What's new

Mrs. Maryam Nawaz Sharif?

So Imran is responsible for all of his possibly 1 crore followers?

What can he do?

He has given an interview in which he categorically told his supporters to stop doing it.

PTI also gave an online press release regarding it.

Shireen Mazari has also spoken on it.

What else do you suppose he should do?

How is Imran responsible? rather he would be aghast. He is not responsible for micromanaging how his people behave.. its like expecting Zardari to control people burning cars on BBs death.

It is the responsibility of the PTI supporters to change their attitude if they want to live up to their leaders example. If they cannot do it, then the are essentially not supporters but rather just frustrated goats looking for some social fun.

So Imran is responsible for all of his possibly 1 crore followers?

What can he do?

He has given an interview in which he categorically told his supporters to stop doing it.

PTI also gave an online press release regarding it.

Shireen Mazari has also spoken on it.

What else do you suppose he should do?

What do you think he himself is doing ? Is it anything different ?

Last edited:
How is Imran responsible? rather he would be aghast. He is not responsible for micromanaging how his people behave.. its like expecting Zardari to control people burning cars on BBs death.

That's exactly my point.

It is the responsibility of the PTI supporters to change their attitude if they want to live up to their leaders example. If they cannot do it, then the are essentially not supporters but rather just frustrated goats looking for some social fun.

Also agreed.

Here is what you said originally

I wonder if IK, who has always bemoaned the petty people who targeted Jemima for her background would now happily his supporters stick to petty issues.

I think we both know the answer to that.

Sorry to disagree.

There are every sort of person in one community. You can not stereotype one faction. Have PTI-ans frustration got anything to do with NS and his family dynasty? Democracy or kingship? Justice or rigging? Free media or State sponsored? among others...

Lastly Jinnah and Fatima has no business in this thread, and i would be offended if there names are to be used in retrospect to NS and His family.

A lot of things have been done with the excuse of frustration.. this includes serial killing, rape.. genocide.. and so on.
If Gandhi had a point with his non-violence movement.. it was to essentially force change via leaving no moral ground for the British to take action on. Here, by behaving generally like upstarts or foul mouthed gangsters.. PTI supporters give little leevey to the party in terms of moral ground for change.

It is a responsibility of both the party leadership and its supporters to set examples of change, rather than only be a slightly watered down version of those they are trying to replace.

That's exactly my point.

Also agreed.

Here is what you said originally

I think we both know the answer to that.

And I stick to it. Since you still have not understood nor seem willing to.. As the leader of a party...and as a man whose marriage essentially crumbled because of such petty accusations and issues.. should he not take objection to similar pettiness by his party members? Should he not openly and repeatedly discourage such acts with disdain?
Or are we to assume him petty as well and think that he silently feels glee at "revenge" being doled out by his supporters for acts that he suffered from?

And I stick to it. Since you still have not understood nor seem willing to.. As the leader of a party...and as a man whose marriage essentially crumbled because of such petty accusations and issues.. should he not take objection to similar pettiness by his party members? Should he not openly and repeatedly discourage such acts with disdain?

Has he not done so already?

Has he not done so already?

To what effect? Has it changed how the supporters behave?
Or are we to think that his words have little effect other than rabble rousing and most of his supporters dont really care what he is doing or what his future plans are as long as there is "tabdeeli"?

ironically, by contrast.. a fat toad in London is able to literally order people around like a drill sergant at military camp via telephone... when an up and present leader who tours the country and is popular among the so-called educated masses cannot even get them to clean up their mouths??

Sorry to disagree.

There are every sort of person in one community. You can not stereotype one faction. Have PTI-ans frustration got anything to do with NS and his family dynasty? Democracy or kingship? Justice or rigging? Free media or State sponsored? among others...
Imran khan is actually a leader who has less patience/political maturity and he often has trouble in holding his tongue and was even issued contempt notice by supreme court over his derogatory remarks against judiciary. He and his supporters cannot bear criticism and bash any individual or institution who criticise IK or his party..I would agree with assessment of this woman here

[video]

I was not comparing Quid e Azam with anyone else but i was actually saying that would PTI supporter think its bad to call fatima Jinnah as mother of nation when we call Jinnah as father of nation ?

To what effect? Has it changed how the supporters behave?
Or are we to think that his words have little effect other than rabble rousing and most of his supporters dont really care what he is doing or what his future plans are as long as there is "tabdeeli"?

Now the effect is also Imran Khan's fault?

What he can do then? You suggest in your infinite wisdom...should he take up a gun and start killing people who don't heed to the statements?

Or should he commit suicide because no one listens to him?

You can think whatever you want, you are a free person with intellect and your own thinking ability. You can think whatever you want about whoever you want. I or anybody else can't influence that.

If by your observations you see that 'his words have little effect other than rabble rousing and most of his supporters dont really care what he is doing or what his future plans are as long as there is "tabdeeli"?', then so be it.

Ironically, by contrast.. a fat toad in London is able to literally order people around like a drill sergant at military camp via telephone... when an up and present leader who tours the country and is popular among the so-called educated masses cannot even get them to clean up their mouths??

Circumstances totally change. Comparing two parties who work on totally different ideologies. Say what...let's bring in PPP as well. THen Modi, then maybe even Hitler for comparison.

Imran really is a douche isn't he?

BTW, almost all of my family is pro-PTI. They won't be supporting him for every other thing, they have their differences, but they are still pro-PTI. But they don't use derogatory language against other political leaders. These people include 14 year olds, 22 year olds, and 40 year olds (the oldest member of the house at 75 is pro PML though :p)

Now for argument's sake, let's say that there are other families like this.

I would really love to know whether all of the PTI supporters abuse like this or only a few?

You need to understand that social media has become a monster, which neither Imran Khan, not Nawaz Sharif nor PTA can control. People can say whatever they like and nobody will question them. Such is the nature of Twitter.

Let's just carry on with it. Just ignore those abusers and think that those sorry people don't have the required intellect for pursuing a meaningful discussion. Those people don't have the mental ability to have a conclusive and clean debate. They are mentally handicapped. Uneducated, barbaric, illiterate.

Don't pay heed to them. Don't make them think that they are important just because they use derogatory words.

You getting my point?

Just opposing everything Imran Khan says or Nawaz Sharif says just for the sake of saying and just because you hate the other guy isn't gonna get you, me, PTI supporters, PML supporters anywhere.

Argue with logic and facts, not abusive terms.

Imran khan is actually a leader who has less patience/political maturity and he often has trouble in holding his tongue and was even issued contempt notice by supreme court over his derogatory remarks against judiciary. He and his supporters cannot bear criticism and bash any individual or institution who criticise IK or his party..I would agree with assessment of this woman here

[video]

I was not comparing Quid e Azam with anyone else but i was actually saying that would PTI supporter think its bad to call fatima Jinnah as mother of nation when we call Jinnah as father of nation ?
not only imran khan ..everyone is abusing .. when they see that some people are ruling them .. they dnt have electricity, law and order situation is worse, graduates dnt have jobvs, people is hardly managing their living ...they get frustrated .. u can sit in a chawk people abuse their as well .. but as they dnt do it on twitter or facebook .. they dnt know abt it .. PTi is mostly conisit of crowd , which was never a part of electoral process.. abt after seeing that how many times they foooled the nation make them angry.. they ruled us 6 times ... and now their childern is coming ..People are slaves of bhutto and sharif familt .. r parents voted them, now u voted them , ur childern will vote for mariyan and hamza ... thats whats make us frustrated ... we abuse them .. people have to get their anger out one way or the other ...its better do it on twitter then like french revolation that we will cut their throats and burn their bodies

Now the effect is also Imran Khan's fault?

What he can do then? You suggest in your infinite wisdom...should he take up a gun and start killing people who don't heed to the statements?

Or should he commit suicide because no one listens to him?

You can think whatever you want, you are a free person with intellect and your own thinking ability. You can think whatever you want about whoever you want. I or anybody else can't influence that.

If by your observations you see that 'his words have little effect other than rabble rousing and most of his supporters dont really care what he is doing or what his future plans are as long as there is "tabdeeli"?', then so be it.

Circumstances totally change. Comparing two parties who work on totally different ideologies. Say what...let's bring in PPP as well. THen Modi, then maybe even Hitler for comparison.

Imran really is a douche isn't he?

BTW, almost all of my family is pro-PTI. They won't be supporting him for every other thing, they have their differences, but they are still pro-PTI. But they don't use derogatory language against other political leaders. These people include 14 year olds, 22 year olds, and 40 year olds (the oldest member of the house at 75 is pro PML though :p)

Now for argument's sake, let's say that there are other families like this.

I would really love to know whether all of the PTI supporters abuse like this or only a few?

You need to understand that social media has become a monster, which neither Imran Khan, not Nawaz Sharif nor PTA can control. People can say whatever they like and nobody will question them. Such is the nature of Twitter.

Let's just carry on with it. Just ignore those abusers and think that those sorry people don't have the required intellect for pursuing a meaningful discussion. Those people don't have the mental ability to have a conclusive and clean debate. They are mentally handicapped. Uneducated, barbaric, illiterate.

Don't pay heed to them. Don't make them think that they are important just because they use derogatory words.

You getting my point?

Just opposing everything Imran Khan says or Nawaz Sharif says just for the sake of saying and just because you hate the other guy isn't gonna get you, me, PTI supporters, PML supporters anywhere.

Argue with logic and facts, not abusive terms.

Now you are getting somewhere.

Regardless of whether social media is a monster or is out of control, it reflects on those that try to represent it. Think of this forum, see what it represents in terms of our nation.. regardless of what we know to be true in our view or not. Should we then simply accept this narrative?

Should a certain poster in the PAF section who generally just posts nonsense be allowed to continue just because we cannot control what he represents in that thread for us??

Issuing a statement once is no effort at all. What is needed is distancing from such activities, actively condemning them.
By saying that I can think what I want and it wont make a difference you seem to belie your activism. Its like the Pakistani state telling the world that please ignore the Taliban and their ideologies..and their attacks.. they do not represent us.. and we have issued statements in the past condemning their terrorist acts but that is all we can do about it.

Regardless of what your family does, or what you do.. or what the supporters of PTI in my family do.. when a louder and more repetitive voice is representing your impression rather than you yourself.. then you have the imperative to at least protest and deplore it, rather than look the other way. This forum is a very example of it. At this point, I see so condemnation by you or anyone else of the party of the rather deplorable ideals and accusations presented in the OP's post by the twitter brigade.
How do I know then, that you do not agree with such ideals? Its not even beginners logic, its basic human behaviour.

If you cannot take action against a wrong, speak against it, if you cannot speak against it.. at least think it wrong.
But I dont know what you are thinking.. and especially with the responsibility we have here.. I know that your thinking it wrong is bound to be translated into actions. whether you do not for fear of offending your fellow supporters, or for not caring is not known to me; all I know is that it is not something I would condone.

not only imran khan ..everyone is abusing .. when they see that some people are ruling them .. they dnt have electricity, law and order situation is worse, graduates dnt have jobvs, people is hardly managing their living ...they get frustrated .. u can sit in a chawk people abuse their as well .. but as they dnt do it on twitter or facebook .. they dnt know abt it .. PTi is mostly conisit of crowd , which was never a part of electoral process.. abt after seeing that how many times they foooled the nation make them angry.. they ruled us 6 times ... and now their childern is coming ..People are slaves of bhutto and sharif familt .. r parents voted them, now u voted them , ur childern will vote for mariyan and hamza ... thats whats make us frustrated ... we abuse them .. people have to get their anger out one way or the other ...its better do it on twitter then like french revolation that we will cut their throats and burn their bodies
You guys should grow up because abusing and insulting those whom you dont agree with is not the solution of any problems you listed above. in fact it create more chaos and confusions. you guys should also land yourself in reality because imran don't has any Aladdin lamp to solve all problems in few days the way he claimed no corruption in 19 days and no terrorism in 90 days without having decision making abilities, proper future plans and realistic goals. PTI is party who lacks coordination within itself. You are happy to be slave of IK and object why others are slave of bhutoo/nawaz. If you have this democratic right to be obsessed with Ik/PTI then others also have same right to be with PML(N)/Nawaz or PPP..If you think nawaz is currupt then others also feel IK is too naive and emotional guy ..stop expecting from others to live and vote according to your wishes otherwise they get ready for your abuse lol

Then what is the education for? the knowledge for? the upbringing that comes with it via parents and teachers for?
When will that anger cross into beating women up(oops, happened already).. creaking a ruckus and blocking traffic(been there, done that).. Are you then suggesting that you have no issues mutilating PML(N) supporters, cutting up their children.. raping their women.. all due to your anger?

Apart from the usual family values of a particular "tabdeeli" party being reflected in the comments. By Islamic standards, a woman keeps her Maiden, family and surnames... But then again.. Tabdeeli is talking about incestuous relations as a past time rather than critical issues.

I wonder if IK, who has always bemoaned the petty people who targeted Jemima for her background would now happily his supporters stick to petty issues.

I believe you're over reaching and overplaying your hand here. IK has no control over petty people. Be they his supporters or Nooras. I have seen noora supporters blocking girls paths and demanding them to show their tits. No one puts the blame on Nooras for such supporters. So i believe you are mistaken.

:-)

I believe you're over reaching and overplaying your hand here. IK has no control over petty people. Be they his supporters or Nooras. I have seen noora supporters blocking girls paths and demanding them to show their tits. No one puts the blame on Nooras for such supporters. So i believe you are mistaken.

:-)
IK's control over petty people is never the question. It is the control over petty people that other members of his party have. And the very excuse that others do it too means that change is simply a false façade then. There is no change as long as you continue to hide behind the "they do it worse than us" excuse.

IK or Nawaz cant help if one of their party members pees on the portrait of their respective party nemesis.. but other supporters can condemn it and distance themselves publicly if they truly have ethical and moral honesty.

Now you are getting somewhere.

Regardless of whether social media is a monster or is out of control, it reflects on those that try to represent it. Think of this forum, see what it represents in terms of our nation.. regardless of what we know to be true in our view or not. Should we then simply accept this narrative?

Should a certain poster in the PAF section who generally just posts nonsense be allowed to continue just because we cannot control what he represents in that thread for us??

In this forum, we have the power to either delete that post or ban that user. No PTI member has control over twitter or other forms of media.

Issuing a statement once is no effort at all. What is needed is distancing from such activities, actively condemning them.
By saying that I can think what I want and it wont make a difference you seem to belie your activism. Its like the Pakistani state telling the world that please ignore the Taliban and their ideologies..and their attacks.. they do not represent us.. and we have issued statements in the past condemning their terrorist acts but that is all we can do about it.

Regardless of what your family does, or what you do.. or what the supporters of PTI in my family do.. when a louder and more repetitive voice is representing your impression rather than you yourself.. then you have the imperative to at least protest and deplore it, rather than look the other way. This forum is a very example of it. At this point, I see so condemnation by you or anyone else of the party of the rather deplorable ideals and accusations presented in the OP's post by the twitter brigade.
How do I know then, that you do not agree with such ideals? Its not even beginners logic, its basic human behaviour.

If you cannot take action against a wrong, speak against it, if you cannot speak against it.. at least think it wrong.
But I dont know what you are thinking.. and especially with the responsibility we have here.. I know that your thinking it wrong is bound to be translated into actions. whether you do not for fear of offending your fellow supporters, or for not caring is not known to me; all I know is that it is not something I would condone.

Quite frankly, I have grown tired of constantly telling another guy to be courteous. Repeated lectures many times have often gotten me nowhere. Bhains kay agay been bajana. So I don't usually bother.

I condone it, you condone it, Imran Khan condones it. But that doesn't mean we should just go around with a placard hanging by our necks saying 'We condone abuse'.

As I said before, what else can Imran Khan do?

Back
Top Bottom