What's new

Morocco's Bollywood dream and obsession

The more they know of it. the more they will show up.

Its all going according to the Plaaaan

pakis are obsessed themselves so what difference does it make?
They were in the past however with arrival of Mr Modi and his anti Pakistan stance Pakistani artists have been banned in India and Bollywood's campaign to attack Pakistan with continuouse bogus films depicting Pakistan as an evil terrorist nation has negatively impacted Pakistanis love affair with Bollywood.
Pakistanis have engaged with their own family based dramas but recently the Turkish epic drama have completely shifted Pakistanis attention.
So today Pakis are not over obsessed as Arabs and North African are that's the difference!

Bollywood has put Indian culture firmly in the hearts and minds of Moroccans. Perhaps this explains as to when my family travelled their for a holiday Moroccans knew very little about Pakistan and everything about India.
bollywood portrays indians as friendly and peaceful,wait till the reality of india hits these habibis.

Bollywood is a powerful entity which has been able to influence the Arab and north African world. Pakistan should have done much more to forge closer ties with these nations in regards to culture, food, language and tourism. I suppose it's too little too late.

The sad reality is today Moroccans and other Arabs are exposed to watching exaggerated Bollywood war films depicting defeat of Pakistan and Pakistan as an evil terrorist nation. No doubt this will negatively influence their thoughts regarding the 'brotherly' country Pakistan.

Bollywood has put Indian culture firmly in the hearts and minds of Moroccans. Perhaps this explains as to when my family travelled their for a holiday Moroccans knew very little about Pakistan and everything about India.

The blind, the ignorant and the dumb usually get drawn to filth. Some Pakistanis also are part of this category. Follow filth like hollywood and bollywood, then you got nobody to blame but yourself.

Ignorance .... takes zero effort to have, makes absolutely no sense and you pay the heaviest cost, without even an realizing it.

The blind, the ignorant and the dumb usually get drawn to filth. Some Pakistanis also are part of this category. Follow filth like hollywood and bollywood, then you got nobody to blame but yourself.

Ignorance .... takes zero effort to have, makes absolutely no sense and you pay the heaviest cost, without even an realizing it.
Pakistanis were obsessed with Bollywood a decade ago and certainly in the 90s but attitudes did change since Bollywood adopted the Hollywood model of vilifying the entire nation of Pakistan as terrorists. Nonetheless there are still groups of die hard Bollywood fans in Pakistan waiting for their opportunity to clean sweep the Mumbai studios.

Pakistanis were obsessed with Bollywood a decade ago and certainly in the 90s but attitudes did change since Bollywood adopted the Hollywood model of vilifying the entire nation of Pakistan as terrorists. Nonetheless there are still groups of die hard Bollywood fans in Pakistan waiting for their opportunity to clean sweep the Mumbai studios.

It's these "Die Hard bollywood Pakistani fans" that make up the liberal, middle class, enlightened majority. A Jahil, is and will always be a Jahil, even if they get degrees from Oxford, Harvard, Cambridge or Yale. And majority Pakistanis follow these enlightened Jahils, to emulate them.

Bollywood is a powerful entity which has been able to influence the Arab and north African world. Pakistan should have done much more to forge closer ties with these nations in regards to culture, food, language and tourism. I suppose it's too little too late.

The sad reality is today Moroccans and other Arabs are exposed to watching exaggerated Bollywood war films depicting defeat of Pakistan and Pakistan as an evil terrorist nation. No doubt this will negatively influence their thoughts regarding the 'brotherly' country Pakistan.

Their governments also support such propaganda as they view Pakistan as a rival Muslim nation. Ideology of Iran and many Arab regimes is hostile to Muslim neighbors and friendly to their Non-Muslim enemies.

I once met an Egyptian who was learning Hindi from the Indian consulate in Egypt. Ofcourse he was filled with all sorts of venom against Pakistan, however alhamdulilah I was able to convince him as to the reality of Indians.

PTV should sell some of our classic dramas.. they would be a bigger hit than this bolliwood dream.

Their governments also support such propaganda as they view Pakistan as a rival Muslim nation. Ideology of Iran and many Arab regimes is hostile to Muslim neighbors and friendly to their Non-Muslim enemies.

I once met an Egyptian who was learning Hindi from the Indian consulate in Egypt. Ofcourse he was filled with all sorts of venom against Pakistan, however alhamdulilah I was able to convince him as to the reality of Indians.
I've met Somalis who are Bollywood fans and able to sing Hindi songs.

Back
Top Bottom