reality."

I would like to put the record straight. During the exercise Zarb-e-Momin, held in November/December 1989, Pakistan Army tested the new concept of offensive defence, whereas in Kashmir, on the outbreak of war, the army had orders to remain on the defensive and maintain the sanctity of the Line of Control. This policy had resulted into loss of territory in the 1965 war, including Kargil. Both in 1965 and 1971 wars, the army had launched unprepared offensives in the sensitive areas of Indian-held Kashmir, and failed miserably. I therefore suggested to the prime minister that the war directive might be amended and the mission might be changed, so that after the war the government of Pakistan would find itself in a better bargaining position.

After listening to the presentation, she asked: "Can you capture Srinagar?" I said: "Yes, if you place the resources at our disposal." She did not answer. I tried to look into her eyes to see if she was really serious, but she had lowered her gaze and offered no comments. Perhaps, her silence betrayed the feelings of guilt and shame she had suffered after the defeat of her offensive against Jalalabad, which she had launched in March 1989 without consulting the GHQ. In fact she wanted to get a feather in her cap for her march towards Kabul. But that was not to be. She got frustrated and distanced herself from the Afghan policy altogether. Later on she called me and assigned to me the responsibility to handle the Afghan mujahideen and work out a politico-military solution for transfer of power in Afghanistan. She placed at my disposal the services of competent persons from the Foreign Office, the Ministry of Defence, the Afghan Cell, the ISI and the Joint Services Headquarters.

For four months, I laboured on this assignment, having long meetings with Afghan mujahideen leaders including Ahmad Shah Masood, and evolved a comprehensive plan which I handed over to Benazir Bhutto. But the plan did not see the light of day because she had lost interest in Afghanistan. Thus Afghanistan was back-burnered and drifted into civil war, a situation which led to the emergence of the Taliban, which Nasrullah Babar, then her interior minister, claims to have created,

Benazir Bhutto must remember that briefings at the GHQ are fully recorded and statements made there can be confirmed and verified. She held a very responsible position at that time and now making irresponsible statements is not in the fitness of things. Someone has rightly said: "The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."

Gen (r) Mirza Aslam Beg

Rawalpindi
http://www.paktribune.com/news/index.shtml?175140

"Daughter of the East": a rejoinder
Gen (r) Mirza Aslam Beg
Saturday April 14, 2007 (0615 PST)

Benazir Bhutto has updated her book "Daughter of the East" which was first published years back. She has added a preface and a new chapter titled: "Prime Minister and Beyond," which contains some new revelations, with particular reference to Pakistan Army and the ISI. Extracts of these additions were published in the national dailies of Pakistan on April 7 and 8.
Referring to a briefing in the GHQ when I was the army chief, she says that I asked her to approve a new policy. "He said that if Islamabad went on `offensive defensive`, it could capture Srinagar. General Beg told me: `Prime Minister, you just give the order and your men will take Srinagar and you will wear the crown of victory and glory`. I thought he had lost all sense of reality."

I would like to put the record straight. During the exercise Zarb-e-Momin, held in November/December 1989, Pakistan Army tested the new concept of offensive defence, whereas in Kashmir, on the outbreak of war, the army had orders to remain on the defensive and maintain the sanctity of the Line of Control. This policy had resulted into loss of territory in the 1965 war, including Kargil. Both in 1965 and 1971 wars, the army had launched unprepared offensives in the sensitive areas of Indian-held Kashmir, and failed miserably. I therefore suggested to the prime minister that the war directive might be amended and the mission might be changed, so that after the war the government of Pakistan would find itself in a better bargaining position.

After listening to the presentation, she asked: "Can you capture Srinagar?" I said: "Yes, if you place the resources at our disposal." She did not answer. I tried to look into her eyes to see if she was really serious, but she had lowered her gaze and offered no comments. Perhaps, her silence betrayed the feelings of guilt and shame she had suffered after the defeat of her offensive against Jalalabad, which she had launched in March 1989 without consulting the GHQ. In fact she wanted to get a feather in her cap for her march towards Kabul. But that was not to be. She got frustrated and distanced herself from the Afghan policy altogether. Later on she called me and assigned to me the responsibility to handle the Afghan mujahideen and work out a politico-military solution for transfer of power in Afghanistan. She placed at my disposal the services of competent persons from the Foreign Office, the Ministry of Defence, the Afghan Cell, the ISI and the Joint Services Headquarters.

For four months, I laboured on this assignment, having long meetings with Afghan mujahideen leaders including Ahmad Shah Masood, and evolved a comprehensive plan which I handed over to Benazir Bhutto. But the plan did not see the light of day because she had lost interest in Afghanistan. Thus Afghanistan was back-burnered and drifted into civil war, a situation which led to the emergence of the Taliban, which Nasrullah Babar, then her interior minister, claims to have created,

Benazir Bhutto must remember that briefings at the GHQ are fully recorded and statements made there can be confirmed and verified. She held a very responsible position at that time and now making irresponsible statements is not in the fitness of things. Someone has rightly said: "The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."

Gen (r) Mirza Aslam Beg

Rawalpindi
http://www.paktribune.com/news/index.shtml?175140

Dear Batman,

Do you think she has a realistic chance of comming back in power ? The western media seems to think so and is betting on her hence all the positive articles here about her.

Would like your views.

Regards

no leader in pakistan is good for pak but apart from old ones mushi is stll better than all those left behind............benazir is a rel traitor...........she has ruined pak when she was in power..........

she is a power hungry politician, she has gone so far and has disgraced pakistan again and again. she even called pakistan a failed state.
this indeed a sad comentry on her life.

Dear Batman,

Do you think she has a realistic chance of comming back in power ?
Regards

She using best o fher abilities and resources in negotiating her way back and I see this her only chance.

The western media seems to think so and is betting on her hence all the positive articles here about her.

Would like your views.

As far I know, west is opening up her old corruption cases again.
But please, do post some links of her positive news in western media.

If benazir has done what musharaff has done you would be justified in calling her anti pakistani.
Do not forget was it not another military guy i think it was ayub who told the americans that the pakistani army would do what the american army wished.
Its the third rate generals like mushy and zia promoted above there ability that have bought havoc to the nation.
After all the noise by the military and nawaz sharif not one case has been proven against benazir and her husband has been released from jail with no charges.
Wake up the army is there to defend the country not run it.

I am sure beNAZir and Nawaz are corrupt, but still it doesnt give the army right to topple them and assume power

I am sure beNAZir and Nawaz are corrupt, but still it doesnt give the army right to topple them and assume power

Think of it like chemotherapy; sure you will loose some hairs; but you will get well in the end

AoA
Corruption is a reflection of the society we live in. Benazir, NS are as corrupt as the generals.
I am sure when the corruptions of generals come out in the open (although happening in my life time is impossible) BB and NS would look like small time thief.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom