What's new

Murree Money Making Morons Now Facing Misery

There are stories of so many locals who helped.

It is really sad that everyone is lumping the whole are as one, how about the people who did good?
This collective punishment line of thinking is unfair and wrong.
Well, no one has said anything about locals who gave shelter to the stranded folks, only the greedy Hotels and Restaurants are being targeted. People have receipts to prove that they were charged in excess of Rs.30000 just for a room.

Well, no one has said anything about locals who gave shelter to the stranded folks, only the greedy Hotels and Restaurants are being targeted. People have receipts to prove that they were charged in excess of Rs.30000 just for a room.

If the target is Murree, that includes the locals, lot of people here are brandishing a wide brush. Perhaps it would be better to use exact term like Murree hotel owners or something, at least then it will be a more compact term.
But, I also heard a story about a hotel owner who helped.

All the discussion is about anger and hate, it is high time we bring a correct perspective on this issue, rather then let it become a witch hunt.

If the target is Murree, that includes the locals, lot of people here are brandishing a wide brush. Perhaps it would be better to use exact term like Murree hotel owners or something, at least then it will be a more compact term.
But, I also heard a story about a hotel owner who helped.

All the discussion is about anger and hate, it is high time we bring a correct perspective on this issue, rather then let it become a witch hunt.
One doesn't need to point it out specifically as the news has mostly revolved around hotels and restaurants charging excessive amounts to take advantages and benefit from peoples misery. Where as many locals did come out to help although there were others charging Rs. 5000 for 500 wheel chain or deliberately dumping fresh snow to create obstacle and then offering to tow for thousands. And please remember Murree was in headlines even before the current tragedy, tourists getting beaten up and abused in front of their wives and kids, there was a period we would visit Murree every weekend but obviously the place has declined from being a chill out hill station,

One doesn't need to point it out specifically as the news has mostly revolved around hotels and restaurants charging excessive amounts to take advantages and benefit from peoples misery. Where as many locals did come out to help although there were others charging Rs. 5000 for 500 wheel chain or deliberately dumping fresh snow to create obstacle and then offering to tow for thousands. And please remember Murree was in headlines even before the current tragedy, tourists getting beaten up and abused in front of their wives and kids, there was a period we would visit Murree every weekend but obviously the place has declined from being a chill out hill station,

I take your point, but just in this thread there are comments brandishing everyone. I am just providing a perspective, in-case anyone forgets. there is nothing wrong with that.

Let's view my comment as the old man who used walk around muhallahs at night shouting Jagtay raho, I do not know if you are old enough to remember that. Although I have spend major part of my life aboard, but I do remember that. View my comment as that old man shouting Jagtay raho, although I'm not officially old as yet lol

Murree is not a very big area it is a very small zone with some restaurant
When it snows the terrain which is already difficult to navigate becomes even more dangerous

The tragic events which happened are regrettable but really it is the responsibilities for authorities , they should have predicted Snow Fall and then locked down the streets before the snow fall

Hotels and restaurants are not refuge , the owners have right to invite or reject any customer
However the travelers who decided to travel , under heavy snow bear responsivity for their own decision to travel

In ideal circumstances , a rescue service should have existed in the area because rescue helicopters are sent to save foreigners who are climbing mountains , so makes sense similar rescue machines should have been initiated

The problem lies in "availability of assets" which can rescue people in such circumstances

If heavy Horse power cars can get stuck the dinky Suzuki have no chance to get out of snow which is 50-60 cm deep

R u making excuse for what happened. Like the men who put snow on the road to ice up so people cannot leave in the morning without using their blue jeep to pull them out for 4000 rupees.
What happened here was criminal. People died due to greed. There is no excuse

:coffee:

1- Normally people wear warm clothing before they go to high altitude areas with snow , I am sure the victims were not properly dressed

2- The authorities which monitor weather should have send out alerts to tell people to not go a region where roads will be blocked - did not happened

3- After heavy snow , there was no mechanism to track blocked vehicles in remote area

4- Did we not have any rescue helicopter to send out (perhaps no one knew who to call for help), when we have some mountain climbers stuck on Mountain sure there is a process which is followed to rescue , did we not have a helicopter in region to fly over to see who is stuck ???? or Not ???

So failure on multiple points

Hotels/Restaurants normally charge certain profit margin they perhaps did not understood how many people would get stuck , could be case of misunderstanding or plain greed

It is not job for Army to send in soldiers to go remove snow
This is job for Local City officials to ensure they have plans and process to clean up roads from snow

Last edited:
Civil admin enables their plunder. Sab milay hoe hain.
Plenty of places in Pakistan to visit besides Murree
No one's saying stop domestic tourism, just that head out somewhere else

Bhai muree choro Balakot jao...
People will forget after some time and these thugs will again activate
It should stay like that for next 5 years.
Murree is convenient for Isl/Rwp residents. Rule of law should be enforced instead of boycott. Also, boycott is not practical as there were boycott calls in the past as well with little effect.

Went to murree a few days ago, I enjoyed my trip and had a wonderful time.

Muree is a wonderful place.
I have seen many vlogs of western tourists in muree and they were treated very well.
Probably jealous people here who
cant afford a holiday and are spreading rumors.

Muree is a wonderful place.
I have seen many vlogs of western tourists in muree and they were treated very well.
Probably jealous people here who
cant afford a holiday and are spreading rumors.
Looooop clearly someone who has never been to murree. It used to be good now it's a dive. One of the worst places to go to in paksitan for tourists.

I deliberately avoid Murree. The locals are not cooperative, 5 ki cheez 500 Mai Wala hisaab hai. Awaam truck ki batti k peeche lagi hui hai isliye zillat uthaati hai. Bachpan se Murree ka Naam sunte Hain to bare hokar bhi wahen jaate Hain. Food quality is substandard too.

Back
Top Bottom