What's new

MQM Sold theirselves again.

Ithink there are a lot of factors behind the so called revival of MQM. Its powerbase is educated lower middle class/middle class people, who are intensely nationalistic. I say this with the personal knowledge, as I have known Farooq sattar and Imran farooq since their student days. MQM has evolved and the fact that it got a kick up the back side in the local election certainly had something to do with it. Secondly, this time round there was no opposing political force to hamper MQMs plans for Karachis development, as I know for sure that both PPP and PML(N) have actively hampered MQM before by not releasing funds etc. Also there has been more money for development in any case,it has worked well for Karachi. Also by going national MQM has toned down the rhetoric a bit as well which I think is a very good step. They want their good work in Sindh to not be jeoperdised and want to extend a hand of friendship out to PPP for the further development of Karachi which i think is a good step. I only hope that peopel have learnt to live together and work together as progress will be good for all.
Araz

It was always both side hampring, take out MQM from the GOVT, then see the destruction of the samethings they developed. I mean theres no way a common man can get something out of this. You say whtever u want in the end 70% of the money goes to LONDON. Now you tell me in 8 Years what were the funds and what they did with those, you think these are enough developments?

Araz,

If Bhutto (DAD) would come back today, he would have all those executed who called him a saint or a shaheed---.

In my opinion Karachi was much better in Naimatullah Khan time. But again the thing is MQM ( some terrorists within the party ) they dont let anyone else do anything.

If you are not in govt you create problems, everyday strikes, everyday killing people, everyday closing businesses. So, i think you should cut down your bad
elements then come up to people and talk like you did something.

Making one park and one road in 8 years is not development in a city like Karachi. Yea you guys hype about it alot thats good for you, but whoever lived and living in Karachi knows how you guys are and what is your mandate in people.

And one more thing in the above post of mine check the numbers again 60,000 new people show up to vote, if that makes sense to you then bro no point of talking.

You are talking about NA 249 where Farooq Sattar got 73000 votes and PPP candidate Abdul Habib Memon got 61500 votes so these are false figures which you are giving also the turn out this time was lot higher than 2002 elections.

It is not just one park! Come to Karachi and see that the city is changed. Karachi now is not what it was way back in 2002. All the overhead bridges, under passes, Roads, sevarage lines, water lines etc.

I live in Karachi and I know that mandate is there, so appreciate the good work and one thing is true that credit goes to Naimatullah Khan to start the development but to say that Naimatullah khan did more work is wrong.

You are talking about NA 249 where Farooq Sattar got 73000 votes and PPP candidate Abdul Habib Memon got 61500 votes so these are false figures which you are giving also the turn out this time was lot higher than 2002 elections.

It is not just one park! Come to Karachi and see that the city is changed. Karachi now is not what it was way back in 2002. All the overhead bridges, under passes, Roads, sevarage lines, water lines etc.

I live in Karachi and I know that mandate is there, so appreciate the good work and one thing is true that credit goes to Naimatullah Khan to start the development but to say that Naimatullah khan did more work is wrong.

Its the one which result is challenged in the court, its farooq sattar or waseem akhter any of that.

I lived in Karachi too I know theres a mandate but that much as you guys portray it to be. But in the end its all about money for MQM, they blackmail the govt, as they say O racial discrimination this and that, Punjabis did that, they did this.

I have never seen a MEMON guy crying for racial discrimination, they run more businesses then any guy from MQM who only cry and just like to harass people.

Its the one which result is challenged in the court, its farooq sattar or waseem akhter any of that.

I lived in Karachi too I know theres a mandate but that much as you guys portray it to be. But in the end its all about money for MQM, they blackmail the govt, as they say O racial discrimination this and that, Punjabis did that, they did this.

I have never seen a MEMON guy crying for racial discrimination, they run more businesses then any guy from MQM who only cry and just like to harass people.

I appreciate the way MQM has changed its policy. Since now they are more for reconciliation and throwing back the confrontation policy which was dangerous for the country.

Generally there is no racial discrimination in Pakistan but in the past there were few events which caused that mindset. My point is only that if a rebel wants to join the mainstream this is the best thing which can happen.

LOL again what world you live in? Theres no way i mean no way that Chaudries and PPPP can unite. No matter what is on stake. Its like you are saying Sun rises from West.

Once upon a time.... the same was said for Nawaz and Benazir.... and they're hugging each other now! :cheesy:

I agree with Salman,

Karachi has really changed under the current city nazim Mustafa Kamal. And, i gve full credit to musharraf for changing MQM's attitute and the make-over. I see KHI today as well-built and modern as Singapore and better than malaysia. Yes, shortcomings in greenery and little neatness.

The city government is currently spending over Rs30 billion on 552 development projects which include construction of 12 flyovers and interchanges, 80 roads, five underpasses, rehabilitation of infrastructure in four industrial areas and other major schemes relating to water, sewerage, solid-waste management and storm-water drainage system.

Another Rs7.5billion was being incurred on 290 different uplift schemes under the Annual Development Programme.

Signal-free corridor from SITE to the airport, which would pass through Ibne Sina Road, Sir Shah Suleman Road, Stadium Road and Ibrahim Rahimtoola Road and Sharea Faisal, having four flyovers and three underpasses almost completed in the shortest possible time.

80 roads at a cost of Rs8.5 billion, have been re-built:
Clifton’s blocks 4 and 5, Manghopir Road (from Banaras to Pirabad), University Road (from Quaid’s mausoleum to Hassan Square), Lea Market Road (from Sheedi Village Road to Altaf Chowk), Keamari Town’s Road (Raees Goth, Hub Naddi to Maulana Mauladad Goth), M.A. Jinnah Road (from Marriot Road to Napier Road), Rashid Minhas Road (from Gulshan Chowrangi to Sohrab Goth), Mauripur Road (from Gulbai Railway crossing to PAF Masroor Base), Malir’s Kala Board to Saudabad Road, Allama Rasheed Turabi Road, Beach Park to Manzoor Colony’s Fire Station Road, Bantwa Nagar Road (from Sindhi Hotel to Bandhani Colony), New Karachi Road, all the surrounding roads of the city government’s secretariat, six internal roads of New Karachi, internal roads of North Karachi’s KBR Society, major and internal roads of Gulistan-i-Jauhar, Korangi 16000 Road, 10 roads of Surjani Town, Korangi’s 8000 Road (from Jam Sadiq Bridge to Dawood Chowrangi), roads in Buffer Zone, Gadap Road (from Thaddo dam to Razi Gondar Goth), Abu Zehbi to Kathore Hashim Goth Road, Mehmoodabad Road, 5000 Road (from Surjani to Nagan Chowrangi), Garden Road (from Manghopir’s Kandawala Building to Baraboard), Baraboard to University Road via Sindhi Hotel; widening and construction of road (from Ibrahim Haidery to Korangi Fish Harbour, Phase-II), Police Training Centre 13-D Road, Korangi’s 12000 Road (from Korangi crossing to Dawood Chowrangi), Nagan Chowrangi to 7000 Road (Godhra) and carpeting of North Karachi Town’s roads, Rashid Minhas Road (from Askari petrol pump to NIPA), Shahrah-i-Orangi (from Caltex petrol pump, Torri Bangash Road, Amrohovi Colony), Business Recorder Road (from Gurumandir to Nazimabad Chowrangi), Siddiq Wajab Road (from Mirza Adam Khan Road to G. Allana Road), a link road from Madina Road to Quaid’s mausoleum, Shahrah-i-Jehangir (from Five-Star traffic intersection to Landikotal Chowk), Metroville Site Road (from Frontier More to Shell pump), Baldia Town’s 5-B Road, Lyari’s Mirza Adam Khan Road (from Jameela street to Faqeer Mohammad Durra Khan Road), North Karachi’s roads 2000, 3000 and 4000, Lyari’s Tannery Road, Shah Abdul Latif Bhitai Road, Orangi’s road (from Boi Khan Hospital to Urdu Chowk), 6000, 13000, 15000 and 8000 roads of Landhi’s Sharafi Goth and Awan-i-Tijarat Road to I.I. Chundrigar Road

Karachi has really re-emerged and all major problems (except electricity) has been solved:

I have seen that all major inter colleges have increased their departments & new buildings being erected, premises extended.

36 model schools have beeb established, two in each town, at a cost of Rs400m.

18 inter colleges have been converted into 'English medium' colleges.

The CDGK has started rehabilitating infrastructure of all the four industrial zones of the city by initiating roads and streets’ construction work and laying water and sewerage lines at an estimated cost of Rs4.5b.

Fo the first time in history, a major pipeline for water has been laid in Lyari (PPP stronghold) and water problems ended.

For the first time in 50 years, 28 major water lines have been laid all over KHI.

For the first time in 50 years, all major sewerage lines have been changed, with broad & modern pipes.... in all major areas & major roads of KHI.

Inter-city bus terminus at Yousuf Goth in Baldia Town near the RCD Highway hasbeen constructed (which eliminated the traffic congestion). One one Deh Bhatti Aameri on the Super Highway and at Razzaqabad in Malir Town on the National Highway.

Many underpasses completed in record time! The length of Nazimabad underpass was 768 meters and its estimated cost was Rs360 million, while 667-meter-long Liaquatabad underpass would cost Rs350 million and 560-meter-long Gharibabad underpass was completed at a cost of Rs220 million. These are all 3 laned.

All major streets of KHI have been converted into 3 laned and every small ground (earlier used for trash & dumping) has been converted into small neighbourhood parks!

Never have we seen so much work in the last 4o years and above. For these simple reasons, I know many anti-MQM and Jamiats who voted for MQM this time, hence their vote bank. Below areas have vote registered avergae of 250,000 to above 350,000:

NA-240 67,800 votes
NA-242 147,000 votes
NA-243 167,000 votes
NA-244 147,000 votes
NA-245 149,000 votes
NA-246 186,000 votes
NA-247 168,000 votes
NA-249 103,800 votes
NA-250 53,000 votes
NA-251 83000 votes
NA-252 87,000 votes
NA-253 97,000 votes
NA-254 132,000 votes
NA-255 27,900 votes
NA-256 123,000 votes
NA-257 130,000 votes

Just for info:coffee: And, well for record - I personally despise Altaf, but i appreciate the work that has been done by Nazims of KHI and LHR. I appreciate the local govt system envisioned under Musharraf.

Once upon a time.... the same was said for Nawaz and Benazir.... and they're hugging each other now! :cheesy:

Chaudries willl never do that. That time they were in PML-N remember. PPPP dont even call them a party, and pppp is not stupid to go for them and loose their future.

Karachi has really re-emerged and all major problems (except electricity) has been solved:

I have seen that all major inter colleges have increased their departments & new buildings being erected, premises extended.

36 model schools have beeb established, two in each town, at a cost of Rs400m.

18 inter colleges have been converted into 'English medium' colleges.

The CDGK has started rehabilitating infrastructure of all the four industrial zones of the city by initiating roads and streets’ construction work and laying water and sewerage lines at an estimated cost of Rs4.5b.

Fo the first time in history, a major pipeline for water has been laid in Lyari (PPP stronghold) and water problems ended.

For the first time in 50 years, 28 major water lines have been laid all over KHI.

For the first time in 50 years, all major sewerage lines have been changed, with broad & modern pipes.... in all major areas & major roads of KHI.

Inter-city bus terminus at Yousuf Goth in Baldia Town near the RCD Highway hasbeen constructed (which eliminated the traffic congestion). One one Deh Bhatti Aameri on the Super Highway and at Razzaqabad in Malir Town on the National Highway.

Many underpasses completed in record time! The length of Nazimabad underpass was 768 meters and its estimated cost was Rs360 million, while 667-meter-long Liaquatabad underpass would cost Rs350 million and 560-meter-long Gharibabad underpass was completed at a cost of Rs220 million. These are all 3 laned.

All major streets of KHI have been converted into 3 laned and every small ground (earlier used for trash & dumping) has been converted into small neighbourhood parks!

Never have we seen so much work in the last 4o years and above. For these simple reasons, I know many anti-MQM and Jamiats who voted for MQM this time, hence their vote bank. Below areas have vote registered avergae of 250,000 to above 350,000:

NA-240 67,800 votes
NA-242 147,000 votes
NA-243 167,000 votes
NA-244 147,000 votes
NA-245 149,000 votes
NA-246 186,000 votes
NA-247 168,000 votes
NA-249 103,800 votes
NA-250 53,000 votes
NA-251 83000 votes
NA-252 87,000 votes
NA-253 97,000 votes
NA-254 132,000 votes
NA-255 27,900 votes
NA-256 123,000 votes
NA-257 130,000 votes

Just for info:coffee: And, well for record - I personally despise Altaf, but i appreciate the work that has been done by Nazims of KHI and LHR. I appreciate the local govt system envisioned under Musharraf.

LOL Its like Karachi na ho gaya New York CITY ban gaya :woot:

LOL listen you are from Karachi rite, then you must have known how MQM gets vote. If you dont then you are blind, and you dont live in Karachi.

And the amount of votes you are showing the the turn over was not much.

Rite now take out MQM from the Govt. and big govt seats. Do the free and fair elections. I can bet with anyone they will loose atleast 60 % of their seats. It is a fact its useless to argue with you cus you will never believe it. I would've too if i were still with MQM lol.

LOL Its like Karachi na ho gaya New York CITY ban gaya :woot:

LOL listen you are from Karachi rite, then you must have known how MQM gets vote. If you dont then you are blind, and you dont live in Karachi.

And the amount of votes you are showing the the turn over was not much.

Rite now take out MQM from the Govt. and big govt seats. Do the free and fair elections. I can bet with anyone they will loose atleast 60 % of their seats. It is a fact its useless to argue with you cus you will never believe it. I would've too if i were still with MQM lol.

Haha.... yes but you know American economy is in recession and our's is booming at 6.5%.... so we should be doing better than New York :azn:

I read in a US paper.... that the reconstruction activites in PAK's earthquake areas 'have put the US in shame over hurricane katrina victims' .....we have already built over 600,000 houses for the victims and they're not even 1/4th of this pace! Yesterday they were showing a documnetary on Al-Jazeerah.

I don't mean to contradict HOW people get votes..... but who doesn't in PAK? There were pics of Chaudhry Mukhtar rigging in Gujrat against Chaudhry Shujaat hussein and Fatima Bhutto has clearly shown proofs of Nisar Khuhro rigging in interior Sindh. And, there were also rigging in Lyari in PPP stronghold.

Who doesn't rig in PAK at tactical levels? See how the cases against Shahbaz were withdrawn, one week after the election results.... why not one week before the elctions?? If its not Ghoonda-gardi.... what else is?

But one thing I'll testify and accept.... I know many families & group of friends who went to vote for MQM becuz of their work in KHI.... many Imran followers, anti-MQM and Jamiats. By the way, turn-over was 45%.

regards!

Haha.... yes but you know American economy is in recession and our's is booming at 6.5%.... so we should be doing better than New York :azn:

I read in a US paper.... that the reconstruction activites in PAK's earthquake areas 'have put the US in shame over hurricane katrina victims' .....we have already built over 600,000 houses for the victims and they're not even 1/4th of this pace! Yesterday they were showing a documnetary on Al-Jazeerah.

I don't mean to contradict who people get votes..... but who doesn;t in PAK? There were pics of Chaudhry Mukhtar rigging in Gujrat against Chaudhry Shujaat hussein and Fatima Bhutto has clearly shown proofs of Nisar Khuhro rigging in interior Sindh. And, there were also rigging in Lyari in PPP stronghold.

Who doesn't rig in PAK at tactical levels?

But one thing I'll testify and accept.... I know many families & group of friends who went to vote for MQM becuz of their work in KHI.... many Imran followers, anti-MQM and Jamiats. By the way, turn-over was 45%.

regards!
LOL Bro dont worry about USA, and dont compare our country with any Developed country.

Liyari lol they are the ones who always kikc you guys out. But the thing is you accept and testify, but i know the names of the Karkuns in many units who did the rigging. Again theres no point of talking.

And read dont read too much USA newspapers they post what they dont see and they dont post what they see. Canadian papers too who called MQM the terrorists organization.

And earthquake is a different thing stop comparing with USA.

LOL Bro dont worry about USA, and dont compare our country with any Developed country.

Liyari lol they are the ones who always kikc you guys out. But the thing is you accept and testify, but i know the names of the Karkuns in many units who did the rigging. Again theres no point of talking.

And read dont read too much USA newspapers they post what they dont see and they dont post what they see. Canadian papers too who called MQM the terrorists organization.

And earthquake is a different thing stop comparing with USA.

Liyari always kick MQM out its ok, if an MQM voter kicks other party out than its rigging.

What would u call it?

This is double standard.

After reading many posts on this thread; think there is a need to repeat my views.

Whether you like it or not, MQM is a political force in the unrban Sindh and to deny this fact is being an ostrich who buries her head in the sand when a storm approaches.

MQM is the 4th largest party ( after PPP nad the two ML's) in the NA and their vote matters. In the spirit of democracy, one must listen to the second largest party in Sindh.

I personally dont like MQM as they are a bunch of thugs but I would prefer them any day to MMA or JI; mainly because MQM is a secular party and I believe that most parties forming MMA have a pan Islamic agenda and care nothing about Pakistan; a country I hold very dear.

Araz,

If Bhutto (DAD) would come back today, he would have all those executed who called him a saint or a shaheed---.

Absolutely.The very people calling him Shaheed have their hands dirty with his bloood. However, I do think that Bhutto really was not a saint. I had a lot of problems with the mans attitude towards other human beings.But that is another story saved for another day.
WaSalam

Araz

Back
Top Bottom