What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
“There are a lot of very, very angry Muslims in India,” Ms. Fair said. “The economic disparities are startling and India has been very slow to publicly embrace its rising Muslim problem. You cannot put lipstick on this pig. This is a major domestic political challenge for India.

Well, its not the sensible Muslims who are angry. Just look at the election turn-out in Kashmir, where the vast majority of people defied the separatists and terrorists to come out and vote.

It's just the fanatics that can't help being in a permanent state of anger. That's true not just in India but also in Pakistan and Bangladesh.

I'm bored...

So can i say get a life ?

They even canceled the ICL world series. Lol Pakistan win by default for being the highest in the standings. Wait a while and the Indian investigators will blame Inzamam to have engineered all this to win the ICL world series.

Pakistani Poor Sarcasm at its worst.

IPL may not happen either. The English are in Dubai, Ausies won't come.

Its postopned, but will happen.
This is India, bot some tribal la la land.

Well, its not the sensible Muslims who are angry. Just look at the election turn-out in Kashmir, where the vast majority of people defied the separatists and terrorists to come out and vote.

It's just the fanatics that can't help being in a permanent state of anger. That's true not just in India but also in Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Thats very well put there Halaku.

Secularism does not mean giving a free pass to terrorists.

Love or no love, you guys need to get out of this blaming Pakistan thing every time something happens. Bring your own house in order before shifting the entire blame on another country and finding an easy escape goat.

And its not about being a Muslim anymore, it had more to do with being a Pakistani or not, like one member said earlier i was responding too, that Pakistan and Pakistanis are involved in terrorism worldwide, so definitely Pakistanis will respond to it, because the terrorist turned out to be from India, or our you implying that just because he as a muslim, the only way our love for the muslims in India can be shown is if we dont call a bad apple bad? wow nice logic Vinod.

Well it cuts both ways. Good that you admitted that it is national interest first.

The concern for Islam or Indian Muslims is only a ruse to be used when it will benefit the national interests.

But I do agree that there is a lot that needs to be done by India. They terrorist did have some local support.

But if they turn out to have been foreigners, we should first try to enlist the support of the government concerned in trying to root them out. If that is not successful, the government should do what needs to be done to make the culprits pay and pay dearly.

Only if the masterminds cower for their life, will the scourge be eliminated. No point in just killing these brainwashed idiots.

situation is normal guys no firing any where as rumored just now

Railway commissioner says that there has been NO firing , all rumours.

Atleast they had the sense to apologize for creating FAKE drama

We've killed more terrorists in the past 8 years than the whole world combined. We kill our terrorists not collaborate with them and send them to India. These terrorists masquerading as jihadis don't like Pakistanis so much if you haven't been reading the news this past 8 years.

We ever since '47 we have been saying your country is infested with Islamic terrorist and you a nd your govt said NO. Now you said you have killed the most. Where did all those killing happen? Right inside your borders. So did they land from moon, NO!!! These guys were there from begining.

Your country wre hosts to these terrorists and its juts now you habe started moving against them. So dont blame us for piting figures against your land. Most of the terrorist attacks in US and UK had Pakistanis directly or indirectly supporting, providing training and logistics.

Mumbai attacks: Reaction from international leaders to terrorism, Bombay India - Telegraph
World leaders, including George W Bush, Barack Obama and Gordon Brown, have condemned the terrorist attacks by gunmen in Mumbai, India (formerly known as Bombay), in which at least 101 people have been killed and 287 wounded.

By Daily Telegraph Reporter
27 Nov 2008

"President Bush offers his condolences to the Indian people and the families of the innocent civilians killed and injured in the attacks in Mumbai" - George W Bush, the US President, in a White House statement

"President-elect Obama strongly condemns today's terrorist attacks in Mumbai," said a statement by Brooke Anderson, Obama's spokeswoman on national security. These coordinated attacks on innocent civilians demonstrate the grave and urgent threat of terrorism. The United States must continue to strengthen our partnerships with India and nations around the world to root out and destroy terrorist networks. We stand with the people of India." - Barack Obama, the US President-Elect, in a statement

"These outrageous attacks in Mumbai will be met with a vigorous response. I have sent a message to Prime Minister Singh that the UK stands solidly with his government as they respond, and to offer all necessary help. Urgent action is underway to offer every possible protection to British citizens in the region." - Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister

"Today's attacks in Mumbai which have claimed many innocent victims remind us, yet again, of the threat we face from violent extremists. I condemn these attacks unreservedly. Our thoughts are with the families and friends of those killed and injured. The UK and India will continue their joint efforts to counter the actions of terrorists." - David Miliband, the Foreign Secretary

"This kind of terrorism is unforgivable, extremely despicable and vicious. I feel strong resentment and deeply condemn it. Japan is with the Indian people who are fighting against terrorism and we will cooperate with the Indian government." - Taro Aso, the Prime Minister of Japan

"We are concerned about the loss of life and consider that acts of terrorism of this type are harmful to the whole international order and are a challenge to humanity." - Dmitry Medvedev, the President of Russia

"Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani while strongly condemning the incidents of violence in Mumbai has expressed deep sorrow over the loss of precious lives." - Yousaf Raza Gilani, the Prime Minister of Pakistan, in a statement

"Whichever group has perpetrated this attack, they are cowards, absolute cowards, and murderers. This cowardly attack on India's stability, peace and democracy reminds us all that international terrorism is far from defeated, and that we must all maintain our vigilance. We stand ready to assist India in any way it needs right now." - Kevin Rudd, the Prime Minister of Australia

"This is a cowardly act, it's indiscriminate, it's a terrorist act, it's insulting democracy, and it takes as victims and casualties innocent people." - Simon Crean, the acting Foreign Minister of Australia

Pakistan condemned the attacks with President Asif Ali Zardari "stressed the need for taking strict measures to eradicate terrorism and extremism from the region."

In a separate message Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani also "strongly condemned the terrorist attacks."

It does make some Muslims vulnerable I must say but a vast majority don't care - The rich ones have a business to carry on , the middle class have other daily life issues to deal with and the lower Income group Muslims worry more about how the next meal will come.

Ya thats the thing. This makes it more likely for there to be backlash against muslims... always for any such attack there has always been a reprisal against muslims. Even the blasts by indian mujahideen. Check around and u'll see murders of muslims rose dramatically after the one in gujrat and recent one in assam.

btw - I think you had asked about my name , I'm a guy and my name is Nihat Karim , where Nihat means - servant of God.

That is like so very very surprising since you have that big teddy bear on your profile...

I did'nt know guys like teddy bears. Though i did sleep with one till 5 yrs old thoh...

Anyone here likes teddies? Comeon they're fluffy and all... :D

BTW U really f4m delhi? Our uncles family (that Indians left alone!) in delhi lives in Model town phase II. Rest either died f4 being muslims in 47 or ran off to Pak lol. Actually even after 47 we've had some issues with our relatives in hydz and lucknow coming under attack and stuff. My cousin salma was raped and killed for converting a hindu guy.

How u living there yet? Must be tough eh?
Neva know what cud hit ya?
;)

Yes. Local factors are just exploited to get the recruits brainwashed.

It is a global problem and the brainwashed recruits are pouring in from everywhere.

That Kafeel guy did not blow up the glasgow airport because he did not get a decent education or job. He was well educated in India, gt a decent job in Britain and still misused both to wreak the havoc on those who fed him and hosted him.

We ever since '47 we have been saying your country is infested with Islamic terrorist and you a nd your govt said NO. Now you said you have killed the most. Where did all those killing happen? Right inside your borders. So did they land from moon, NO!!! These guys were there from begining.

Your country wre hosts to these terrorists and its juts now you habe started moving against them. So dont blame us for piting figures against your land. Most of the terrorist attacks in US and UK had Pakistanis directly or indirectly supporting, providing training and logistics.

BS. Yes they are coming from outside, does Afghanistan ring a bell. Understand some basics before ranting out all loud, unstable neighbors have serious repercussions on its neighbors and that too where the border is disputed and one is unable to fully seal it. The same stands true for Pakistan.

UK terror plot was successfully breached with the help of Pakistan, do i need to remind you that. DO i need to also remind you that the guy involved was a UK national and not a Pakistani, his ancestors being from Pakistan does not make him a Pakistani, he was born there, lived his whole life there, so if anyone that has to be blamed is the UK government itself and not Pakistan. Same stands for other places.

Ya thats the thing. This makes it more likely for there to be backlash against muslims... always for any such attack there has always been a reprisal against muslims. Even the blasts by indian mujahideen. Check around and u'll see murders of muslims rose dramatically after the one in gujrat and recent one in assam.

That is like so very very surprising since you have that big teddy bear on your profile...

I did'nt know guys like teddy bears. Though i did sleep with one till 5 yrs old thoh...

Anyone here likes teddies? Comeon they're fluffy and all... :D

BTW U really f4m delhi? Our uncles family (that Indians left alone!) in delhi lives in Model town phase II. Rest either died f4 being muslims in 47 or ran off to Pak lol. Actually even after 47 we've had some issues with our relatives in hydz and lucknow coming under attack and stuff. My cousin salma was raped and killed for converting a hindu guy.

How u living there yet? Must be tough eh?
Neva know what cud hit ya?
;)

Talking of Backlash , really I think it's a crime to belong to the lower class , irrespective of any religion . Any petty theft or mischief is blamed on any slum Dwellers , be it a Dalit from MP, Migrant from UP or Bihar , Bengali domestic help or Muslims.

About that Teddy thing , can you tell me how to remove it - I don't like to have avtars , someone just stuck it there.

I live in Saket in Delhi , pretty far off from Model town , I think thats north Delhi.

Life's been easy for me here , I schooled from a public school , graduated from IIT-D in telecommunications and don't have a single muslim friend , all pucca dilli walla punjabi guys.

But I'm extremely sorry to hear about hate crimes your family had to suffer.

o please! now this is getting on my nerves .you can't be so persistant and certain when blaming and misjudging Pakistan or Pakistanis for that matter ok!
did you happen to know those Terrorists personally.hah! i guess you do.
come up with somthing more authentic and contemplative!
its ludicrous!

Mumbai attacks: Reaction from international leaders to terrorism, Bombay India - Telegraph
World leaders, including George W Bush, Barack Obama and Gordon Brown, have condemned the terrorist attacks by gunmen in Mumbai, India (formerly known as Bombay), in which at least 101 people have been killed and 287 wounded.

By Daily Telegraph Reporter
27 Nov 2008

"President Bush offers his condolences to the Indian people and the families of the innocent civilians killed and injured in the attacks in Mumbai" - George W Bush, the US President, in a White House statement

"President-elect Obama strongly condemns today's terrorist attacks in Mumbai," said a statement by Brooke Anderson, Obama's spokeswoman on national security. These coordinated attacks on innocent civilians demonstrate the grave and urgent threat of terrorism. The United States must continue to strengthen our partnerships with India and nations around the world to root out and destroy terrorist networks. We stand with the people of India." - Barack Obama, the US President-Elect, in a statement

"These outrageous attacks in Mumbai will be met with a vigorous response. I have sent a message to Prime Minister Singh that the UK stands solidly with his government as they respond, and to offer all necessary help. Urgent action is underway to offer every possible protection to British citizens in the region." - Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister

"Today's attacks in Mumbai which have claimed many innocent victims remind us, yet again, of the threat we face from violent extremists. I condemn these attacks unreservedly. Our thoughts are with the families and friends of those killed and injured. The UK and India will continue their joint efforts to counter the actions of terrorists." - David Miliband, the Foreign Secretary

"This kind of terrorism is unforgivable, extremely despicable and vicious. I feel strong resentment and deeply condemn it. Japan is with the Indian people who are fighting against terrorism and we will cooperate with the Indian government." - Taro Aso, the Prime Minister of Japan

"We are concerned about the loss of life and consider that acts of terrorism of this type are harmful to the whole international order and are a challenge to humanity." - Dmitry Medvedev, the President of Russia

"Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani while strongly condemning the incidents of violence in Mumbai has expressed deep sorrow over the loss of precious lives." - Yousaf Raza Gilani, the Prime Minister of Pakistan, in a statement

"Whichever group has perpetrated this attack, they are cowards, absolute cowards, and murderers. This cowardly attack on India's stability, peace and democracy reminds us all that international terrorism is far from defeated, and that we must all maintain our vigilance. We stand ready to assist India in any way it needs right now." - Kevin Rudd, the Prime Minister of Australia

"This is a cowardly act, it's indiscriminate, it's a terrorist act, it's insulting democracy, and it takes as victims and casualties innocent people." - Simon Crean, the acting Foreign Minister of Australia

Pakistan condemned the attacks with President Asif Ali Zardari "stressed the need for taking strict measures to eradicate terrorism and extremism from the region."

In a separate message Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani also "strongly condemned the terrorist attacks."

No matter we condemn it or not, we will still be blamed for it. IMO the best course of action here for us will be that(i don't know if that's possible) but Pakistan should try to push for an international investigation of this incident because that needs to be done in order to bring out the truth whether Pakistan is involved or not. If Indians are all that sure about Pakistan's involvement, they shouldn't hesitate for an external investigation to occur because this way Pakistan will be exposed to the whole world and will not be able to bear the international pressure and will therefore have to close down these so called terrorist cells (provided there are any in the first place).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom