What's new

Mrs. Maryam Nawaz Sharif?

mr42O

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
10379896_10152120679606766_2863481762316455695_o.png

Apart from the usual family values of a particular "tabdeeli" party being reflected in the comments. By Islamic standards, a woman keeps her Maiden, family and surnames... But then again.. Tabdeeli is talking about incestuous relations as a past time rather than critical issues.

I wonder if IK, who has always bemoaned the petty people who targeted Jemima for her background would now happily his supporters stick to petty issues.

Here is the problem, you are mixing naming convention of two DIFFERENT cultures and hoping to make sense!

----

Now in English, a woman takes her husband's name upon marriage like so:

Miss. Maryam Nawaz Sharif

would become

Mrs. Maryam Safdar

Which can be shortened to just Mrs. Safdar.

----

On the other hand, in our culture, women don't change their name upon marriage, at least no one in my family has, and there is nothing in Islam regarding such change.

Now in Urdu, her name would be something like

Mohtarma Maryam Nawaz Sharif

before AND after marriage.

Problem is, if your try to convert Mohtarma into English...

You can use either Miss or Mrs.

And since Maryam is Married...

Hence the nonsensical mix-up of "Mrs. Maryam Nawaz Sharif".

----

This is why now in english, it is preferable to avoid Miss or Mrs and useMs., which is neutral and isn't linked to marraige status.

So they should have used "Ms. Maryam Nawaz Sharif" and avoided any weird problem.

Apart from the usual family values of a particular "tabdeeli" party being reflected in the comments. By Islamic standards, a woman keeps her Maiden, family and surnames... But then again.. Tabdeeli is talking about incestuous relations as a past time rather than critical issues.

I wonder if IK, who has always bemoaned the petty people who targeted Jemima for her background would now happily his supporters stick to petty issues.

Sir, it's not a party policy, sadly it's the way our people in general. Where as Jemima was targeted as a matter of policy by a certain party.

But in a respectful way someone should tell her that if she wants to maintain her maiden name she should use Ms. instead of Mrs. as her title.

What has IK got to do with comments below? Even those who are not with IK dont like this family based politics. Grow up man. Pakistan is changing, so should you!

May I ask in what capacity and on what merit does PM daughter deserved to be chairman of Youth Loan Scheme?

Imran Khan kedroon aya chaal mari kay? That was out of nowhere!

Here is the problem, you are mixing naming convention of two DIFFERENT cultures and hoping to make sense!
Now in English, a woman takes her husband's name upon marriage like so:
Miss. Maryam Nawaz Sharif would become Mrs. Maryam Safdar
Which can be shortened to just Mrs. Safdar.
On the other hand, in our culture, women don't change their name upon marriage, at least no one in my family has, and there is nothing in Islam regarding such change.

Now in Urdu, her name would be something like Mohtarma Maryam Nawaz Sharif before AND after marriage.

Problem is, if your try to convert Mohtarma into English... You can use either Miss or Mrs.

And since Maryam is Married... Hence the nonsensical mix-up of "Mrs. Maryam Nawaz Sharif".
This is why now in english, it is preferable to avoid Miss or Mrs and useMs., which is neutral and isn't linked to marraige status.
So they should have used "Ms. Maryam Nawaz Sharif" and avoided any weird problem.

Dude, let's cut the bull shi*t. Like everyone else, she has the right to keep whatever name. That's allowed by any religion and every culture. What you should be focused on, is not the name. It should be whether or not she's doing or will be doing anything for ordinary Pakistanis. That's what matters....changes lives of innocent, ordinary citizens. I could care less what she cooks or how she cleans her house or what name she wants to go by.....that's their personal life. Just like you and I, they have a right to do whatever they want to.
We have Jennifer Lopez for example, she's changed her name every season like summer, fall, etc, etc. Who cares? People like her music and she should be a good singer...that's what matters

if they had any values, would they be supporting a man without any values

Dude, let's cut the bull shi*t. Like everyone else, she has the right to keep whatever name. That's allowed by any religion and every culture. What you should be focused on, is not the name. It should be whether or not she's doing or will be doing anything for ordinary Pakistanis. That's what matters....changes lives of innocent, ordinary citizens. I could care less what she cooks or how she cleans her house or what name she wants to go by.....that's their personal life. Just like you and I, they have a right to do whatever they want to.
We have Jennifer Lopez for example, she's changed her name every season like summer, fall, etc, etc. Who cares? People like her music and she should be a good singer...that's what matters
WHOA!

I was just trying to explain WHAT had happened, for people who think Mrs. Can only be used with Husband's name.

I personally don't give a damn.

if they had any values, would they be supporting a man without any values

That I believe is incorrect. The leader has values, but has difficulty projecting them. Its like a good scientist with poor presentation skills and cohesion.

Imran Khan kedroon aya chaal mari kay? That was out of nowhere!
IK the what the what??
IK should be given a clear briefing on the behaviour of his party members. Im sure he would be aghast considering that what he preaches is not being practised.

IK the what the what??
IK should be given a clear briefing on the behaviour of his party members. Im sure he would be aghast considering that what he preaches is not being practised.

Supporters became 'members' all of a sudden?

Semantics to try and ditch the issue? All those who represent the party, whether by official mandate or by 200 rs stickers.

So Imran is responsible for all of his possibly 1 crore followers?

What can he do?

He has given an interview in which he categorically told his supporters to stop doing it.

PTI also gave an online press release regarding it.

Shireen Mazari has also spoken on it.

What else do you suppose he should do?

Verbal abuse and filthy language is one of the noted traits of PTI’s supporters ..

Dont we call Muahmmad Ali Jinnah as father of nations and fatimah jinnah as madare milut(mother of nation)..only cheap mentality will bring cheap thought in their minds over such things

Sorry to disagree.

There are every sort of person in one community. You can not stereotype one faction. Have PTI-ans frustration got anything to do with NS and his family dynasty? Democracy or kingship? Justice or rigging? Free media or State sponsored? among others...

Lastly Jinnah and Fatima has no business in this thread, and i would be offended if there names are to be used in retrospect to NS and His family.

Back
Top Bottom