Country
Pakistan
In a first, MQM-Pakistan wants Altaf to be tried for high treason
By Hafeez Tunio
Published: September 21, 2016
19SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL

A file photo of MQM founder Altaf Hussain

KARACHI: In a surprising move, the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM)-Pakistan on Wednesday demanded the initiation of treason proceedings against party supremo Altaf Hussain in the Sindh Assembly.

The party’s lawmakers reportedly termed Hussain a traitor.

Two resolutions condemning Hussain’s anti-Pakistan remarks were passed in the House. According to the text of one of the resolutions, the house “rejects the hateful speech by the MQM’s founder against the state, resulting in an attack on media houses, and demands proceedings against Altaf Hussain under Article 6 of the Constitution.

MQM-Pakistan disowns Nadeem Nusrat, others

The first resolution was moved by MQM parliamentary leader Syed Sardar Ahmed against Hussain. Later, PTI’s Khurram Sher Zaman, PML-F’s Nusrat Sehar Abbasi, PPP’s Khairunisa Mahgul and PML-N’s Sorath Thebo presented another resolution.

Meanwhile, speaking on the floor of the house, MQM leader Rauf Siddiqui said he was extremely saddened to hear anti-Pakistan chants from a person he loved the most.”

“There is no way we can allow any harm to be done to Pakistan or Islam,” Siddiqui said. He said that resorting to such an act was unpardonable.

Further, MQM’s Faisal Sabzwari said the party was bound to serve the country and its people. “It was an extremely hard decision to part ways with that man [Altaf Hussain] but the party did it,” he said adding “there is a need to heal our wounds and consider us patriots just like anyone else.”

Addressing the lawmakers, Khawaja Izharul Hasan said that the MQM was ready to be at the forefront against all anti-state foreign agencies including Indian spy agency RAW

The once powerful MQM chief had delivered a provocative anti-state speech on August 22. The address was criticised nationwide. Hussain had also incited party workers to attack media houses over the course of his speech.

NA approves resolution against Altaf Hussain

The resolution came a day after the party distanced itself from all members opposing the exclusion of Hussain from the party. The individuals were also removed from the Rabita Committee. Nadeem Nusrat, Mustafa Azizabadi, Wasay Jalil and Qasim Ali Raza were among those expelled.

See, that's what we were talking. Altaf is more of a sacrificial goat for survival of these thugs. Master would love to have a pawn and hired gun and has no concern with any specific name so if such Sacrificial of Altaf can save the terrorists, it is still a worth bet to serve the purpose.

Yeh Sabit krna chah rhy hain k Inka koi Link nahi hai Altaf bhai k sath warna awam ne inko chorna nahi hai

ye sare mil k humko.png

altaf thinks he's invincible and can say anything he wants,He should be tried not just for treason but his ego must be shattered.

like PSP mustafa kamal said this is topi drama.

no one has come out and spoken about the bad things Altaf did.

if MQM is actually a new MQM then expose altaf. don't try to fool the people. come on record say that altaf did baldia fire 12th may and did timber market fire hakeem saeed killing.

topi drama nothing else

I knew it that's it not all about AH your hate reason is different or let me know what Karachiets aka Muhajirs would do so you satisfy and give them a certificate of patroism? To change loyalty to PSP? Get dry cleaned and become saints?

He was a interior minister in a military govt Does this logic applies to every one or his group of people only
He is under trial in ATC like Imran, Qadri, Nawaz brothers and countless other so if he is terrorist than all above I mentioned.

Max MQM could do .. now let the mayor serve his people !

Karachi must have a mayor!

but waseem akhtar??? like seriously i have my reservations about him. i think faisal sabzwari would actually work.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom