What's new

Morocco is interested in the F-15 air superiority fighter

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
المغرب مهتم بمقاتلة التفوق الجوي الفائقة إف-15

The French Chief of Defense Staff offered Rafale, but Morocco is showing great interest in the US F-15.

The Spanish newspaper Defensa reported that Morocco is showing great interest in the US F-15 air superiority fighter, despite a tempting offer from France to buy Rafale fighters.

🔹Caza Bimotor: Marruecos planea adquirir en esta década un caza Bimotor.
El Jefe de Estado Mayor de Defensa francés ofreció el Rafale, pero a Marruecos estaría más interesado en el F15 estadounidense. pic.twitter.com/5nJyQwXv9a
— Moorish Movement ES ۞ (@MoorishMovES) July 27, 2021

The French Chief of Defense Staff offered Rafale, but Morocco is showing great interest in the US F-15.

The Spanish newspaper Defensa reported that Morocco is showing great interest in the US F-15 air superiority fighter, despite a tempting offer from France to buy Rafale fighters.
Using funds from the Gulf states who aim at destabilizing North Africa, Morocco arms itself to the teeth, but will it ever catch up with its Archenemy Algeria ?

Using funds from the Gulf states who aim at destabilizing North Africa, Morocco arms itself to the teeth, but will it ever catch up with its Archenemy Algeria ?
I think Morocco is even with Algeria when it comes to weapons but fall short in numbers, am I right?

I think Morocco is even with Algeria when it comes to weapons but fall short in numbers, am I right?
The Moroccan soldier fights to protect the King and his entourage. The Algerian army are the descendants of warriors who freed Algeria from Imperial France. Combat spirit and killing instinct. Forget wars, See it only when the Algerian football team plays. No Arab team can emulate it.

Moroccans are already in que to get the Block 70's & upgrading a couple of dozen of their current F-16's.

They just placed an order for the Patriot Missile System.

...and now talks 'bout bigger and deadlier F-15.

Pretty impressive.

What good is it when these muslim countries are going to fight amongst themselves sad.

What good is it when these muslim countries are going to fight amongst themselves sad.
It won't go that far.. it is called deterrents by both.. Algeria just signed for the SU-57.. Morocco may get the F-15E and the F-35 according to Spanish news..So as long as there is equilibrium.. they won't go to war with each other..

Oh good so when is Morocco going to be free of the Spanish occupation erm arrangement? Or are they to scare Algeria?

Oh good so when is Morocco going to be free of the Spanish occupation erm arrangement? Or are they to scare Algeria?

Had to delete old post.
What specific arrangements are in place is this in regards to the Sahara territory only? Or some sort of military rights.
Also Spain occupies Morocco island if I’m not mistaken?

bhai

I have question is their an arrangement between their old colonial ruler? I’m not to familiar in regards to their post independence arrangements.

Bro I wrote it in sarcasm, in essence it's a plain and simple occupation by force.
Here have a read;

Ceuta, Melilla profile
Published14 December 2018
Map of Ceuta and Melilla

The tiny Spanish enclaves of Ceuta and Melilla sit on the northern shores of Morocco's Mediterranean coast. Together they form the European Union's only land borders with Africa.
Ceuta and its larger sister city Melilla, situated some 250 miles further south along the coast, trace their Spanish past to the 15th century.

Coveted by Morocco, they have long been a flashpoint in diplomatic relations with Spain. Madrid asserts that both territories are integral parts of Spain and have the same status as the semi-autonomous regions on its mainland.
Historically, both port cities developed as military and trade centres linking Africa to Europe. Since 1995, they have enjoyed a limited degree of self-government as Autonomous Communities.

Unemployment among the native workforce is more than 30%, among the highest rates in Spain. The cities are a magnet for thousands of traders and menial workers who cross the border from Morocco each day to earn a living.

Increasingly Ceuta and Melilla's heavily fortified borders have come under pressure from African migrants seeking a better life in Europe. Human rights groups and the European Union have raised concerns with Madrid about the deportation of illegal immigrants.

FACTS

Ceuta and Melilla

Spanish territories
  • Population 77,000 (Ceuta), 70,000 (Melilla)
  • Area (combined) 32 sq km (12 sq miles)
  • Major languages Spanish, Arabic
  • Major religions Christianity, Islam
  • Life expectancy 75 years (men), 81 years (women)
  • Currency euro

LEADER
Head of State: King Felipe VI
Street scene in Ceuta during visit by Spanish king in 2007
I
Spanish King Juan Carlos angered Morocco by visiting Ceuta in 2007
Ceuta and Melilla enjoy local autonomy and have their own governments, led by city presidents. They return deputies and senators to the Spanish parliament. Until 1995 they were administered by provincial governments - Cadiz for Ceuta, and Malaga for Melilla.
MEDIA
The national networks of Spain's public broadcaster, RadioTelevision Espanola (RTVE), are available in Ceuta and Melilla. They are served by commercial stations.
The press
Radio
TIMELINE
Some key dates in the history of Ceuta and Melilla:
Moroccan protesters demanding an end to the Spanish occupation
I
Moroccan protesters opposite the island of Perejil demand an end to the Spanish "occupation". In 2002 Spanish troops were sent to eject Moroccan police from the island
5th century - Ceuta and Melilla are successively colonised by the Carthaginians, Greeks and Romans.
8th century - Ceuta is ruled by various Berber and Arab dynasties.
1415 - Portugal seizes control of Ceuta.
1497 - Spain conquers Melilla, a long history of attacks and siege by Muslim forces follows.
1556 - Melilla comes under Spanish rule.
1688 - Ceuta remains under Spanish control after the union between Portugal and Spain ends.
1936 - Melilla is the first Spanish town where the military garrison rose against the Popular Front Government at the start of the Spanish Civil War.
1956 - Spain retains Ceuta and Melilla after Morocco becomes independent.
1995 - Spain approves Statute of Autonomy for Ceuta and Melilla.
2002 - Moroccan and Spanish forces clash over the islet of Perejil off Ceuta.
2007 - Visit by Spain's King Juan Carlos reignites Moroccan claims of sovereignty.
Border fence in Melilla

Hundreds of migrants daily try cross the substantial border fences separating the Spanish territories from Morocco

Bro I wrote it in sarcasm, in essence it's a plain and simple occupation by force.
Here have a read;

Ceuta, Melilla profile
Map of Ceuta and Melilla

The tiny Spanish enclaves of Ceuta and Melilla sit on the northern shores of Morocco's Mediterranean coast. Together they form the European Union's only land borders with Africa.
Ceuta and its larger sister city Melilla, situated some 250 miles further south along the coast, trace their Spanish past to the 15th century.

Coveted by Morocco, they have long been a flashpoint in diplomatic relations with Spain. Madrid asserts that both territories are integral parts of Spain and have the same status as the semi-autonomous regions on its mainland.
Historically, both port cities developed as military and trade centres linking Africa to Europe. Since 1995, they have enjoyed a limited degree of self-government as Autonomous Communities.

Unemployment among the native workforce is more than 30%, among the highest rates in Spain. The cities are a magnet for thousands of traders and menial workers who cross the border from Morocco each day to earn a living.

Increasingly Ceuta and Melilla's heavily fortified borders have come under pressure from African migrants seeking a better life in Europe. Human rights groups and the European Union have raised concerns with Madrid about the deportation of illegal immigrants.

FACTS

Ceuta and Melilla

Spanish territories
  • Currency euro

LEADER
I
Ceuta and Melilla enjoy local autonomy and have their own governments, led by city presidents. They return deputies and senators to the Spanish parliament. Until 1995 they were administered by provincial governments - Cadiz for Ceuta, and Malaga for Melilla.
MEDIA
The national networks of Spain's public broadcaster, RadioTelevision Espanola (RTVE), are available in Ceuta and Melilla. They are served by commercial stations.
The press
Radio
TIMELINE
I
Moroccan protesters opposite the island of Perejil demand an end to the Spanish "occupation". In 2002 Spanish troops were sent to eject Moroccan police from the island
5th century - Ceuta and Melilla are successively colonised by the Carthaginians, Greeks and Romans.
1497 - Spain conquers Melilla, a long history of attacks and siege by Muslim forces follows.
1688 - Ceuta remains under Spanish control after the union between Portugal and Spain ends.
1936 - Melilla is the first Spanish town where the military garrison rose against the Popular Front Government at the start of the Spanish Civil War.
2007 - Visit by Spain's King Juan Carlos reignites Moroccan claims of sovereignty.
Border fence in Melilla

Hundreds of migrants daily try cross the substantial border fences separating the Spanish territories from Morocco

And yet they’d rather fight Algeria than free their territory held by Spain for last 500+ years.
We Muslims definitely fucked up somewhere.

Spain and Algeria both are potential adversaries of Morocco..But I believe Morocco is just updating its armed forces weapon systems..What it had before can be considered obsolete ..

Here have a read;

Ceuta, Melilla profile
Map of Ceuta and Melilla

FACTS

Ceuta and Melilla

Spanish territories
  • Currency euro

LEADER
I
MEDIA
The press
Radio
TIMELINE
I
Border fence in Melilla

Morocco as part of the Islamic civilisation had occupied Spain for a 1000 years .. Now Spain took a vengeance and won't give up this territory easily.. it is a matter of pride.. But heard Morocco stopped trade wit these 2 Spanish cities..and they have succeeded in strangling them economically..
Spain is a NATO member..they can't attack it without fighting the whole of NATO..But they can defend themselves in case of a Spanish aggression..

The Moroccan soldier fights to protect the King and his entourage. The Algerian army are the descendants of warriors who freed Algeria from Imperial France. Combat spirit and killing instinct. Forget wars, See it only when the Algerian football team plays. No Arab team can emulate it.
MC Alger 0-2 Zamalek SC
As if the Moroccan soldier does not protect his friends, family and society? C’mon...

This guy is unbelievable this is patriotism gone wrong and I don't understand because you have beef with Morocco but you are bashing everyone nonestop even bumping up decades long threads for it. I mean what is the point of that.. We get it Morocco-Algeria ties are bad currently but assuming other allies of Morocco have any interests invested in Western Sahara issues is a major fallacy example the dragging of UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Egypt, Tunisia, Jordan, Oman, GCC etc etc.. All these are allies of Morocco but not allies of her to go against Algerian interests. Because they are not all located near Algerian borders so they don't wanna get involved in Algerian interests which means whatever disagreements that are between Morocco and Algeria it is solely between them so I don't see the reason in venting against these states who have no grudge whatsoever against Algeria..

I blame the OIC and arab league for this beef still continuing to this day. I also blame Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE and others in not making mediation between two brotherly countries that find themselves in an irrelevant disagreements.. OIC should take this matter serious and it is time for Morocco and Algeria to come on the dialogue table we can resolve this in dialogue

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom