What's new

Musharraf vows never to visit India again

Stupid and childish move by India to deny Musharraf the visa. Fact is that Musharraf came closest to making a compromise with India on Kashmir to the point of being hated in Pakistan. I think one of the attacks against Musharraf came from a Kashmiri group. And IF Musharraf was saddled back to power then he would definitely try to resume where he left of.
Kargil was in 1999. Before that it was the Siachen of the 80s. Before that something else. Fact is that Musharraf made visits to India after 1999.
In contrast, both LK Advani and Jaswant Singh--not exactly friends of Pakistan--found welcome in Pakistan and will probably find welcome again.
Having said all this, I don't think it was very mature for Musharraf to say 'never' to visit India again. This shows that the guy is not a natural diplomat. Proper response would have been something like it was 'unfortunate' for India to deny the visa, etc, etc.

I guess India may have done him a favor, the kind of beautiful relationship our countries enjoy...Musharraf may yet gain politically in Pakistan from this open display of the Indian Government's dislike.

Interesting development though, not easy to read into why this happened at this stage and not earlier.

Let me prove my capablilites in conspiracy theories.

Mushy and India have struck a secret deal where the GoI will deny him the visa and act as if it has humiliated him. Mushy will now act as a man with honor and integrity and makes all these vows. His popularity soars in Pakistan and this combined with the dillusionment with Zardari gives a landslide victory to Mushy.

Now as a thanksgiving to 'friend' India, Mushy continues with peace process and ultimately recognises the LoC as IB,thus settling the Kashmir issue once and for all.

Accha hai na ?? :D

Back
Top Bottom