What's new

Mumbai terror - a reason to attack Pakistan?

Pakistan may pull back troops from Afghan border

* Defence officials say Pakistan could shift focus on more immediate threat

ISLAMABAD: Tensions with India would force Pakistan to pull nearly 100,000 troops from its western borders, Defence sources said on Saturday.

The officials said Pakistan had already made it clear to the US and NATO that in case of mounting escalation with India, Pakistan’s priority on the war on terror would shift and it would to take care of the more immediate threat to its security.

They said Indian External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee threatened Pakistan and its leadership and that forced Pakistan to adopt a tougher line. India had already put its air force on high alert, they said, adding Pakistan would take measures to ensure its security and safeguard its interests.

They said India had not given any evidence of the alleged involvement of groups or individuals from Pakistan in the Mumbai attacks, and Pakistan would take action against such elements if there was credible evidence.

“I can say with my authority under my command that there’s no involvement of any Pakistani institution in any manner,” Reuters quoted a high-ranking officer as telling reporters at a briefing. “It’s not an ideal situation for a country to go to war. Coercion is there and it’s going up and it needs to be neutralised.”They said that instead of blaming Pakistan, India should try to find the real culprits.

According to a private TV channel, the defence officials said the next 48 hours would be crucial.

“”They’ll have clarity of thought and we’ll have clarity of the situation in next 24-48 hours,” Reuters quoted officials as saying. staff report/agencies

Oh no its nothing!

He probably just said that to make you happy. ;)

There is no reason for me to be happy or unhappy when it comes to realities. First you must understand what kind of person Ali boy is. He is a good guy, a patriotic Pakistani.

I like to engage members who is consistent with his views for most of the time and then does a complete U-Turn. :)

As I have said before, lots of interesting people on this forum. It is good to understand how they think.

If one day Ali starts posting pro-Indian news then you will understand that move alone is priceless. :)

There is no reason for me to be happy or unhappy when it comes to realities. First you must understand what kind of person Ali boy is. He is a good guy, a patriotic Pakistani.

I like to engage members who is consistent with his views for most of the time and then does a complete U-Turn. :)

As I have said before, lots of interesting people on this forum. It is good to understand how they think.

If one day Ali starts posting pro-Indian news then you will understand that move alone is priceless. :)

^^^^^^ I admired of your precious views.....refirming my strong believes that still there are mature peoples arround the globe who can think by keeping ethical values & principles.
You r really a ROCK... 'BlackStone'....Bravo:tup:.......I respects your views and thanks on behalf of bro 'Ali.009' and forum too!
Keep it up. GOOD LUCK & Best Regards

Last edited:
^^^^^^ I admired of your precious views.....refirming my strong believes that still there are mature peoples arround the globe who can think by keeping ethical values & principles.
You r really a ROCK... 'BlackStone'....Bravo:tup:.......I respects your views and thanks on behalf of bro 'Ali.009' and forum too!
Keep it up. GOOD LUCK & Best Regards

Wow, such praise. :). Anyways, thanks for your compliments, but I am just being myself.

Actually, most take a negative view of me, I have no problems with that. I enjoy being the public enemy number 1 on this forum. :agree:.

A good memory is a reply from T-Rex. That comment was so bad that Neo had to delete it. I guess I have blown his short fuse even though my post was not directed at him. :lol:

Those were happy times. :)

That was totally lame.

You lost Kargil miserably, no two ways about it, howmuch ever you would like to salvage sunken pride.

Have you forgotten that during Kargil operation Indian Army went short of coffins??? and Indian leaders were bending in front of US for playing its role in compelling Pakistan to withdraw, and u know what, Kargil operation was not aimed at capturing any land rather the object was to bring Kashmir issue into lime light, and that was amicably done. Had the aim been capture of territory then the operation would not have been launched with such a meagre force

:pakistan:

Even though I am an Indian,i believe war wont achieve much for India and therefore it shouldn't go for war.
It could only make more people in Pakistan anti-Indian and thereby increasing the number of "radical elements" in Pakistan.It would destabilize Pak letting loose all of these elements all over the world.

A large number of Indians are very angry with both the government and Pakistan.
But the fact of the matter is-
Most Indians are more angry with the government than with Pak.

They hate the politicians more than Pakistan.And the Indian politicians know this,a reason why so many heads are starting to roll to bring in accountability.

The government instead of waging a costly war in which more Indians will loose life should strengthen RAW and other agencies so they could handle these "elements" on Pakistani soil and get rid off them.

At the same time the government should have tougher laws,Federal Investigation Agency,greater co-ordination among the various agencies,NSG commandos in more places,maybe a separate Department of Homeland Security etc.

Fortunately the government has woken up and a lot of these measures are apparently going to be implemented.

Its still not too late.

Btw,most likely BJP will win the coming elections and so India could only harden its stand though full scale war is unlikely with many countries particularly US asking India to back down.

Last edited:
Hahahahahahaha

I am now laughing myself stupid on the film "Shootout at Lokandwala",there I saw a completly different picture of ATS.The way they were carrying out the operation(in the film only) was quite impressive,but in reality, ATS seems a sitting duck and even NSG,MARCOS and Army commandos act like they were playing Hide & Seek and got shot when they had been seeked moving around.

My sincere opinion is that India should not boast up it's abilities in the films but to pay their attention to the real scene.Because, unfortunately, The Mumbai Attacks can not be directed by even Yesh chopra.

Back
Top Bottom