007YYDuply1h2cs4imn5pj30zg1baqei.jpg
0029D7FZly1gsnkphg6q7j61900u0dkl02.jpg
70cefc79ly1g8osnd9s22j20u014011o.jpg
77defde9ly1g9psmu9u09j21hc0qo1kx.jpg
84fbcae0ly1ggz65zp1ofj20u0140h0u.jpg
93d0be68ly1h1zn5yyzdfj21900u04da.jpg
93d0be68ly1h1zn602crzj218f0u0h1k.jpg
94371f13ly1g9q6g4pri3j20w70ldgt2.jpg

lol an Indian saying Chinese cities smell. Now that's comedy.

Every person I've ever met who's been to India says one thing they all agree. Once you leave the airport, your nostrils will be assaulted by the worst pungency you have ever experienced. Look it up if you don't believe. Every single traveler to India.

Plus the most polluted cities in the world are all Indian. Line up the top 100 and see how many are in India and the total parts per million of particulate matter count as well. India more polluted than the next three most polluted countries combined. And yet they haven't even got 20% of China's heavy industries or power production and consumption.

Desert is a treasure, which locals make a lot of money from. For people from east China who had never seen a desert, they are willing to pay big bucks to experience real deserts

Desert tourism is becoming increasingly popular in China, many Hotan locals choose to have their wedding in the desert. Hotan town is surrounded by the desert, it's within a stone throw to have a desert party and come back to the town.

don't understand how bhakts pollute their cities without making anything

A lot of the bottom 60% of Indians burn trash for warmth during winters. Most of the contribution to particulate matter in India is from burning trash rather than industries.

Top 40% of Indians are considerably wealthier than the bottom 60%. If the top 40% only spared a fraction of their available wealth in a suitable way as in mostly taken from top 1% or so then there's far less need for so many other Indians to require burning waste to stay warm through winter. But this is their choice and they have every right to self determination and how to run their country just like they have not right to say how Chinese should run China.

There should be a ghar wapsi mechanism for all the particles sent by the neighbor

Hotan's air is bad but it is not due to industrial pollution, the city doesn' t have any industries at all, but the city is in The Taklamakan desert and has sandstorms almost everyday, you go out for ten minutes and you will be covered with a thin layer of sand. there's nothing people can do unless we kill this desert.

Hotan

at 4:50 i guess i found out the real reason why the air polluted there . :p::p:

A lot of the bottom 60% of Indians burn trash for warmth during winters. Most of the contribution to particulate matter in India is from burning trash rather than industries.

Top 40% of Indians are considerably wealthier than the bottom 60%. If the top 40% only spared a fraction of their available wealth in a suitable way as in mostly taken from top 1% or so then there's far less need for so many other Indians to require burning waste to stay warm through winter. But this is their choice and they have every right to self determination and how to run their country just like they have not right to say how Chinese should run China.
Places India smells bad not due to trash or pollution but fortheir body odor. I had a south indian housemate during college, nice person but man his room stinked so bad if the door was open you cant go near. Same with a female. Do not know why, maybe they use perfume of stink

Places India smells bad not due to trash or pollution but fortheir body odor. I had a south indian housemate during college, nice person but man his room stinked so bad if the door was open you cant go near. Same with a female. Do not know why, maybe they use perfume of stink

I think what you are describing is odor from curry powder. I guess that is a preference. Some people really like curry. I know many landlords actually reject Indians for thinking they will be cooking curries and getting smell onto furniture or walls. Asian cuisines often require a lot of more intensive cooking than caucasian food with simple sandwishes or methods that don't produce the same strong smells as Asian cuisines.

As for pollution, it is not due to curry or cooking but high numbers of particulate within certain size ranges are contributed by trash burning more than industry. That's how these pollution data are collected and measured anyway. China's heavy industry cities also do very poorly but over time have improved a lot due to adopting new technologies and getting rid of older power stations or factories and replacing with newer ones. Obviously not overnight but a good progress. Twenty years ago Chinese cities would have been topping the top 30 in most polluted along with Indian ones. Even ten years ago would have plenty.

Chinese don't have strong sweat glands and body hair, so BO is very rare, deodorant is unheard among the Chinese people.

Nice, looks very pretty, than Hotan place/city.

Is that the whole city or just a neighborhood/tourist area ?

@beijingwalker

Back
Top Bottom