What's new

Musharraf Period Saw Rapid Economic and Human Development in Pakistan

This is what I exactly said that what is the difference between 19000MW and 19GW. In my earlier post also I mentioned 20,000MW i.e. 20GW. Exact figure is 21.6GW. Pakistan has a short fall of 4-6Gigs. neither of the figures come anywhere close to 700GW which you mentioned.
I was merely suggesting that if Pakistan is to be a fully developed nation with an advanced economy, it needs at least 700 GW. Only 23.5 GW installed by the end of 2013 for Pakistan is simply peanuts.

Considering India is around 6 times more populous than Pakistan, that Poor Supa Powa needs around 4,000 GW of installed capacity. Currently, it's just over 200 GW.

Until a nation makes available 24/7 electricity for all it's citizen, it's just a so called "developing nation" and nothing more in my humble opinion.

Al

Haq's Musings: A Brief History of Pakistani Economy 1947-2010
Do you even know what a recession is? It's contraction of GDP which Pakistan has never ever had in its entire history.

Pak%2BGDP%2B1951-2009.png

ROFL

I see a -1.8 in year 1951 in your chart, do you want me to highlight it for you?

How can you be so stupid Mr Haq?

I was merely suggesting that if Pakistan is to be a fully developed nation with an advanced economy, it needs at least 700 GW. Only 23.5 GW installed by the end of 2013 for Pakistan is simply peanuts.

Considering India is around 6 times more populous than Pakistan, that Poor Supa Powa needs around 4,000 GW of installed capacity. Currently, it's just over 200 GW.

Until a nation makes available 24/7 electricity for all it's citizen, it's just a so called "developing nation" and nothing more in my humble opinion.
America has around 1000 GW. 25% of what you are suggesting for India.

America has around 1000 GW. 25% of what you are suggesting for India.
I think their is no point in discussing this as it is mere waste of time. Everything in this world is relevant. Had India and Pakistan been so resourceful their people would not have been in shambles. suggesting installation of 700gigs for Pakistan and 4000Gigs for India is asking too much. Their people are still fighting for survival in terms of food and shelter.

Quoted text
Under the dicatatorship of General (retired) Pervez Musharraf, Pakistan received around $20 billion of ecenomic aid and ended up with at least a $100 billion of economic damage to the country.

On top of that Allah and His Rasool Sallahu Alaihi Was-Sallam Knows Best how much money the military pocketed by selling Muslims to the United States as so proudly acknowledged in General (retired) Pervez Musharraf's book, In the Line of Fire.

I would say General (retired) Pervez Musharraf was the most stupid General and Chief of Army Staff in Pakistan's history, even worst than the tyrant Ayub Khan.

May Allah save Pakistan from such Fitna and Fasadi men.
disagree to your point of view with respect because when Musharaf rplaced the PML(Nawaz) in 1998 when foreign currency accounts of peoples of Pakistan was ceased by federal Government, Pakistani foreign currency reserves was empty, Flour (Atta) Shortage was on the top, Pakistan was isolated by economic embargos imposed by western countries and many more mismanagement problems, then Musharaf sucessfuly addressd this problems.

disagree to your point of view with respect because when Musharaf rplaced the PML(Nawaz) in 1998 when foreign currency accounts of peoples of Pakistan was ceased by federal Government, Pakistani foreign currency reserves was empty, Flour (Atta) Shortage was on the top, Pakistan was isolated by economic embargos imposed by western countries and many more mismanagement problems, then Musharaf sucessfuly addressd this problems.

Traitor General (retired) Pervez Musharraf sold Pakistan and Kashmir for around $23 billion. Just like the tyrant Field Marshall Ayub Khan's stupid fantasies broke Pakistan in half.

Have you ever read tyrant Field Marshall Ayub Khan's book, Friends not Masters?

Traitor General (retired) Pervez Musharraf sold Pakistan and Kashmir for around $23 billion. Just like the tyrant Field Marshall Ayub Khan's stupid fantasies broke Pakistan in half.

Have you ever read tyrant Field Marshall Ayub Khan's book, Friends not Masters?
who is the buyer ? where is $ 23 billion ? why present Government silent on this issue ?

I was born in South Africa and as such am a South African citizen. A minority muslim in a majority christian country.

But Pakistan touts itself as an Islamic country (I'm referring to government not to individual Pakistani's - so please don't misunderstand me). It seems strange to me that its government mirrors the American Republican state in design instead of the Prophet Muhammed's caliphate state. Anyway, aside from this I would like to ask any Pakistani to address the following questions about Pakistan's financial and monetary system :

A number of questions to ask on this important topic.

Having read the Quran, I have found that Allah and his Prophet (pbuh) has declared WAR on RIBA (unjust increase in wealth – as I understand the meaning). It occurs to me that Allah has not declared WAR on any other sin in the whole Quran. Would you agree with this interpretation of ‘riba’ as I have stated it above (unjust increase in wealth)? If not, how would you define it?

My second question pertains to the usury and the Banking system currently implemented in both Muslim (Pakistan) and non-Muslim countries. Banks (from the world bank down) loan money on the principal of fractional reserve banking. This means that they only need to hold a small amount of cash in relation to the total amount of money that they lend to borrowers; in effect the money lent is not deposits, but money that they create out of thin air. In addition they require collateral put up by the borrower to secure the loan, thus insulating themselves from any risk. The reserve requirement can be ten percent but may be as low as three percent (and recently even less). So, keeping in mind that ninety percent or more of the loan is money created out of thin air, it follows, from the market law of SUPPLY AND DEMAND, that this increase in the amount of money (liquidity) in the market reduces the value of everyone else's money, which is unjust and therefore is RIBA. The result is inflation, reducing the value of the money of the masses, every time a loan is given (again; because supply is being unjustly increased by money created out of nothing). This results in an unjust reduction of everyone's wealth and Allah has warned about reducing peoples wealth unjustly in the Quran. And once again, banks immunise themselves from lost by insisting on collateral.

In Islam business is halaal and riba (again unjust increase in wealth as I understand it) is haram; this means that an Islamic institution has to share in the opportunity of profit and loss for it to avoid the sin of riba. Also money in Islam was primarily GOLD and SILVER and other commodities where the value of the MONEY IS IN THE MONEY (intrinsic value). With this kind of money people are protected from the lowering value of printed money, but subject to Allah’s law of supply and demand.

So here is my question:
Why have Muslim countries (such as Pakistan) chosen to use fiat currency when it follows that this is the vehicle of riba? Why does my research show that a thinly disguised western system of banking is being used by these so called Islamic banks? Which has the same result as that of Western Banking – the masses of the people being robbed of their wealth through this so called inflation (which is really theft) and being pushed into poverty. Why don’t Muslim countries use gold and silver coinage as money to avoid this very serious sin (a declaration of war from our creator you must admit is extremely serious) against Allah and his Prophets (pbuh).

Your consideration and answers of these questions of this topic is greatly appreciated. If you can get Musharraf the betrayer to answer it it will be even better.

In anticipation.

May Allah grant you peace and his choicest blessings.

who is the buyer ? where is $ 23 billion ? why present Government silent on this issue ?

Read traitor General (retired) Pervez Musharraf's back cover of his book, In the Line of Fire. He so proudly and shamelessly acknowledges that Pakistani military had been selling Muslims to United States and his Government made a lot of money from this trade.

On top of that, how do you think the Shamsi Air Base ended up in America's hand? People of Pakistan only learnt the existence of this base once the Anericans were kicked out under Democratic Pakistan.

In one of General (retired) Pervez Musharraf's interviews he confirms handing over the Shamsi Air Base to America which was used to station American drones and subsequently kill thousands of Muslim Pakistanis. According to General (retired) Pervez Musharraf, he felt this was a good idea at the he made the decision.

Shamsi Air Base taken back from CIA, US forces

When a criminal institution like Pakistan Army grips the helm of power every time, do expect them to sell their souls for a few dollars. It's what they get trained for...

Last edited:
It's a shame that no one has yet addressed the questions I have posed in my previous post.

The measure of a muslim state (and indeed of each individual muslim) is how closely they follow Quran and Sunnat. After all, didn't the prophet Muhammed say in his farewell speech that he leaves two things - 'Quran and sunnat'. So that must be the benchmark for a country calling itself Islamic. While in Islam we do believe in consultation 'shura', their is no such thing as democracy - where the majority rules. In other words you cannot by majority change the law of Allah - if a majority believe that the Americans did indeed land on the moon or that 9/11 was perpetrated by 'Islamic' terrorist, as they claim - does not necessarily make it so. Yet America goes to war on these so called 'majority' opinions which seem to change like the wind. The very definition of being a muslim is acknowledging the creators sovereignty and submitting to his will. Of course this includes not only in how leaders are chosen, but also how we select an economic model for the Islamic state.

So how do Pakistani's explain their acceptance of a western styled government ruled by money. And let's not throw dust in the eyes, the evidence is quite apparent that its the ones with the most money that makes the rules. This contradicts the Islamic ethos of Allah's sovereignty completely.

Which brings me back to my previous post. Can someone please answer the questions I have posed their concerning fiat currency, money creation and banking.

And in conclusion I would like to quote a hadith of our beloved prophet Muhammad (pbuh):

“Allah's Messenger (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: 'You will indeed follow the ways of those before you, hand span by hand span, and an arms length after another. Even if they enter into a lizard’s hole, you will follow them.’ We (the Sahaba) asked, ‘Is it the Jews and the Christians?’ He replied, ‘Who else!’” [Bukhari]

It breaks my heart to say that, looking at your political system; looking at your economic and monetary system, to name just a few of Pakistan's systems - this is exactly what has now happened thanks to our betrayers - Musharraf you are one of them. The same applies to Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia and let's not forget the American sattelite Saudi Arabia.

We as a muslim ummah are indeed in grave trouble if this is where our so called muslim leaders and ulemah are taking us .... straight down the lizard's hole.

Allah protect us from these tyrants.

Last edited:
Here's a piece I wrote back in 2008:

Many commentators in Pakistan and the World are in overdrive talking about mandates and profound meanings of the February 18 vote in Pakistan. Some are claiming it is a mandate to restore an independent judiciary, media and democracy while others are talking about it as rejection Musharraf's pro-US policies, "extremism" and "war on terror" etc.
In my humble opinion, there is a far simpler explanation for it: People voted in a predictable way based on the issues that affect them directly on a daily basis. These issues are the basic bread and butter issues such as the availability of cheap atta (wheat flour), more reliable supply of fuel and electricity and improved sense of security. Overall macro-economic improvements, significant growth in GDP, per capita income, explosion in mass media etc over the last 8 years did not count for much as people voted.
The reason I call it "predictable" is because all humans want their basic physiological and safety needs met before they turn their attention to higher level issues of civil society, liberty and realization of full potential. In fact, this is something all managers dealing with people routinely learn as "Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs" in management training so they can get better at motivating the people they manage.

Maslow's hierarchy of needs is a theory in psychology that Abraham Maslow proposed in his 1943 paper "A Theory of Human Motivation", which he subsequently extended to include his observations of humans' innate curiosity. The diagram above shows that most Pakistani voters were operating at the two lower levels of the pyramid in their decision to punish the ruling party. This conclusion is further re-enforced when you look at how the results of the IRI (International Republican Institute) opinion polls changed from September 2006 to January 2008. According to an IRI poll in September 2006, Musharraf had a 63 percent approval rating. But last October 11, IRI released a poll showing him at 21 percent. By late January 2008, Musharraf's approval rating plummeted to 14%. What happened in this intervening period that affected people directly: It was increase in suicide bombings following Lal Masjid, the wheat flour price hike and shortage, serious electricity load-shedding and brown-outs, the firing of the chief justice, his restoration and then re-firing, and Benazir Bhutto's assassination. While each contributed to the drop in Musharraf's approval, the biggest drop came between November 2007 and January 2008 with the food, fuel, electricity crises intensifying and Benazir Bhutto assassination. The final straw came when people directly felt the full impact of the food, the fuel, the power and the security issues. In the end, it was clearly a vote to punish the ruling party of PML-Q and Musharraf rather than to give any mandate to the PPP and and the PML(N).
The fact that MMA, who ruled NWFP and Baluchistan, suffered the same fate further illustrates the fact that the people voted to punish those in charge. It was "Throw The Rascals Out" votes cast in anger and protest all over the country.
The winners will probably get a very short honeymoon period before people start demanding quick resolution to their basic concerns with food and fuel prices and security. Given the worldwide commodity price inflation and the worsening situation in Afghanistan and Pakistan's FATA region, the new government faces very difficult challenges as soon as it takes charge. If the winners choose to focus on settling scores with Musharraf and other political opponents rather than attend to the real bread, butter and security issues, they will quickly lose the support of the people who have elected them.

Haq's Musings: Pakistan Vote: Against Musharraf Or For Opposition?

On top of that, how do you think the Shamsi Air Base ended up in America's hand? People of Pakistan only learnt the existence of this base once the Anericans were kicked out under Democratic Pakistan.
Shamsi and Jacobabad were the two bases awaiting funding to be brought into active service. Pakistan (Not Gen PM) got them upgraded free of cost and earned handsome amount of money for the country. Both these bases were provided for logistics support and in that particular point in time, it was the best decision. Instead of allowing violation of sovereignty and get pounded as well, Pakistan had its two bases developed and earned money also.

When a criminal institution like Pakistan Army grips the helm of power every time, do expect them to sell their souls for a few dollars. It's what they get trained for...
I will look forward to your such remarks when one of yours die on the boarders. Perhaps at one point and time you wanted to be in the institution and were rejected; or kicked out of it. In retaliation you are bad mouthing those because of whom you sleep well. @batmannow
Which brings me back to my previous post. Can someone please answer the questions I have posed their concerning fiat currency, money creation and banking.
I can respond to your questions, however, my views may not be in line with what you want to hear and displease many.

Musharraf, shamelessly, provided logistic support to our enemy, the US and sold his own people to it

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom