What's new

Musharraf Pitted as new leader of MQM

Not going to happen. Musharaf has never been member of MQM. How is it possible that he can become a leader of a party? Not saying its totally impossible but its highly unlikely though.

POLITICS.........POLITICS...........POLITICS...........POLITICS................POLITICS........POLITICS............POLITICS

I dont care who comes in....all we need is peace, respect and prosperity !!!!!!

is that too much to ask for :cray: :cray:
democracy hai,,,jo mangogey wo milega:D

so nawaz will put cases of treason against musharraf on back burner and let him run a party? how weak a rigged prime minister can be.... just see for yourself !
anything goes as long as personal interests are served
I know you saw charges on Musharraf as fair but look that same retards are now saying they will put article 6 on Imran Khan too. again i find it ridiculous

Abid Sher Ali and Khawaja Asif and Saad Rafeeq think that article 6 is their bitch. PML N is here to prolong its rule to fill up the coffers. if Musharraf cant be contained then they will let him go

I know you saw charges on Musharraf as fair but look that same retards are now saying they will put article 6 on Imran Khan too. again i find it ridiculous

Abid Sher Ali and Khawaja Asif and Saad Rafeeq think that article 6 is their bitch. PML N is here to prolong its rule to fill up the coffers. if Musharraf cant be contained then they will let him go

Prepare yourself for 10 years of Noon League rule.

Chalo ji...establishment kaheen say ghus ayi hai ab idhar.

BTW, could you explain the Haider Abbas Rizvi part...I didn't know about those allegations.
Fahad explained it more explicitly than I wanted to....Secondly you don't see the big chess. Musharraf's attempts to enter in mainstream politics faced an instant demise as his party could only bag one provincial seat. MQM has a political stronghold in Karachi (and by the dismal performance of PTI lawmakers in Karachi, its gonna stay firm). Taking over the reins of MQM would directly catapult Musharraf in mainstream politics as MQM consistently bags ~20 NA while 45+ Provincial seats, indirectly making him 3rd or 4th biggest political leader of the country.
With Musharraf, the thing is that MQM's trump card will be lost. Musharraf doesn't come across the kind of person who will play the Muhajir card very effectively.
Musharraf is an urdu speaker himself, the trump card will stay intact as a well supported urdu speaker will be at the helm of affairs in MQM...

It was rumoured by Najam Sethi couple of months ago. I think people are taking it too seriously...

Anything is possible.

As they say, Politics makes strange Bed-fellows.

Fahad explained it more explicitly than I wanted to....Secondly you don't see the big chess. Musharraf's attempts to enter in mainstream politics faced an instant demise as his party could only bag one provincial seat. MQM has a political stronghold in Karachi (and by the dismal performance of PTI lawmakers in Karachi, its gonna stay firm). Taking over the reins of MQM would directly catapult Musharraf in mainstream politics as MQM consistently bags ~20 NA while 45+ Provincial seats, indirectly making him 3rd or 4th biggest political leader of the country.

Musharraf is an urdu speaker himself, the trump card will stay intact as a well supported urdu speaker will be at the helm of affairs in MQM...

Well lets see what happens, but I am not expecting much.

Not going to happen. Musharaf has never been member of MQM. How is it possible that he can become a leader of a party? Not saying its totally impossible but its highly unlikely though.

But he has been in bed with them. Its the ethnicity card. Additionally, Musharraf has a lot of support within the Karachi Business community and has links abroad(even if no clout in them as such for now, could change with MQM).

military coups must stop, we cannot go back and forth like this.. we as a nation need to get rid of political mafias. its not army's job to fix the country's political problems. therefore, it is up to us to get rid of these feudal and business mafias.

But he has been in bed with them. Its the ethnicity card. Additionally, Musharraf has a lot of support within the Karachi Business community and has links abroad(even if no clout in them as such for now, could change with MQM).

Well I have noticed that all hardcore MQM supporters happen to be big fans of Musharaf. As you said the ethnicity card can play a big role. This rumour about Musharaf being installed as a leader of MQM has been flying around since the murder of Dr Imran Farooq. I wonder if there is a larger game being played behind the screens?

It was rumoured by Najam Sethi couple of months ago. I think people are taking it too seriously...
Most of the MQM workers that I come in contact with, have endorsed this explicitly or implicitly....However, since I am still not sure of it, I used the word "strong rumors"...

[quote="Leader, post: 5751248, member: 31895"]military coups must stop, we cannot go back and forth like this.. we as a nation need to get rid of political mafias. its not army's job to fix the country's political problems. therefore, it is up to us to get rid of these feudal and business mafias.[/quote]
100% agree with you (exceptions still stand but lets agree on your comment in its spirit)

what Musharraf is being tried for is when he was the president. and you have seen how "evidence" has been tempered and how judges and prosecution has been selective in its haste to charge Musharraf.. there is no chance of justice when government, prosecution and judiciary has time and again declared that they only want to punish Musharraf.

I find it so shameful that the members of Musharraf cabinet that were there in the meeting about the declaration of emergency are now in Nawaz party so in order to accommodate them justice is being selective.

I have had no issues if he was charged for the coup of 99 after Nawaz failed to have his plane crashed or landed into India. reason I mentioned all this is just to let you know that I am consistent with my stance. not for sake of Imran or Musharraf or Sheikh Rasheed.

coming back to possible future leadership of MQM, it all depends what happens to Altaf, he might survive. although Urdu speaking people like Musharraf generally and specially MQM has a lot of support for him but making him leader is far fetched.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom