What's new

Musharraf vows never to visit India again

All reasons are speculations...including yours, since the GOI has given no reason for the refusal as well..

Surely. But what could be the real reason ? :))))))

Regarding the bolded part....
It is up to us to allow a former dictator who was responsible for derailing India-Pak peace process by creating war, and to top it all, spew anti-India venom in Indian lands while earning Indian dime without any proof...

This is biggest lame diatribe because if India was so much concerned with this point then why India allowed Musharraf in 2005 and 2009.

whereas the "war" which you mentioned was much before that.

If the Govt has realized that Musharaff is only selling papers and creating hysrteria by hurling baseless accusations,

If the accusations are "baseless" and still India is afraid thats why not allowing him to visit India then it means Indian point of view on these 'accusations' is weak. otherwise India would have bold face

and not at all helping India-Pak work towards peace and trust....then I think this is the right decision by India...

:no: a wrong assumption because Musharraf is no more in Power and Zardari govt is not at all going to change the peace process because of any possible statement by Musharraf.

On the other hand India has refused all peace talks by Pakistan in the recent time since the current govt is in place as well as the previous one.

So india is not at all caring for any peace trust .

Come up with logical reasons for denial of visa

Your "India is afraid" diatribe is quite amusing though...

Not at all check your own comments bellow which also support my guess.

If the Govt has realized that Musharaff is only selling papers and creating hysrteria by hurling baseless accusations,

Already posted... No one cares, because if you don't want to visit a place you don't shout about it in the press, you simply don't visit it.

If he will not Shout then how Indian govt. will know about his intention...and he is not just u and me the ghost man he is well know man in World and he has some identity, and he has right to express his views.

This is just one manifestation of a closer alignment of US and Indian policies regarding Pakistan, and this will only increase with time.

Musharraf has outlived his utility to the USA and his attempted comeback will fizzle out soon.

Pakistan should be ready for all the implications of a co-ordinated Indo-US policy in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: and how many years you need to figure out the real situation where Indian organisation has invited him. Otherwise he has no love for hearing bhajans in bharat

media house call him because they will make money out of him, from his speech, tell me honestly how many people in pakistan like i'm . this is all (india bashing) because he has lunched a new political party , to get free publicity he wanted to come , but GOI rejected is visa end of the story

This is biggest lame diatribe because if India was so much concerned with this point then why India allowed Musharraf in 2005 and 2009.

In 2005...PMush was head of state....
In 2008...He was not half as politically motivated as he is now...and he was invited for his book tour...he had no intentions of going back into Political mainstream of Pakistan...Infact...wasnt it then that Mush tried to pull the same sh!t regarding Indian involvement in causing unrest?
In 2010: PMush has launched a political party and wants as much attention as possible..Why should we allow him to further his goal using our media, our money and hurling insults at us?

I
f the accusations are "baseless" and still India is afraid thats why not allowing him to visit India then it means Indian point of view on these 'accusations' is weak. otherwise India would have bold face

Do you allow any tom, dick and harry to come into your house and curse at you, and then pay him for the same?
And does your refusal to let this random person entry into your house make his accusations any true because you obviouslymust be all that he says as you're afraid to face him?

Secondly all accusations are baseless because there is no proof....
If Mush has indisputable proof and we refuse him visa, then you can continue with your line of thought,.....

But at the moment you have zilch to accuse India...END OF STORY!

:no: a wrong assumption because Musharraf is no more in Power and Zardari govt is not at all going to change the peace process because of any possible statement by Musharraf.

Mush just started a political party and is planning to run in the next election....besides being the ex COAS he obviously still wields significant influence...
You're being naive if you overlook his position

On the other hand India has refused all peace talks by Pakistan in the recent time since the current govt is in place as well as the previous one.

So india is not at all caring for any peace trust .

Come up with logical reasons for denial of visa

Peace is a two way street....we still have a bone of contention..aka 26/11 ...dont just expect us to forget ...so our refusal to talk is well warranted.
Even then, we decided to hold secretary level talks....

Moving forward the aim is to build trust and an envronment that does not create ill will towards one another....
Mush is def not helping with his baseless anti-India rhetoric which will only piss Indians off...

Not at all check your own comments bellow which also support my guess.

My comments were meant to indicate Mush using Indian media to promote his party....

Yeah...your reasoning is still pretty weak...

now if this sellout crybaby and his great friend altaf fatneck hussain will promise not to show their manhoos chehras ever in pakistan, that'd be some cause for celebration.

[SIZE=\"5\"]Musharraf vows never to visit India again[/SIZE]​

NEW DELHI — Pakistan\'s former military ruler Pervez Musharraf has vowed never to visit to India again after being denied a visa by the Indian government, a report said Friday.

\"I have no words to explain my disappointment,\" Musharraf was quoted as telling The Indian Express newspaper by telephone from his home in Dubai.

\"Your government has dashed my hopes. I think it shows a lack of confidence on the part of India to face me,\" he said, according to the paper\'s website.

The former president, who was born in New Delhi before the partition of the sub-continent, had been invited to India by private organisations to attend seminars and meet the media.

\"I don\'t plan to come to India ever again,\" Musharraf said, citing the visa refusal as an affront to his \"honour and dignity.\"

Indian government officials have confirmed the visa request was denied, but declined to elaborate on the reasons.

India press reports earlier this week said the decision stemmed from India\'s belief that Musharraf was responsible for a large-scale militant incursion in Kashmir in 1999 that brought India and Pakistan to the brink of war.

Musharraf was army chief of staff at the time of what became known as the Kargil conflict. Several months later he led a bloodless coup that finally saw him proclaimed Pakistan\'s president in 2001.

He stepped down in 2008 and is now attempting a political comeback.

AFP: Musharraf vows never to visit India again
It would be better if Mush first returns to pakistan and then talk about India. Anyways...nobody cares if he comes or not.

i guess....he didn't like air-India much.

just relax, he is not the only one.

He Speaks as if the Indian Public is Desperate of having Him Here.... Even If He dosent vow He cannot come here Legally without our Permission

He is in exile from his own country. And No body wants him here in india. And he is not going to add any value here. Hes good where he is.

With Musharraf trying to launch a political campaign in India, what better way to get votes than to go into the Devil's den and launch a tirade against them. Looking at this forum itself, there is a large market in Pakistan for such sort of antics. Indians would have no option but to bite its tongue and be a good host.

I don't think they ever wanted to get into this situation and decided they didn't want him.

Musharraf vows never to visit India again

NEW DELHI — Pakistan's former military ruler Pervez Musharraf has vowed never to visit to India again after being denied a visa by the Indian government, a report said Friday.

"I have no words to explain my disappointment," Musharraf was quoted as telling The Indian Express newspaper by telephone from his home in Dubai.

"Your government has dashed my hopes. I think it shows a lack of confidence on the part of India to face me," he said, according to the paper's website.

The former president, who was born in New Delhi before the partition of the sub-continent, had been invited to India by private organisations to attend seminars and meet the media.

"I don't plan to come to India ever again," Musharraf said, citing the visa refusal as an affront to his "honour and dignity."

Indian government officials have confirmed the visa request was denied, but declined to elaborate on the reasons.

India press reports earlier this week said the decision stemmed from India's belief that Musharraf was responsible for a large-scale militant incursion in Kashmir in 1999 that brought India and Pakistan to the brink of war.

Musharraf was army chief of staff at the time of what became known as the Kargil conflict. Several months later he led a bloodless coup that finally saw him proclaimed Pakistan's president in 2001.

He stepped down in 2008 and is now attempting a political comeback.

AFP: Musharraf vows never to visit India again

He is an agent of U.S.

Musharraf is a good roll your sleeves up and get down and dirty guy. India couldn't handle his bluntness, that was obvious from the Agra summit onwards.

Musharraf is a good roll your sleeves up and get down and dirty guy. India couldn't handle his bluntness, that was obvious from the Agra summit onwards.

Yes, he is very good in handling the media no doubt, but bluntness is not always good.

David Cameron got blunt in Islamabad and was not appreciated in Pakistan. Nobody likes blunt people.

World leaders need to be cunning smart. They must know how to deliver the message efficiently. Obama is a perfect example.

Looks like mushy is in full swing in making his party popular.

Back
Top Bottom