What's new

Mujib's on the way back home from Pakistan

sheikh-mujibur-rahman-dead.jpg

Really glad these pictures are not in colour....

It also is amazing how all 3 leaders of this debocale met a brutal end.

lol and then everyone lived happily ever after....wait ..NO....you killed the bastard in the most brutal way...lol...totaly worth it...

lol and then everyone lived happily ever after....wait ..NO....you killed the bastard in the most brutal way...lol...totaly worth it...
And his unworthy killers have already been hanged.

Are we Indian slave when our GDP stands at more than US$305 billion, our exports stand at more than $40 billion and our foreign currency reserves at $32 billion. I think Quaid-e-Azam would have been happy to see his country with a robust economy. We are fulfilling his dream but the country in India's west has so far failed his expectations.

Bangladesh will become Sonar Bangla within a few decades. This fiscal we expect a $20 billion remittance against last fy's $15 billion. BD is competing with India. Can we achieve any economic good results if we show them macho culture and spend all our money to buy arms when people live in the ghetto and sleep hungry?

Mujib was the most successful disciple of Jinnah.
Never trust a bong li he'll stab you in the back 1st chance he gets

https://www.thedailystar.net/frontpage/mujib-borsho-2020-on-the-way-back-home-1851487

12:00 AM, January 09, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 01:49 AM, January 09, 2020
On the way back home

The words were magical, the news was electrifying and the effect euphoric -- Bangabandhu has been released and he, along with Dr Kamal Hossain, were on their way to London after a torturous nine months in Pakistani prison with the threat of execution hanging over his every breath. The wave of joy was universal and the happiness complete knowing that our leader was safe and would soon be amongst us -- the people he loved so dearly and risked his life to free. For those who did not live through those moments it will be difficult, perhaps impossible, to understand the almost hypnotising impact of this man who had so captivated our hearts and minds that our independence felt incomplete without him. Thus his return was central to our dream of a Sonar Bangla. The Daily Star, through its own observance of “Mujib Borsho”, the centenary of his birth, will attempt to tell the story as to why Mujib is so important for us to build a democratic, secular, freedom ensuring prosperous Bangladesh.

Shares
Bangabandhu and Indian diplomat Sashanka S Banerjee on board a Royal Air Force VIP flight from London to New Delhi on January 9, 1972. Photo: collected
" style="box-sizing: border-box; float: none; cursor: pointer; position: relative; display: table; z-index: 1; margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto;">
mujibur_rahman_0.jpg

Bangabandhu and Indian diplomat Sashanka S Banerjee on board a Royal Air Force VIP flight from London to New Delhi on January 9, 1972. Photo: collected

Shamsuddoza Sajen

It was 5 O’clock in the morning of 9 January, 1972. London was still asleep and the weather was frosty.

Bangabandhu was whisked away by the rear service door of the Claridge’s Hotel, to evade publicity, for the airport.

The silver coloured RAF Comet jet of the British PM was ready.

At about 7 O’clock, the British Comet took off.

People were told an Air India plane was to carry Bangabandhu home. It was a ploy for a decoy for the purpose of keeping secrecy in order to ensure security which was greatly warranted.

Dr Kamal Hossain along with his family and two Indian diplomats, Sashanka S Banerjee and Ved Marwah, accompanied Bangabandhu on the flight.

Sashanka Banerjee described the historic journey as his life’s most important political mission in his memoir titled India, Mujibur Rahman, Bangladesh Liberation & Pakistan.

He was handed a brief from the Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi containing guidance and instructions about what he was expected to say to Bangabandhu.

“Something interesting happened just before the flight was to take off. Ian Sutherland [ British diplomat] came up to me near the door of the aircraft where I was standing as the flight was being prepared and wished me a happy journey. Using body language with no use of words he asked me to look after the guest. I assured him also using body language that there was no need for him to worry about that. I could detect a twinkle in his eye as if he knew what I was up to,” shares Banerjee.

Ian Sutherland asked him to take his seat next to Bangabandhu.

There was a working desk in front of the twin seat. Bangabandhu parked his smoker’s pipe and his favourite Erinmore tobacco on it.

“After a session of cheerful banter and a drink of orange juice, as the flight progressed, Mujib took me into confidence and in a whisper asked me if he could ask me a big favour. There was no hesitation in his demeanour. I replied in the affirmative, subject however to my capacity and reach to do it.”

Bangabandhu told him that he wanted to convey a very important personal message to Indira Gandhi promptly on arrival in Delhi before he could make a request to her in his talks at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, the Presidential Palace.

“I was nervous for the first few seconds. What was the mission? Would I be able to reach the heights to the Prime Minister’s ear in the celebratory atmosphere of his arrival in Delhi? Mujib wanted me to do, in his own words, a bit of ‘advance spadework’ by conveying a personal request from him to the Indian PM to reconsider her decision about the timetable of the troop withdrawal.”

Bangabandhu confided him that the background of this appeal was a wish expressed by the British Prime Minister Edward Heath that if India were to agree to amend its decision to withdraw its troops from Bangladesh by 31 March 1972, that is, three months before the deadline of 30 June 1972 publicly announced by Indira Gandhi, it would pave the way for Britain to promptly extend its diplomatic recognition to Bangladesh as a sovereign independent nation.

“Mujib added his own wish to the above request. He wanted this decision to get reflected in the Bangladesh-India Joint Communique, which was to be issued at the end of their Delhi talks,” adds Banerjee.

During the trip, at times Bangabandhu would be overcome with emotion.

“After refueling in Sharjah, the aircraft resumed flight. Bangabandhu gazed out of the window at the clouds. After a while, he stood up and began to sing, “Amar Sonar Bangla, ami tomai bhalobashi.” Eyes brimming with tears, he said, “Banerjee, join in. Let’s rehearse.”

Bangabandhu added, “The journey seems endless. The free skies, people and nature of Bangladesh summon me. I cannot explain the feeling.”

At 8.10 am on 10 January 1972 the flight carrying Bangabandhu landed at Palam Airport, Delhi.

[The report is based on the memoir of Dr Kamal Hossain titled “Bangladesh: Quest for Freedom and Justice; former Indian diplomat Sashanka S Banerjee’ book titled India, Mujibur Rahman, Bangladesh Liberation & Pakistan; an article of MM Rezaul Karim published in The Daily Star and an interview of Sashanka S Banerjee published in Prothom Alo]
We Pakistanis had never any anger of hatred against Bengalis, despite their crimes in 1971. But it the moment, we simply don't like them.

I wasn't feeling sleepy for many days. I took many doctors priscriptions & nothing worked. but thanks to this article. Only 4 words were enough to put me to sleep. Thanks Bonga bandhu. :sleep:

https://www.thedailystar.net/frontpage/mujib-borsho-2020-on-the-way-back-home-1851487

12:00 AM, January 09, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 01:49 AM, January 09, 2020
On the way back home

The words were magical, the news was electrifying and the effect euphoric -- Bangabandhu has been released and he, along with Dr Kamal Hossain, were on their way to London after a torturous nine months in Pakistani prison with the threat of execution hanging over his every breath. The wave of joy was universal and the happiness complete knowing that our leader was safe and would soon be amongst us -- the people he loved so dearly and risked his life to free. For those who did not live through those moments it will be difficult, perhaps impossible, to understand the almost hypnotising impact of this man who had so captivated our hearts and minds that our independence felt incomplete without him. Thus his return was central to our dream of a Sonar Bangla. The Daily Star, through its own observance of “Mujib Borsho”, the centenary of his birth, will attempt to tell the story as to why Mujib is so important for us to build a democratic, secular, freedom ensuring prosperous Bangladesh.

Shares
" style="box-sizing: border-box; float: none; cursor: pointer; position: relative; display: table; z-index: 1; margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto;">
mujibur_rahman_0.jpg

Shamsuddoza Sajen

It was 5 O’clock in the morning of 9 January, 1972. London was still asleep and the weather was frosty.

Bangabandhu was whisked away by the rear service door of the Claridge’s Hotel, to evade publicity, for the airport.

The silver coloured RAF Comet jet of the British PM was ready.

At about 7 O’clock, the British Comet took off.

People were told an Air India plane was to carry Bangabandhu home. It was a ploy for a decoy for the purpose of keeping secrecy in order to ensure security which was greatly warranted.

Dr Kamal Hossain along with his family and two Indian diplomats, Sashanka S Banerjee and Ved Marwah, accompanied Bangabandhu on the flight.

Sashanka Banerjee described the historic journey as his life’s most important political mission in his memoir titled India, Mujibur Rahman, Bangladesh Liberation & Pakistan.

He was handed a brief from the Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi containing guidance and instructions about what he was expected to say to Bangabandhu.

“Something interesting happened just before the flight was to take off. Ian Sutherland [ British diplomat] came up to me near the door of the aircraft where I was standing as the flight was being prepared and wished me a happy journey. Using body language with no use of words he asked me to look after the guest. I assured him also using body language that there was no need for him to worry about that. I could detect a twinkle in his eye as if he knew what I was up to,” shares Banerjee.

Ian Sutherland asked him to take his seat next to Bangabandhu.

There was a working desk in front of the twin seat. Bangabandhu parked his smoker’s pipe and his favourite Erinmore tobacco on it.

“After a session of cheerful banter and a drink of orange juice, as the flight progressed, Mujib took me into confidence and in a whisper asked me if he could ask me a big favour. There was no hesitation in his demeanour. I replied in the affirmative, subject however to my capacity and reach to do it.”

Bangabandhu told him that he wanted to convey a very important personal message to Indira Gandhi promptly on arrival in Delhi before he could make a request to her in his talks at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, the Presidential Palace.

“I was nervous for the first few seconds. What was the mission? Would I be able to reach the heights to the Prime Minister’s ear in the celebratory atmosphere of his arrival in Delhi? Mujib wanted me to do, in his own words, a bit of ‘advance spadework’ by conveying a personal request from him to the Indian PM to reconsider her decision about the timetable of the troop withdrawal.”

Bangabandhu confided him that the background of this appeal was a wish expressed by the British Prime Minister Edward Heath that if India were to agree to amend its decision to withdraw its troops from Bangladesh by 31 March 1972, that is, three months before the deadline of 30 June 1972 publicly announced by Indira Gandhi, it would pave the way for Britain to promptly extend its diplomatic recognition to Bangladesh as a sovereign independent nation.

“Mujib added his own wish to the above request. He wanted this decision to get reflected in the Bangladesh-India Joint Communique, which was to be issued at the end of their Delhi talks,” adds Banerjee.

During the trip, at times Bangabandhu would be overcome with emotion.

“After refueling in Sharjah, the aircraft resumed flight. Bangabandhu gazed out of the window at the clouds. After a while, he stood up and began to sing, “Amar Sonar Bangla, ami tomai bhalobashi.” Eyes brimming with tears, he said, “Banerjee, join in. Let’s rehearse.”

Bangabandhu added, “The journey seems endless. The free skies, people and nature of Bangladesh summon me. I cannot explain the feeling.”

At 8.10 am on 10 January 1972 the flight carrying Bangabandhu landed at Palam Airport, Delhi.

[The report is based on the memoir of Dr Kamal Hossain titled “Bangladesh: Quest for Freedom and Justice; former Indian diplomat Sashanka S Banerjee’ book titled India, Mujibur Rahman, Bangladesh Liberation & Pakistan; an article of MM Rezaul Karim published in The Daily Star and an interview of Sashanka S Banerjee published in Prothom Alo]
We don't give a damn! strategic blunder to let him go , should have been hanged. But now we really don't care. So stfu.

he had survived 9 "torturous" months in Pakistan but couldn't survive in so called free Bangladesh....

tells alot.:tup:
Our society blames the killers and rapists and not the victims. Does it convey you something?

We don't give a damn! strategic blunder to let him go , should have been hanged. But now we really don't care. So stfu.
Do you really think it is possible to send the President of a country to gallows by another country? By the way, ZA Bhutto was very happy with the 1971 outcome, Do Mulk aur Do Leaders suited him well. How he can hang his benefactor?

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom