What's new

More than 150 people have died in Bahawalpur

I just did some more research the driver of the trolley used Mosque speaker and kept warning people for an hour to stay away and also if some one want to say poverty than for there information even people came in Toyotta cars to steal the petrol

One part of me doesn't feel sorry for them.

Other say RIP.

What the hell is wrong with you ? Do you hold no value for human life ? Do you think it would be funny if you died in such unusual circumstances and had you been as uninformed as they were ?

And final and the worst part is people were smoking cigarettes

What the hell is wrong with you ? Do you hold no value for human life ? Do you think it would be funny if you died in such unusual circumstances and had you been as uninformed as they were ?
Did you see the video before the fire/explosion?

Idiots using jerry cans and whatnot to steal oil from a tanker , knowing the risks ?

People were coming on bikes and cars from afar with whatever they could find to collect oil..

Others stopped by to collect oil for their vehicles.

It's their stupidity & greed that caused the tragedy...

Was a few hundred or thousand rs worth oil , worth risking their lives ?

Who was responsible for their deaths? Nobody but themselves.

Did you see the video before the fire/explosion?

Idiots using jerry cans and whatnot to steal oil from a tanker , knowing the risks ?

People were coming on bikes and cars from afar with whatever they could find to collect oil..

Others stopped by to collect oil for their vehicles.

It's their stupidity & greed that caused the tragedy...

They are stealing because they're desperate. They died because they were uneducated and didn't know the risks of what they were doing . Thousands of people die due to mistakes in their workplaces. Do we say 'oh well he shouldnt have been so dumb and known better' ?

The least you can do is respect the dead.

They are stealing because they're desperate. They died because they were uneducated and didn't know the risks of what they were doing . Thousands of people die due to mistakes in their workplaces. Do we say 'oh well he shouldnt have been so dumb and known better' ?

The least you can do is respect the dead.
Desperate for what?

No they were not desperate.. they weren't poverty stricken slaves .. but motor vehicle owners! They didn't need it, their life or livelihoods didn't depend on it..

It was their greed & jahalat...

And everybody knows risks involved with petrol... at least the ones who "use" it, except maybe children.. and special needs ...

I'm respecting the dead... all I'm saying is , if someone jumps into a well... it's his own fault.

And after (Warning, graphic video):
God....! At 1:20 it was complete skeleton, his wind pipe was visible.

Honestly looking at skeletons alone it seems at minimum 70-80 people died in collecting oil. Astaghfirullah al azeem.

May Allah forgive them, if they were stealing or not.

There's a hadith about the Battle of Khyber that a teenage boy was serving the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, and was killed... companions were praising his deeds, but the Prophet warned he entered hell-fire for stealing a pair of slippers from spoils of war... and we have 'chapal chors' in masjids, and we have those who steal time from their office hours by texting their gfs while at work, or reciting Surah Yaseen while at work.. first sweep before our own door then may talk about politicians.
All the deeds you mentioned can be considered sins except texting gfs during offic hours..yes, if it is a govt office, it is a sin as you are paid tax payers money but if it is a pvt firm we need not condemn people who simetimes steal the time for fun..in poor countries like india and pakistan, these private institutions and companies squeeze 4 times the work they pay their employees..in fact I will consider it is a sign of smartness to learn the art of skippinh work in pvt companies...even after adding all the hours that were wastrd by a worker in a company, he would give much more than what he is earning in that company..I have little tolerance for exploitation that happens in the private institutions and companies in south asia.

Being poor, hungry etc is NOT an excuse for committing crimes, especially for stealing other people's private property.

Don't try to normalize such acts.

If people are poor, then they shouldn't make children instead. If people made only as many children as they could take care of, such incidents wouldn't be happening all around the world right now.
The oil is going to be wasted anyway..once it flows on the road ,it cant be picked up and used..I dont like it to be called stealing..it is stupid and ignorance ..I agree..but to call them thieves is harsh.

I was just wondering, could it be that when oil leaks out it forms mini lakes nearby. People know this leaked out oil in lakes-form and more that will flow out will be of zero use to the oil company whose tanker had overturned, and they will leave oil pools behind as it is, so these people think that instead of letting oil go totally wasted, lets just collect it.
Women n kids have also died in it that means bypassers also got caught in blaze
25,000 ltrs of oil was in the tanker

That is the general idea. The oil's wasted any way, so the locals think might as well make use of it rather than letting it all go to waste.

That is the general idea. The oil's wasted any way, so the locals think might as well make use of it rather than letting it all go to waste.

true but in the end they got wasted by flames. i think capstan/gold leaf should be banned they smoke too much.

check the authenticity of this hadith please. according to this hadith not a single human will enter paradise. every one makes mistakes and commits sins. according to Quran a muslim should refrain from committing grave sins and Allah may forgive the minor sins. i dont think stealing a pair of "chapals " is a grave sin.

It's not just stealing a pair of 'chappals'. It's the mindset. Given the opportunity, a 'chappal chor' will steal a Mercedes or will plunder the wealth of nation as a politician. A 'chor' is chor, whether he steals a pair of chappals or taxes. Islam nips the evil in the bud. Such warnings (as in this hadith) are to train and guide people to be useful and law abiding citizens of society. Islam is not up to punishing people.

Bahalwalpur isn't exactly interior sindh. All these people came with cars and bikes to fill tanks and save few hundred rupees in process. Save to say greed and ignorance killed them. They were not picking oil to sell in market to feed themselves.

All the deeds you mentioned can be considered sins except texting gfs during offic hours..yes, if it is a govt office, it is a sin as you are paid tax payers money but if it is a pvt firm we need not condemn people who simetimes steal the time for fun..in poor countries like india and pakistan, these private institutions and companies squeeze 4 times the work they pay their employees..in fact I will consider it is a sign of smartness to learn the art of skippinh work in pvt companies...even after adding all the hours that were wastrd by a worker in a company, he would give much more than what he is earning in that company..I have little tolerance for exploitation that happens in the private institutions and companies in south asia.

Thank you bro for the reflection.

The oil is going to be wasted anyway..once it flows on the road ,it cant be picked up and used..I dont like it to be called stealing..it is stupid and ignorance ..I agree..but to call them thieves is harsh.

Actually we are trained in Islam (majority doesn't follow) that we are not to pick up something (precious or cheap) lying anywhere. The wisdom behind it might be that the person who probably had dropped it unknowingly would come looking for it. So basically this is a principle. It doesn't matter that fuel was going to be wasted anyway, was going to be absorbed by the ground. And you saw the consequence of their 'intelligence' that they thought exactly what you think that the fuel would be wasted, so what if we collected it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom