What's new

Most Improved Performance Award for PIA! A good News

Danish saleem

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Brothers and Sisters,

A Good news came, which i would like to share on this platform.

KARACHI: The PIA has been given the `Most Improved Performance Award by Dubai Airport Authorities' at a recently held ceremony for showing remarkable improvement in its on-time performance in 2015.

This was stated by the spokesman of the national flag carrier in a statement issued here on Thursday.

In addition, the Qatar Airways was awarded Gold Award; Gulf Air Silver Award and Jazeera Airways, Bronze Award, it was further stated.

These airlines were chosen from among 88 airlines operating from the Terminal 1 of Dubai International Airport with over 2,000 movements having excelled in their on-time performance during 2015, the spokesman said.

Khalil Lamrabet Director of Aviation Business Development and Performance Appraisal, Dubai Airport Authorities, was the chief guest on the occasion.

The award was received by PIA's Station Manager at Dubai International Airport, Manzoor Hussain Jr., the spokesman added.

Source :http://www.brecorder.com/pakistan/i...most-improved-performance-award-for-2015.html

huhh... lets show us some quality service with quality catering and nice and gentle crew...!

lmao, this is what Pakistani people care about...give us good service and good food, most commonly heard comments from Pakistanis when when using PIA, "Yar service achi ne thi", coming from a nation who believes on highest in quality and service...For most people outside Pakistan the service quality of an airline is "getting them from point A to point B" in time. I have always traveled by PIA and never regretted it, yes planes are old, food menu has not changed in 25 years of my travel but quality isn't bad and I only get to eat that food once every 2 years, my plane was never late and always arrived at destination before time, flight crew is very respectful and allows you to get drinks/tea/coffee anytime you wish, I can even walk into the kitchen and get whatever is there no one ever stopped me. why bad mouth what is yours for no reason?

lmao, this is what Pakistani people care about...give us good service and good food, most commonly heard comments from Pakistanis when when using PIA, "Yar service achi ne thi", coming from a nation who believes on highest in quality and service...For most people outside Pakistan the service quality of an airline is "getting them from point A to point B" in time. I have always traveled by PIA and never regretted it, yes planes are old, food menu has not changed in 25 years of my travel but quality isn't bad and I only get to eat that food once every 2 years, my plane was never late and always arrived at destination before time, flight crew is very respectful and allows you to get drinks/tea/coffee anytime you wish, I can even walk into the kitchen and get whatever is there no one ever stopped me. why bad mouth what is yours for no reason?
there is difference between bad mouthing and identifying shortfalls...
Good isn't enough till you are best while tbh we(PIA) are barely good..
If all was that good then Nawaz wouldn't have to get all those jiyalas out of PIA as he got into government.. and it just(maybe) came out of loss... There is nothing good till it is earning and here we are talking about the king and the parent airlines of Emirates.. So we are way wayyyy behind!

there is difference between bad mouthing and identifying shortfalls...
Good isn't enough till you are best while tbh we(PIA) are barely good..
If all was that good then Nawaz wouldn't have to get all those jiyalas out of PIA as he got into government.. and it just(maybe) came out of loss... There is nothing good till it is earning and here we are talking about the king and the parent airlines of Emirates.. So we are way wayyyy behind!

I thought you were talking about in cabin service and food but now you expended your complaint list

For most people outside Pakistan the service quality of an airline is "getting them from point A to point B" in time.
Most people will ask for good cabin service even outside Pakistan (especially for long-haul flights)!

my plane was never late and always arrived at destination before time, flight crew is very respectful and allows you to get drinks/tea/coffee anytime you wish, I can even walk into the kitchen and get whatever is there no one ever stopped me.
This would be true for almost any airline where the crew would be respectful and offer drinks (without asking) and don't stop one going to the kitchen etc. Furthermore they also offer much cheaper tickets.
I find Qatar by far the best airline and followed by Emirates, Etihad etc.. Times have changed and PIA did not evolve with time and didn't keep up with the trends. PIA inflight food is not the best and can be improved greatly and other services also need improvement.

I thought you were talking about in cabin service and food but now you expended your complaint list
those were just starters.. :rofl:
i.e there was a time when PIA used to earn alot from its workshops and many airlines used to send their airplanes here to repair... but now PIA can't even take care of its own fleet.. hope you got my point!

those were just starters.. :rofl:
i.e there was a time when PIA used to earn alot from its workshops and many airlines used to send their airplanes here to repair... but now PIA can't even take care of its own fleet.. hope you got my point!

What other govt institute has improved in last 10 years?, name one?
Its not fault of PIA when your elected govt recruits their supporter in 10s of 1000s so the budget goes to paying their salaries nothing left to invest on anything else...hope you got my point

Most people will ask for good cabin service even outside Pakistan (especially for long-haul flights)!

and that is what i dont get, what is considered "a good service"
I have traveled a lot in north America because of my job and never found one Gora complaining about in flight service, From NY to California is a 6 hours flight i am sure you will consider is a long-haul and you are only served one pack of peanuts with orange juice.

No matter what standard PIA posses these days, i still prefer to travel by PIA, its our own airline and our money should go back to our country rather than to some arab looser.

Brothers,

at least PIA getting better its important!
we may differ with Khawaja saad rafique, but Railways also doing well, in last few years.

No matter what standard PIA posses these days, i still prefer to travel by PIA, its our own airline and our money should go back to our country rather than to some arab looser.

I will add although they dont deserve it (thats includes the entire Pakistan) but still we do our part.

Back
Top Bottom