What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Mumbai is situated in USA??? if not why would US ask for extradition of anyone.

And Zombie your media also failed to mention or may be having some memory laps to mention headly was CIA agent too.

Mumbai is in India and the attack on it killed Americans too, Hence the demand for extradition.
Headly was a CIA agent or not ,is unclear, but pakistan is the safe haven and epicenter for terrorism. :pakistan:

So the Mumbai is situated in USA??? if not why would US ask for extradition of anyone.

And Zombie your media also failed to mention or may be having some memory laps to mention headly was CIA agent too.

And he was recruited by Jana into CIA (as only recruiter can be so sure). Just kidding wanted to have some fun.

US man denies Mumbai plot charge

The FBI alleges Mr Headley attended militant training camps in Pakistan
A US man has pleaded not guilty to charges of involvement in the deadly Mumbai (Bombay) attacks of a year ago.

David Headley, a Pakistani-American, is accused of having helped identify targets for the assaults which left 174 people dead, including nine gunmen.

He was arrested over a plot to attack a Danish newspaper which had printed pictures of the Prophet Mohammed.

On Monday, US justice officials released a raft of new charges related to the Mumbai attacks.

DAVID HEADLEY
Born in 1960 in the US to a Pakistani father and an American mother
Spent much of his childhood in Pakistan
Attended a military boarding school in Islamabad
Dropped out of school at 17
Joined his mother in the US after she divorced his father
Changed his name to David Headley in 2006
Made five extended trips to Mumbai between 2006 and 2008
FBI says he took pictures and made videotapes of various targets, including those attacked in 2008
Arrested in Chicago on 3 October 2009 as he was about to travel to Pakistan
Mr Headley, 49, has been charged with six counts of conspiracy to bomb public places in India, to murder and maim people in India and Denmark, to provide material support to foreign terrorist plots, and to provide material support to the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba group.

Mr Headley is also facing six counts of aiding and abetting the murder of US citizens in India.

He was arrested on 3 October 2009 for allegedly planning terrorist attacks against the Danish newspaper which published cartoons about Islam.

The Chicago branch of the FBI says David Headley attended Lashkar-e-Taiba training camps in Pakistan in 2002 and 2003, where he conspired to plan and carry out attacks in both India and Denmark.

Prosecutors say Mr Headley changed his name from Daood Gilani in 2006 after he was told by members of Lashkar-e-Taiba that he would be travelling to India to carry out surveillance duties for the group.

The FBI says his aim was to present himself as an American citizen without any links to Pakistan or Islam.

After repeated trips to India in 2006 and 2008, investigators say he returned to Pakistan, where he would provide his alleged co-conspirators with photographs, videos and descriptions of locations he is accused of having staked out.

The attacks in Mumbai were the result of extensive planning
The FBI says Lashkar-e-Taiba instructed Mr Headley to take boat trips in and around Mumbai harbour with the goal of finding potential landing sites for the team which carried out the Mumbai attacks.

Mr Headley is reported to be co-operating with the ongoing investigation into the attacks in Mumbai and the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten.

His lawyer, John Theis, entered the not guilty plea on his client's behalf and waived his right to be indicted by a grand jury.

No new information was released at the routine arraignment. The next hearing has been set for 12 January 2010.

CHICAGO: Terror suspect Tahawwur Hussain Rana complimented members of Lashkar-e-Taiba, saying they did a "good job" during the terror attacks in
Twitter Facebook Share
Email Print Save Comment
Mumbai last year, US prosecutors have alleged. ( Watch Video )

According to a 10-page memo filed by US prosecutors in a court here on Monday, Rana asked co-conspirator David Coleman Headley to "pass along a message for me" to LeT Member A, whom Rana had given the name 'Khalid bin waleed'.

"In the world, if there had been...a medal for command, top class," the documents quote as Rana saying. It further adds that Headley then interrupts Rana and informs him that he already had passed that message and "I (Headley) took your (Rana's) name when I said it". Rana responded "there is no doubt, it is a very befitting name for him. Very good. Good job".

Headley then explained that while LeT Member A briefed the attackers on the targets, Headley identified a different LeT member by name as the trainer of the attackers--"Training was by Abu Qahafa....this Jamaat (group) prepares people really well".

Rana responded that "whatever mixture you guys have made, whichever person did it...yeah, there they stood their ground".

Prosecutors added that "far from advocating non-violence, Rana's own statements reveal his support for the brutal killing of 170 people...It is quite clear that Rana is no Gandhi".

Headley has been charged with conspiring in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks. Rana, through his lawyer Patrick Blegen, has denied that he was involved in the attacks that killed 167 people. Blegen was not available immediately for comment on the prosecutors' charges.

The documents filed by federal prosecutors also allege that Rana praised the terror outfit LeT when Headley mentioned that an LeT member would be used to carry out an attack on the National Defence College in India.

"After Headley states that 'we' would use LeT Member A to carry out the attack on the Defense College, Rana again offered praise for Let Member A and LeT: "They should be really commended. I appreciate them from my heart", Rana said in a secretly recorded conversation with Headley.

Headley last week pleaded not guilty to charges he faces in connection with the Denmark and India plots. Rana, a Pakistani native and Canadian citizen, is charged with providing material support to a conspiracy to commit a terrorist attack overseas.

'Good job', Rana told LeT during Mumbai attack - US - World - The Times of India

CHICAGO: Terror suspect Tahawwur Hussain Rana complimented members of Lashkar-e-Taiba, saying they did a "good job" during the terror attacks in
Twitter Facebook Share
Email Print Save Comment
Mumbai last year, US prosecutors have alleged. ( Watch Video )

According to a 10-page memo filed by US prosecutors in a court here on Monday, Rana asked co-conspirator David Coleman Headley to "pass along a message for me" to LeT Member A, whom Rana had given the name 'Khalid bin waleed'.

"In the world, if there had been...a medal for command, top class," the documents quote as Rana saying. It further adds that Headley then interrupts Rana and informs him that he already had passed that message and "I (Headley) took your (Rana's) name when I said it". Rana responded "there is no doubt, it is a very befitting name for him. Very good. Good job".

Headley then explained that while LeT Member A briefed the attackers on the targets, Headley identified a different LeT member by name as the trainer of the attackers--"Training was by Abu Qahafa....this Jamaat (group) prepares people really well".

Rana responded that "whatever mixture you guys have made, whichever person did it...yeah, there they stood their ground".

Prosecutors added that "far from advocating non-violence, Rana's own statements reveal his support for the brutal killing of 170 people...It is quite clear that Rana is no Gandhi".

Headley has been charged with conspiring in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks. Rana, through his lawyer Patrick Blegen, has denied that he was involved in the attacks that killed 167 people. Blegen was not available immediately for comment on the prosecutors' charges.

The documents filed by federal prosecutors also allege that Rana praised the terror outfit LeT when Headley mentioned that an LeT member would be used to carry out an attack on the National Defence College in India.

"After Headley states that 'we' would use LeT Member A to carry out the attack on the Defense College, Rana again offered praise for Let Member A and LeT: "They should be really commended. I appreciate them from my heart", Rana said in a secretly recorded conversation with Headley.

Headley last week pleaded not guilty to charges he faces in connection with the Denmark and India plots. Rana, a Pakistani native and Canadian citizen, is charged with providing material support to a conspiracy to commit a terrorist attack overseas.

'Good job', Rana told LeT during Mumbai attack - US - World - The Times of India

A Lie Repeated A Thousand Times is Still a Lie.

Yes thats why Pakistani government indicted LeT members..and also Headly being booked for 26/11 terrorist attacks by the US government..this all are bunch of lies..when will you guys start to getting out from the denial mode??

Last edited:
I think people like you are running out of options and excuses. Grow up.

k here's how it is.... i opened this read the first line " wuf wuf wuf wuf wuf wuf wuf "

sorry havent taken the classes where they teach you how to read stuff from ToI :rolleyes:

I thought you would know. How Pakistanis were involved in Mumbai attacks, how they were involved in providing terrorists with "moral support" by funding terrorist activities across the border, by funding Kashmir separatists like Hurriyat to host propogonda machine, involving in Kargil (oops, did I say Kargil - it was Mujahadeen in that case, right?)

Sure ... we thought you know what you are saying. Or do you really mean that "Do as I say, not as I do! " - well that also works fine.

State of Denial is giving you guys a bomb blast a day, does not matter it can be on the army HQ, or govt building or at market place. Pakistani friendly Taliban is providing enough support, isnt it? Ask Imran, he would explain you how Taliban is benefiting Pakistan.

so sorry but now it will be

again Indian media ... bulllllllllllllll crap

:rofl:

I think people like you are running out of options and excuses. Grow up.

Yes thats why Pakistani government indicted LeT members..and also Headly being booked for 26/11 terrorist attacks by the US government..this all are bunch of lies..when will you guys start to getting out from the denial mode??

I think the issue being contested is that there needs to be some other credible source to back up these 'sensationalist' accounts in the Indian media.

Surely since this was a memo filed by US prosecutors, there will be US/Western sources with the details of that memo that validate the material presented in the Indian media.

The skepticism of these accounts arises from the fact that the ToI has been publishing all sorts of 'anonymous sources' based stories maligning Pakistan related to the Headley/Rana case.

Now this account does at least attribute a proper source (memo filed by US prosecutors) so I am not as skeptical of its veracity, but Pakistanis can be excused for being skeptical because of all the unsubstantiated rubbish published in the past few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom