MRTP-33 Fast Attack Boats

Main Characteristics of MRTP-33

DIMENSIONS
Length, deck: 33.00m
LOA (Inc platform): 35.60 m
Beam, max: 6.70 m
Draught: 1.40 m

OPERATIONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Maximum speed, at full load: 45+ knots(Up to 55 knots available depending onengine selection and configuration)
Propulsion: All Diesels: 2 x 2720 kW MTU, 16V4000M90(Other engines available)
CODAG; Diesels: 2 x 1300 kW, MTU 16V2000M90
Gas turbine: 1 x 4000 kW Honeywell TF50 (Other engines available)
Drive system Water Jets, MJP 753 DD (for all diesels)
Water Jets, 3 x MJP 650/750 (for CODAG)

Range: 650 nautical miles (at 24 knots)
Dead weight: 30.0 tonne (metric)

CAPACITIES
Fuel capacity: 20.00 m3
Fresh water: 1.50 m3
Endurance: 3 days
Crew Up to 20

Regards
Wilco

. with speeds of more than 60kts the mrtp-33 can easily take on the indian coast guard.

also it has advanced surface-to-air capability.

And you were saying you knew nothing about defence! Who you from RAW? Just kidding!

I can't even comment on this... as i know nothing about defence and here you are trying to tell me you know nothing about defence while you know this stuff?

And you were saying you knew nothing about defence! Who you from RAW? Just kidding!

I can't even comment on this... as i know nothing about defence and here you are trying to tell me you know nothing about defence while you know this stuff?

cmon now!!! all i had to do was google "MRTP-33"

i like ur sense of humour though. :D

. with speeds of more than 60kts the mrtp-33 can easily take on the indian coast guard.

also it has advanced surface-to-air capability.

Why will it take on the Indian Coastguard ? With a range of 600 NM it can't afford to operate more than 100 miles from the Pakistani Coast. It will be used to hunt smugglers in peace time.

Why will it take on the Indian Coastguard ? With a range of 600 NM it can't afford to operate more than 100 miles from the Pakistani Coast. It will be used to hunt smugglers in peace time.

sorry for that. i didn't know

u see i am still trying to learn !!!!

PNS Harrar will be the 1st boat to be delivered to the PN as it undergoes completion in Turkey.

Fatman sir has the boat completed sea trials before it will be handed over to pakistan or will it do so in pakistan?

i believe sea trials will be conducted in the mediterranean with PN crews before dep for pakistan - God Willing.

PN overall requirement to have eight to ten MRTP-33 Missile Boats. How many do we have in service?

Did we get TOT for any missile boat? There was a rumor that Pakistan got TOT from Thailand for Missile boat. I would appreciate if someone can shed some light on this subject.

Last edited:
I think She is the 2nd boat of Pakistan PNS Karrar in sea trials in Turkey before Delivery...

c68a9862dd35215309ac62979a961a8e.jpg

Some news for all friends.
My brother who works in Wartsila Corporation, went to a navy base a few days ago. He was told by an official that although the performance of boat is appreciable but weapons integration (harpoon) is troublesome because US is not too comfortable with this (don't know why!). Could be the case since we had the harpoon conspiracy not long ago.

Some news for all friends.
My brother who works in Wartsila Corporation, went to a navy base a few days ago. He was told by an official that although the performance of boat is appreciable but weapons integration (harpoon) is troublesome because US is not too comfortable with this (don't know why!). Could be the case since we had the harpoon conspiracy not long ago.

I can see weapons integration might be (initially) problematic: it's a new class of ships, with indigenous (Turkish) components that have to work together with components from other countries. Notably the naval weapons station, SSM, SAM, radar, EW and the multisensor surveillance unit.

Without any specific indication about a) whether Harpoon integration is giving trouble (as opposed to other components), and b) what type of integration trouble (issue with Harpoon itself or issue with CMS related to Harpoon), there is no reason to assume any relation with the issue of Pakistan modifying old model Harpoons to make them more suitable for land/littoral attack. Most likely, MRTP-33 is equipped with new model (later block) Harpoons anyway, which already have this capability built in standard.

MISSION MODULES
ONUK MRTP®33 can be equipped with various mission modules depending on the customer requirements. Despite the size of the platform, these modules have been integrated with the modularity and reconfigurability objectives in mind. Thus, the platform can be reconfigured with different mission modules, increasing dramatically the operational flexibility and reducing the costs. The mission modules would be:
Multi weapon mounts.
- Stabilized naval turret with up to 30 mm. gun
(+ short range SSM).
- Medium range SSM (Total weights up to 5 tons).
- Short range SAM.
- 2 x 12.7 mm. heavy MG.
Multi sensor surveillance unit
(EOD with capabilty of controlling the main gun).
Search and rescue equipment
Decoys
SOF (Special Operation Forces) support/SDV (Seal Delivery Vehicle)
Pollution control
Yonca - Onuk JV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom