What's new

MOVED: Dhaka the most hipster like city in South Asia AND other hipster cities of South Asia.

AbidM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Of all cities in the indian subcontinent, dhaka is probably the most hipster-ish, it was home artisans, craftsman, entertainers and musicians alike, and Still is, the city is a hub of culture and festivity and I just wanted to show you. In fact our artisans and musicians are revered, Jamadi Muslin found itself to UNESCO as a Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity and Baul was included in the list of "Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity" by UNESCO

Dhaka city, largest Alpona (Hand Painting) in the world for the Bengali new year.
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Holi in Dhaka
13312429854_08d062059c_b.jpg

14147946292_a6c721d64a_b.jpg

Rickshaw wallas and their Rickshaws
14333504053_99c369d440_b.jpg

8648242792_10a1493159_o.jpg

Bauls in Dhaka.
4190378274_c0b2e8bf83_z.jpg

7183489000_4e33f50dcb_o.jpg

Jamadi Muslin
3396121176_e55d1d1cda_b.jpg

5679349389_7f4d7f1b7c_b.jpg

Do you guys think so?

Last edited:
I "wished" Dhaka was like this. Ive never seen a road that empty there in my life. Or maybe they can sense me arriving and send everyone living in Bangladesh to descend upon the airport.

I "wished" Dhaka was like this. Ive never seen a road that empty there in my life. Or maybe they can sense me arriving and send everyone living in Bangladesh to descend upon the airport.

Visit Dhaka when there is a strike or Eid :D

well look cool but calling it most hipster is not fair there are many other cities

Same, I believe the problem here is the rise in middle class, with the rise, more and more are purchasing cars cause they can. However I'm positive that in a few years time when the elevated expressway and metros are completed, we will see less cars.

English would be nice language to communicate with too ;)

have you seen lahore? you should see lahore. though it would've been better if you posted some more daily-life photos of dhaka because anyone can take select few pictures with eye candy camera settings of completely average cities and make them look beautiful.

have you seen lahore? you should see lahore. though it would've been better if you posted some more daily-life photos of dhaka because anyone can take select few pictures with eye candy camera settings of completely average cities and make them look beautiful.

It's all love here, you can post photos of Lahore if you wish, so than everyone can see the hip lahore. I'll change the title for you to Hipster cities of south asia and it can become a universal thread. :D

Have you seen Mumbai,Delhi,Bangalore,Hyderabad,Pune,Lucknow,Ahmedabad,Indore,Kolkata,Guwahati,Bhubaneswar,Kochi,Trivramdrum,Portblair.

Have you seen Mumbai,Delhi,Bangalore,Hyderabad,Pune,Lucknow,Ahmedabad,Indore,Kolkata,Guwahati,Bhubaneswar,Kochi,Trivramdrum,Portblair.

Yes... If you want, you are more than welcome to post Hipster ish photos of these cities too, in fact I encourage it!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom