What's new

Mosques declared terrorism organisations by NYPD: Report

The problem is not monitoring some mosques, the problem is a blanket coverage. If it were a few, I'd be more understanding, but t's not.

And what I really meant was: You're repeating yourself and not addressing my points properly.

I respect your knowledge when it comes to military matters, but when it comes to politics and social issues, you're in way over your head.
When you put someone under surveillance, you FIRST look for pattern of behaviors, before you try to prevent a crime. We cannot identify a pattern of particular behaviors by a few mosques unless we put enough of mosques and enclaves of Muslims under surveillance. It is an uncomfortable truth and practice by governments the world over and even the US is not immune from this 'police state' tactic of keeping the peace.

The uncomfortable logic here is that no one does this without reason and/or just cause. Or at least in their minds, the belief that the tactic is under a just cause. You cannot deny the uncomfortable reality that mosques are/were being used in and outside of the US for extremist Islamic beliefs.

When you put someone under surveillance, you FIRST look for pattern of behaviors, before you try to prevent a crime. We cannot identify a pattern of particular behaviors by a few mosques unless we put enough of mosques and enclaves of Muslims under surveillance. It is an uncomfortable truth and practice by governments the world over and even the US is not immune from this 'police state' tactic of keeping the peace.

The uncomfortable logic here is that no one does this without reason and/or just cause. Or at least in their minds, the belief that the tactic is under a just cause. You cannot deny the uncomfortable reality that mosques are/were being used in and outside of the US for extremist Islamic beliefs.

A major flaw with your argument, they already have the documents that show the patterns, as they've had them for a long time now. Continuing this blanket coverage is foolish, and nothing more.

The fact is that you're so called "uncomfortable logic" isn't logical at all.

As for the "police state" being a tactic, the fact you even called such a thing a "tactic" proves my points. Stick to military matters, enough said.

Back
Top Bottom