What's new

Mosques declared terrorism organisations by NYPD: Report

I hear a lot of young Muslim kids some of whom are friends talking in a suspicious manner. I just cant explain it. Like they're getting so into the religion all of a sudden and talking all this stuff.. Idk.

I think some of them are getting into this Wahabi ****, honestly.

I hear a lot of young Muslim kids some of whom are friends talking in a suspicious manner. I just cant explain it. Like they're getting so into the religion all of a sudden and talking all this stuff.. Idk.

I think some of them are getting into this Wahabi ****, honestly.

UK and to an extent Europe is worst hit by Islamic fundamentalism more than US. But such actions by US will likely prevent it from becoming an ugly cesspool of Muslim radicalization like its European counterparts who let the rot fester unchecked and are now paying for the leniency given under so called freedom of speech and practise and political correctness. If Europe had been proactive as well then they would have prevented the festering too.

What the Us is doing is preventing the cr@p from hitting the fan in the future when they are at a considerable risk because of a huge Muslim population and a free society.

More such strigent steps need to taken by high risk countries with considerable Muslim populations to prevent radicalization and keep it under check because radicalization is bound to happen as it is embedded in their religion and way of life.

Your hatred shows through in this comment, because all you're doing is repeating yourself instead of actually addressing my points properly, not to mention misrepresent facts and present your own views as indisputable.

Yeah, I'm done here.
What you really mean is: agreeing with you.

It ain't gonna happen. When some of the Christian churches were being used by white supremacists to recruit, the FBI stepped in. Even Mitt Romney was accused of being in a white supremacist church. I do not see the Muslims made much noise then.

lol y are u so worked up eh? its fr ur own safety as if there havent been any instances of TERRORISTS hiding in ur religious places before? and dont worry abt m6 family, u should be more worried abt ur family being blown into bits and pieces. so my advice is tht u n ur family wear bullet proof jackets and roam around in bomb proof vehicles (if u could afford so) :coffee:

well I was a bit rude I should be sorry for that……
well neither me nor anyone from my family (spread across Multan,Lahore,Karachi and many places) had seen any bomb blast in their lifes Alhamdulillah……
well bro I got abgry because you were blamming and insulting all muslims coz of some Munafiqs using mosques as same heavens……
and you should know there isn't even place for that mosque on this land which is being used as safe heaven for such activities……
e.g Our Propher(P.B.U.H) ordered to destroyed Masjid e Zarrar which was place for munafiqs(those who pretend to be muslims but their activities arenot according to Islam).
btw you should be a bit more careful while discussing such topics.
maybe forst should do some research. :coffee:

What you really mean is: agreeing with you.

It ain't gonna happen. When some of the Christian churches were being used by white supremacists to recruit, the FBI stepped in. Even Mitt Romney was accused of being in a white supremacist church. I do not see the Muslims made much noise then.

The problem is not monitoring some mosques, the problem is a blanket coverage. If it were a few, I'd be more understanding, but t's not.

And what I really meant was: You're repeating yourself and not addressing my points properly.

I respect your knowledge when it comes to military matters, but when it comes to politics and social issues, you're in way over your head.

Imagine if we declare the Pakistani church as a terrorist organization. That will be 'religious intolerance' - straight up wouldn't it?

I think some Sunni mosques in Pakistan need to be declared as terrorist organization due to their hateful sermons and breeding terrorists who become suicide bombers and attack non-sunnis.

The reality isnt much different anyway...double face of USA..supporting islamic terrorism in Syria but hunting the same in USA!

I am confused.

Which terrorists in Syria is USA supporting?

Hezbollah or Al Qaeda?

I think some Sunni mosques in Pakistan need to be declared as terrorist organization due to their hateful sermons and breeding terrorists who become suicide bombers and attack non-sunnis.

I think you are 'high'.

Mosques are just concrete structures, actions should be taken against individuals. Is it hard to comprehend?

But not without reasons and just cause.

If someone stalks me, he does not do it without a reason and perhaps even in his mind a just cause. A would be rapist stalks a woman for what? A delightful conversation over coffee and pastries? A would be burglar stalks a target for what? How about to know the victim's daily travel pattern?

I said it before and will say it again: That we do not live our lives in an intellectual and moral vacuum and that everything we do, including biological responses, must have a reason/cause/motivation.

So would a convicted rapist who registered as a sex offender consent to his surveillance?

Like it or not, even though no one sane believes that all Muslims are terrorists, the same sane people have would have no problems placing a demographic under suspicion and what is the reason for Americans, particularly N'Yorkers, to be suspicious of mosques?

When the American government criticizes another government, we do not rally American citizens to a mob, burn that country's flag, calls out 'Death to...', and all the while other people in the background chants 'Jesus Is Great'.

Do not dare to tell US that somehow we, in N'York, is unique in this. Christians who were/are persecuted in Muslim countries are always under observation, overt and covert, by ordinary and regular Muslims and/or by the Muslim government, and that explains a lot on how many Christian houses burned, Christians assaulted or even worse.

Inshallah and Allahu Akbar.

Excellent point.

Its always these Muslim and Arab countries which are burning American flags and effigies and yelling death to America and then these same Muslim and Arab countries wonder why they have such a bad image in America.

I think you are 'high'.

Mosques are just concrete structures, actions should be taken against individuals. Is it hard to comprehend?

I think you are high if you think I thought that we should take action against a Concrete structure.

When I mean Mosque, I don't mean the concrete structure. I mean the people who run the mosque, finance its operations, the people who preach and anyone associated with the mosque.

I think you are high if you think I thought that we should take action against a Concrete structure.

When I mean Mosque, I don't mean the concrete structure. I mean the people who run the mosque, finance its operations, the people who preach and anyone associated with the mosque.

Thats because you are confusing the way mosques and churches function. Mosques imam can be fired at any given time and replaced with little problem. There is no hierarchical structure present in this case, unlike the church where its matter of organized appointments.

Authorities can surgically remove the bad apples from Mosques quicker than Churches.

Well thats your religion your mosque, and you will get offended and find wrong.
They do not sit and wait until some thing like boston marathon happens again.

Thank you buddy for only reinforcing the stereotypes rather than presenting any proofs :)

The problem is not whether people like me love our religion and mosques but rather its people who induce stereotypes and incorrect information about them.

Indians will know from experience if Mosques are used as terrorist sabctuaries and of course many Pakistanis will deny that the Lal Masjod and Jamia Hafsa were not just terrorist sanctuaries but training grounds.

It's really up to Muslims to decide whether Masajid are houses of God or sanctuaries for terrorists but more importantly whether terrorists can be Muslims - in the absence of this kind of debate and decision the NYPD and other LEA must protect citizens, something of course Pakistanis are not generally familiar with, after all not just police or politicians, even the Pakistani armed forces refuse to defend citizens.

That part in bold, do you think the NYPD is right in not holding such debates and taking a general, but positive, stand on the Mosques? I would say it is incompetency that is almost criminal, and could have serious repercussions.

That is the US, one of the first and few countries that are so well organized that everyone's footsteps can be traced. While it is true that the terrorists will use the name of Islam to invite the help and support of the general Muslim population, the NYPD can differentiate between those with militant tendencies, and those who consider themselves loyal to humanity and to the nation.

The perception of Indians condemning such a covert move by the NYPD is that while a criminal may go free, no innocent shall be punished.

There is an example from India that could help this discussion, and your take on the issue - The raid on Golden Temple in Amritsar (Op Bluestar). It was not only frequented by those who wanted to harm the nation, but had in effect become the headquarters of the same, housing militants en masse.

Yet, the Gurudwar could never be termed a terrorist organization, because it was not. The outcome was very bitter and somewhat counterproductive, but still no Gurudwar could ever be treated as something that would ever support any terrorist.

And we all know how organized India is in comparison to the US.

The media reports are misleading - not all mosques in NY were/are being designated as Terrorist Enterprises if one read the news in different media sites carefully. Only Huffington Post got it right when it said some mosques were designated Terrorist Enterprises.

The news clearly states that surveillance of the Mosques are protected by the first amendment and the laws were formulated to protect from these kinds of surveillance in 1971 under what is called Handschu laws. These laws were rewritten by a federal judge in 2003 which would mean any mosque can be designated as a terrorist enterprise and Terrorist Enterprise Investigations(TEI) can be opened.

NYPD between 9/11 and now has opened some dozen TEIs. Unless there are only dozen mosques in NY city, it does not mean all mosques were designated Terrorist Enterprises.

Having stated that, my question back to the members here - How would the security agencies prevent a religious place from being misused?

Having stated that, my question back to the members here - How would the security agencies prevent a religious place from being misused?

If misused then the people using the place will be targeted and not the religious place I guess.

Back
Top Bottom