What's new

Murree Brewery of Pakistan

It is banned for muslims but nonmuslims are allowed to buy it, they have to get a card from the government. But its pretty much usless, every now and than the customs seizes a container(full of liqour) and showcases it to the media but it does not stops the inflow of alcohal. As long as their is a demand, the supply is going to be there. Alcohal is big business in Pakistan, i am talking about some serious $$$$ here. This company bringing in $40 million in revenues is nothing, people who are smuggling foriegn liquor in are making some serious $$$.

Ok, Own up !! How many Pakistanis here have ID's with the name Rajesh Kapoor !! I know I would have made one and sold bootlegged liqour at premium prices !! Business man, business !!:taz:

^agreed everyone can get it no one gives a damn here!

Another report by AFP :-

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for you guys.

How do the liquor store owners keep ******* from buying it? do non-******* have a ID card that says so?

Do you really think its 5 million that are buying it :D. Pakistanis have to be probablly the biggest hypocrites in the world, when i entered my adulthood i began to realize how widespread alcohol is in Pakistan by experiencing it first hand. On a side note, all the people i know in Pakistan who are hardcore drinkers dont even touch this beer because they like foriegn beer .

LOL.. i had a major chuckle there with that being said.. i need to get into the Alcohol Business!!! my bank account is rather empty.

ID... what ID :disagree:

Never heard of such a thing here. You know the whole process of buying liquor in Pakistan is fairly simple. You don't even need to get off your car and go in. Just pull up next to a wine shop, and there are three-four minions sitting outside who run to your car the minute you slow it down when you approach the wineshop. You roll down the window and tell them what you want, give them the cash, take a round of the lane (you obviously don't want to clog the road or let the passers-by know what you are up to in the lane in the first place). So go down the lane, take a U-turn/reverse back and collect your "bounty" — takes less than five minutes :partay:

There is so much money/business in this wine business. You know there is a wine shop in Clifton (and considered medium sized) and at least two large NLC containers come every week with the stock. Takes up to three hours to unload the stuff and the whole lane is blocked. :tsk::tsk:

But what's interesting are the timings of these wineshops — open during broad daylight and no business after five/six p.m. last I heard. As for the kind of people who flock: not your average rave-going crowd, rather men with beards, women, the local town police supritendents' mobile... the flock comprises mostly of the unlikely suspects. ;)

And Durran agreed with you over the bit about those who are hard-core drinkers — those fellas prefer the bootlegger at the PIDC intersection (that's in front of Sheraton/PC/PIDC House) or the one on Shaheed-e-Millat Road (for those on the other side of town) :woot: :lol:

ID... what ID :disagree:

And Durran agreed with you over the bit about those who are hard-core drinkers — those fellas prefer the bootlegger at the PIDC intersection (that's in front of Sheraton/PC/PIDC House) or the one on Shaheed-e-Millat Road (for those on the other side of town) :woot: :lol:

And you know this vital information by????

Well lots of people coming up, admitting and sharing their experiences as how to get hold of alcohol in Pakistan without being caught.

But, i am learning!

BTW, i never knew toddlers in Pakistan also have experienced the 'purchase-procedure' first hand!:rofl:

I think a ban on alcohal or keeping a bad eye to alcohal drinkers always work against society.
alcohal can not be stopped - we all knew what happned during prohibition of alcohal in united states. same situation happening in gujrat in india right now.

I think its easy to find marijuana or hash in pakistan than to go n fetch good scotch.

I never understood whats harm with having a bloody good drink with your family and friends why people have to be against it. its related to good times.

I mean - you know taht lovely feeling of - finishing up your six pack of Heineken on sunday afternoon under the sun on your roof with a nice plate of seesh kebaz. or roasted lamb. or when you watchign weekend fotty in the night - with your beer and your fish fry. or a nice glass of wine with your meal, or talking about social iussues in your living room with your friends and family with a glass of scotch , or dancing out in your night club on the bottles of absolut, or having rum during those biking trips cold night in your tent. or just bloody having it for the heck of it.
whats wrong with having alcohal i never unbderstood this.

Same reason why some parts of India dont serve beef and can not enjoy the delicious meal thats not complete without it. I do not see the harm in enjoying a good hearty meal without some good beef. i never understood what the harm is in having a bloody good sheesh kabab with your family and friends why people have to be against it. its related to good times.

Same reason why some parts of India dont serve beef and can not enjoy the delicious meal thats not complete without it. I do not see the harm in enjoying a good hearty meal without some good beef. i never understood what the harm is in having a bloody good sheesh kabab with your family and friends why people have to be against it. its related to good times.

absolutely true - i mean a good steak fills you like nothing else- you know that kerala beef pickle you get - i dont know how can people not eat it ????

but then again people are blindfolded by their - own rational and force i think you are me just wont get it. :cheers:

so till the time we dont get - lets eat drink and be marry !! cheers mate :cheers:

Cannot impose our way of life onto others. But lets just keep hope alive. Cheers.

$40 million dollars a year, that is impressive of 5 million population buying, which sound very reasonable, but if I have to take a guess it is probably 15-20 million buyers for this brand name alone that are buying yearly.

exported to over 40 countries of the world - i once saw a bottle of murree beer in a pub in San Francisco !!!

every Fighter Base Officers Mess had all brands of MB, Army PAF were one of there biggest customers till 1976. Yes it is easily found in Denver Irish Pubs.
The highest % of Alcohol is in Heineken Beer 9% but MB beats it by 20%.

I did not know that .. 20% is kindve high .. i had heard 14% ..

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom