What's new

More than 150 people have died in Bahawalpur

Common sense it seems is at short supply in rural Pakistan.

Anyway RIP.

Death toll is too damn high.
I am sure not all of them who dies were there for stealing.

RIP
Several were motorists and passerbys travelling on the road..

Several cars other motor vehicles could be seen chared... caught fire after the tanker exploded or caught fire.

Before :

IMG_20170625_162155.jpg

pakistanis in pakistan are crazy they dont care about warnings, all they care about is baraay note.
Our folks bring wrath on themselves, for example with cars they go cheap on health and safety, no brake check/maintaince and then thier accident then everyone say allah nay marzi.
classic story i have heard many time is the fire crackers in the car and they lit one and tried to throw out of the window but it fell back on the seat and so and so got burnt.

Sohail I don't think this is from bahwalpur bcz they look like from the video that samma was playing. The video was from okara where a tanker fell yesterday and people were collecting the petrol but it can be used to get a picture.

Or it could be and the scene is similar.

RIP.

They tried to take oil out of this tanker not because they are greedy; they did it because they are poor, unemployed and desperate. Think about it. Don't blame the victims. This is the responsibility of corrupt politicians who are stealing people's money instead of serving them.
Being poor, hungry etc is NOT an excuse for committing crimes, especially for stealing other people's private property.

Don't try to normalize such acts.

If people are poor, then they shouldn't make children instead. If people made only as many children as they could take care of, such incidents wouldn't be happening all around the world right now.

I just logged in and saw this thread, I feel very sad.
RIP.
I think a similar incident happened in some african country too, oil tanker overturned and people died while collecting oil.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajion. It's very sad to see all these death. May their souls Rest In Peace.

Its easy to dismiss saying that they were stealing oil but keep in mind that these were probably very poor rural folk who toil on someone else's land and survive on their generosity. It is very difficult to judge their actions based on our morality that is cultivated on a full stomach and plentiful access to all amenities of life.

On that note, as abhorrent as stealing is, I do feel sorry of them. They were cheated in life and cheated in death.
I was just wondering, could it be that when oil leaks out it forms mini lakes nearby. People know this leaked out oil in lakes-form and more that will flow out will be of zero use to the oil company whose tanker had overturned, and they will leave oil pools behind as it is, so these people think that instead of letting oil go totally wasted, lets just collect it.
Women n kids have also died in it that means bypassers also got caught in blaze
25,000 ltrs of oil was in the tanker

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom