More Propaganda: ISI behind 26/11, Indian embassy bombing

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
BBC - BBC Two Programmes - Secret Pakistan, Double Cross

Extract from BBC page.

In May this year, US Special Forces shot and killed Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan. Publicly Pakistan is one of America's closest allies - yet every step of the operation was kept secret from it.

Filmed largely in Pakistan and Afghanistan, this two-part documentary series explores how a supposed ally stands accused by top CIA officers and Western diplomats of causing the deaths of thousands of coalition soldiers in Afghanistan. It is a charge denied by Pakistan's military establishment, but the documentary makers meet serving Taliban commanders who describe the support they get from Pakistan in terms of weapons, training and a place to hide.

This first episode investigates signs of duplicity that emerged after 9/11 and disturbing intelligence reports after Britain's forces entered Helmand in 2006.

The videos show a masked man claiming that he was trained by Pakistan ISI and he launched attacks on american convey of vehicles with rocket launchers. This is not going to go down well with the west.

:cheers:

the show has just started. we'll see more interesting parts in the future. god help Pakistan.

The videos show a masked man claiming that he was trained by Pakistan ISI and he launched attacks on american convey of vehicles with rocket launchers. This is not going to go down well with the west.

Problem with Pakistanis and their so called Inter Services press Office, is that they would rather make soap operas instead of crafting and projecting the Pakistani narratives with regard to Afghanistan, it's relations with US and so on - too bad, if Pakistanis get kicked around in the world media, it's because institutions such as the Army do not respect the power of the media, and of course now they are paying for such attitudes.

Problem with Pakistanis and their so called Inter Services press Office, is that they would rather make soap operas instead of crafting and projecting the Pakistani narratives with regard to Afghanistan, it's relations with US and so on - too bad, if Pakistanis get kicked around in the world media, it's because institutions such as the Army do not respect the power of the media, and of course now they are paying for such attitudes.

Don't you think it may have some truth in it. There is an old saying in India that says that smoke is not without fire somewhere.
Is it a good time for accountability of ISI and an effort at introspection ?

Don't you think it may have some truth in it. There is an old saying in India that says that smoke is not without fire somewhere.
Is it a good time for accountability of ISI and an effort at introspection ?

These kinds of things are about truth or falsehood in the sense that their primary function is to create general understanding favorable to the position which ever side is pushing.

For instance, note that most readers think there is something wrong with Pakistanis talking tot he Haqqani network - isn't that so? But also notice that majority of readers do not think there is anything wrong with the US and others talking to the Haqqani -- Coincidence??

So unless Pakistani begin to demonstrate that they can ay effectively on the international or even domestic media stage, unfortunately for them, they will continue to get the short end of the stick, so to speak

Well, i can wear a mask, Pretend to be CIA and be stupid enough to look for a camera man, and disclose my identity to the world..

How does that sound???

i am not saying that he is not isi, but that is basic if u are isi, or trained by them for purpose, u don`t disclose all in giggle. that is apathetic and absurd.

Set-up even a 10 year would understand it.

Idiot. We pay taxes for the BBC, why should you get it for free?
Well in India, national channels are free though we pay taxes that indirectly fund the channel. Not many countries have the system as in UK. But national television in India has ads while bbc does not.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Well, i can wear a mask, Pretend to be CIA and be stupid enough to look for a camera man, and disclose my identity to the world..

How does that sound???

i am not saying that he is not isi, but that is basic if u are isi, or trained by them for purpose, u don`t disclose all in giggle. that is apathetic and absurd.

Set-up even a 10 year would understand it.

You know what, we all can argue and we all are good at it. There are times when you need to go beyond being patriotic and all and question if in case there was some truth. I have not to day found a single Pakistani do that.

Just watched it with the help of HelpSeeker. Anyways the taliban interviewees seemed bogus. Also with the help of voice actors, it seemed entirely a propaganda piece.

Just watched it with the help of HelpSeeker. Anyways the taliban interviewees seemed bogus. Also with the help of voice actors, it seemed entirely a propaganda piece.

i am sure mullah zaef wasnt bogus. and the voices of those taliban guys were theirs, it was obvious.

i am sure mullah zaef wasnt bogus. and the voices of those taliban guys were theirs, it was obvious.

I meant the british translators/voice actors. Were they speaking Dari, or can you understand Pashto?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom