What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interpol has no teeth. It is a waste of time to give evidence to them. They were given evidence on Dawood Ibrahim, they have sounded a Interpol alert, what happened?. Squat happened.
Just give the damn evidence!

The lack of evidence is the key issue here, and clearly India is not cooperating.

Just give the damn evidence!

The lack of evidence is the key issue here, and clearly India is not cooperating.

India's trying to play a larger game here and attempting to get Pakistan to dismantle the entire Kashmiri Freedom movement.

That is why no evidence is being shared. India wants Pakistan to act on 'past information' and the 'evidence it already has'

Translation: Take apart and shut down all of the Kashmiri insurgent camps and organizations.

If India actually cooperated and shared evidence on the Mumbai attacks, and Pakistan acted against Lakhvi and Saeed, then Pakistan would be eulogized for 'acting against terrorism', and India would have no room to pressure Pakistan on the international stage.

India at this point does not care about Mumbai - the Mumbai attacks are being used as a pawn to pressure Pakistan. In fact, the longer the case goes unsolved, the more India gains in terms of putting pressure on Pakistan.

What a contradicting piece of hogwash.

The ISI is the military's covert operations arm, and is staffed by Army, Navy and AF officers. All the resources for covert operations would be available through the ISI.

If it isn't the ISI, then it likely isn't the Army, Navy or AF either.

I suppose some in local law enforcement could be involved.

India actually cooperated and shared evidence on the Mumbai attacks, and Pakistan acted against Lakhvi and Saeed, then Pakistan would be eulogized for 'acting against terrorism', and India would have no room to pressure Pakistan on the international stage.

Am, I really do not understand what did you mean by this statement, maybe you need to elaborate for me more. Question Why would India not benefit when if Pakistan is acting aganist terrorism. Currently, it is clear that it is not, even though everyone in the gov't agnecies knows that they are rogue.

GUSS what india doesnt have any thing "called proof" or "damn evidence"!:rofl::lol::tsk::sick:

Am, I really do not understand what did you mean by this statement, maybe you need to elaborate for me more. Question Why would India not benefit when if Pakistan is acting aganist terrorism. Currently, it is clear that it is not, even though everyone in the gov't agnecies knows that they are rogue.

India wants Pakistan to completely dismantle the Kashmiri Freedom movement and support for it. Either that or it wants to isolate and sanction Pakistan internationally by linking the Kashmiri freedom movement to terrorism.

That is why India isn't sharing evidence on Mumbai specifically. Because if India shared evidence and cooperated, Pakistan would most likely charge Saeed and Lakhvi in court, and if the evidence was strong, they would get convicted. But when that happens, all pressure is off Pakistan because she will have 'acted against terrorism' and 'brought the Mumbai perpetrators to task'.

India doesn't want that - she wants to use this opportunity to mount pressure on Pakistan to dismantle the entire Kashmiri movement, like I said above. The longer the Mumbai perpetrators remain unpunished, the longer India can attempt to sustain pressure on Pakistan, and try and tie the entire Kashmiri movement to terrorism. If the yardstick for 'cooperation' becomes action against the Kashmiri movement, instead of action against the LeT, JuD Lakhvi or Saeed, then Pakistan can really be pressured and isolated.

The Mumbai attacks have become a pawn in this game.

What a contradicting piece of hogwash.

The ISI is the military's covert operations arm, and is staffed by Army, Navy and AF officers. All the resources for covert operations would be available through the ISI.

If it isn't the ISI, then it likely isn't the Army, Navy or AF either.

I suppose some in local law enforcement could be involved.

I do not think it is contradicting at all, even though the FBI did not find direct link to ISI, but it did find a somewhat obsure agency that is linked to the army.

While the name of the Pakistan establishment involved in the attack was not clear immediately, the sources did not rule out the possibility of active and direct involvement of its Army.

So, after said in done FBI did find a link with the army. That is part of the Pakistan gov't.

I do not think it is contradicting at all, even though the FBI did not find direct link to ISI, but it did find a somewhat obsure agency that is linked to the army.

So, after said in done FBI did find a link with the army. That is part of the Pakistan gov't.

Let me address your second statement first. No, the FBI has not said that it found a link with the army and therefore has not said anything about a link with the GoP. You need to read these media reports out of India more carefully.
the sources did not rule out the possibility of active and direct involvement of its Army
The 'sources' in the Indian media have become a laughing stock with all the contradictory information put out after the Mumbai attacks, and it is a 'source' claiming this, not the FBI, at this point.

Second, even the 'source' has said nothing categorical about any institutional Pakistani involvement, stating instead that they 'do not rule out the possibility'. You could also 'not rule out the possibility' that UFO's planned this.

In addition to heavy common sense filters, I think there should be a move to refer to at least 2 sources on such topics: one Indian/Pakistani; and the other a Western source.

Given the dearth of quality journalism in south Asia, it isn't wise to rely upon many of their media publications as primary sources for important information. I'm not saying that everything they publish is false, or that CNN is completely free of infotainment. But let's try and have multiple corroborative sources from various backgrounds.

Investigations of this sort take weeks if not months to complete; and this particular one is primarily limited to US, British and Indian intelligence/ law enforcement agencies with the sole intention of not letting out critical information until it has been corroborated internally, and releasing verified information broadly to all media outlets. It is hence highly unlikely that tabloid outfits like Rediff or their Pakistani counterparts can obtain scoops about the FBI's findings are so prematurely categorically implicating or vindicating Pakistan.

Energon, this is a PTI news, which is syndicated to all the news outlets in India.

India wants Pakistan to completely dismantle the Kashmiri Freedom movement and support for it. Either that or it wants to isolate and sanction Pakistan internationally by linking the Kashmiri freedom movement to terrorism.

That is why India isn't sharing evidence on Mumbai specifically. Because if India shared evidence and cooperated, Pakistan would most likely charge Saeed and Lakhvi in court, and if the evidence was strong, they would get convicted. But when that happens, all pressure is off Pakistan because she will have 'acted against terrorism' and 'brought the Mumbai perpetrators to task'.

India doesn't want that - she wants to use this opportunity to mount pressure on Pakistan to dismantle the entire Kashmiri movement, like I said above. The longer the Mumbai perpetrators remain unpunished, the longer India can attempt to sustain pressure on Pakistan, and try and tie the entire Kashmiri movement to terrorism. If the yardstick for 'cooperation' becomes action against the Kashmiri movement, instead of action against the LeT, JuD Lakhvi or Saeed, then Pakistan can really be pressured and isolated.

The Mumbai attacks have become a pawn in this game.

Maybe so, But India has already proclaimed to the UN and world that any Kashmire movement is a terrorist organization. The world has known this for last 30 years or so, as well as the world also knowns that Pakistan considers the same movement as freedom fighters. There is nothing new in this argument.

Your elaborate skim in this matter lacks the above. I simply believe that India completly wants any terrorist movement in Pakistan to be ended, and any organizations abiding them and funding them, even individuals (Dawood).

There is no grand scheme, the Indian gov't is simply acting on behave of peoples anger, and the mumbai attack has finally did break the camals back in terrorist activities in India.

Energon, this is a PTI news, which is syndicated to all the news outlets in India.
If this is verified, it will be picked up by news networks around the world, and you can quote other sources; at which point I will be more than happy to share my thoughts regarding the matter.

That would still be similar to the APP (Associated Press of Pakistan).

It is pretty objective, but nonetheless will toe the Pakistani line on foreign and India related issues.

Let me address your second statement first. No, the FBI has not said that it found a link with the army and therefore has not said anything about a link with the GoP. You need to read these media reports out of India more carefully.

The 'sources' in the Indian media have become a laughing stock with all the contradictory information put out after the Mumbai attacks, and it is a 'source' claiming this, not the FBI, at this point.

Second, even the 'source' has said nothing categorical about any institutional Pakistani involvement, stating instead that they 'do not rule out the possibility'. You could also 'not rule out the possibility' that UFO's planned this.

Am, let me reiterate:

While the name of the Pakistan establishment involved in the attack was not clear immediately, the sources did not rule out the possibility of active and direct involvement of its Army.

The name of establishment is not given, but by this statement they are giving a clue of active gov't personal did have some form of hand in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom