What's new

Musharraf Pitted as new leader of MQM

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
There are strong rumors in circulation that Musharraf may be handed over the leadership of MQM in case Altaf Hussain's case reaches its ultimate conclusion. Governor Ishrat ul Ibad, Haidar Abbas and Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui -who was previously pitted as replacement- and farooq sattar have all been given the backseat...

There are strong rumors in circulation that Musharraf may be handed over the leadership of MQM in case Altaf Hussain's case reaches its ultimate conclusion. Governor Ishrat ul Ibad, Haidar Abbas and Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui -who was previously pitted as replacement- and farooq sattar have all been given the backseat...

yes it is rumored... and Mushy himself wanted this as well.. If he is selected as chief may be the MQM will regain something..

Rumors are Rumors only!!! Musharraf won't take that filthy seat

so nawaz will put cases of treason against musharraf on back burner and let him run a party? how weak a rigged prime minister can be.... just see for yourself !

Never gonna happen...

If Musharraf comes, the whole MQM slogan of 'Muhajir' Qaum will lose it's weight.
no wonder I couldnt mention you how the heck am I gonna remember that name now :cray: yaar you mods should have names A B C or something easy to remember! :pissed:

Never gonna happen...

If Musharraf comes, the whole MQM slogan of 'Muhajir' Qaum will lose it's weight.
You are just too naive to understand the thinking process of establishment...If a weak or unacceptable leader is installed at the helm, MQM will plunge in chaos, spilling chaos in whole of Karachi.....Let me provide you with some comparison
1-Haidar Abbas Rizvi----May not be acceptable due to his alleged connection with sectarian events, may also spark a sectarian devide in MQM
2- Maqbool Siddiqui and Farooq Sattar----Both are purely poltical faces with no say in street power of MQM....may fail to run the party once given the command.
Musharraf is very popular generally acceptable to MQM's followers, he may also be able to control/contain the militant elements with the help of establishment...making him a better choice than his rivals.

You are just too naive to understand the thinking process of establishment...If a weak or unacceptable leader is installed at the helm, MQM will plunge in chaos, spilling chaos in whole of Karachi.....Let me provide you with some comparison
1-Haidar Abbas Rizvi----May not be acceptable due to his alleged connection with sectarian events, may also spark a sectarian devide in MQM
2- Maqbool Siddiqui and Farooq Sattar----Both are purely poltical faces with no say in street power of MQM....may fail to run the party once given the command.
Musharraf is very popular generally acceptable to MQM's followers, he may also be able to control/contain the militant elements with the help of establishment...making him a better choice than his rivals.

Chalo ji...establishment kaheen say ghus ayi hai ab idhar.

BTW, could you explain the Haider Abbas Rizvi part...I didn't know about those allegations.

With Musharraf, the thing is that MQM's trump card will be lost. Musharraf doesn't come across the kind of person who will play the Muhajir card very effectively.

Secondly, he has had enough of Pakistan, IMO he is going to go for good. Kayani and Raheel Shareef have said alot to him and they don't want anything more to do with him since the whole treason trial.

Who are you & what did you do to Pakistan's Nukes ? :unsure:

Chuk kay bhaag gaya!

Most of you don't know I live in Karachi and Mushraff is very popular after Altaf Hussian in Muhajir community even hardcore MQM goons love him.....
But this will remain rumor.... But this will help MQM to become a national party...

Chalo ji...establishment kaheen say ghus ayi hai ab idhar.

BTW, could you explain the Haider Abbas Rizvi part...I didn't know about those allegations.

With Musharraf, the thing is that MQM's trump card will be lost. Musharraf doesn't come across the kind of person who will play the Muhajir card very effectively.

Secondly, he has had enough of Pakistan, IMO he is going to go for good. Kayani and Raheel Shareef have said alot to him and they don't want anything more to do with him since the whole treason trial.

Chuk kay bhaag gaya!

Hadier is known has Shia terrorist and very unpopular in MQM Sunnis there is a big divide of sectarianism in MQM... Sunnis of MQM say that shia usullay control main party decision...

Maqbool Sidique is a old worker and bring in front to revive early 90 politics he was minister of first cabinet of Nawaz first govt...

Last edited:
So you are urduspeaker, it makes sense now.

If musharaf becomes head of MQM, we will another colour to his decision to turn tribal areas into warzone

POLITICS.........POLITICS...........POLITICS...........POLITICS................POLITICS........POLITICS............POLITICS

I dont care who comes in....all we need is peace, respect and prosperity !!!!!!

is that too much to ask for :cray: :cray:

So you are urduspeaker, it makes sense now.

If musharaf becomes head of MQM, we will another colour to his decision to turn tribal areas into warzone
Not an Urdu speaker but certainly not ethnically centered and motivated....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom