What's new

Moral brigade active in Islamabad again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used this word in general sense.

In an Islamic society, vulgarity [in all of its forms] should be prohibited and opposed. It is unrealistic to expect ‘people of faith’ to look the other way while vulgarity creeps into the society and not try to prevent such developments.

As for the banners, there is nothing Islamic about using a woman as a marketing tool to sell products.
Ignoring this matter makes no sense if it is fueling vigilantism.

Controlling vigilantism is OK but addressing the causes of vigilantism is also important. Their is a solution for this matter, I have already pointed it out.

Once again, how is using a woman as a marketing tool an Islamic-ally acceptable development?
Not too long ago, writing with pencil, or a pen with metal nib, printing press, wearing English-style shoes, travelling by train, and even using loud speaker was not allowed and fatawa from Ulema are there. Today? the Ulema belonging to the same school of thought cant live without these amenities specially the loud speaker.

Please understand that objectification of anybody, women or men and wisely employing them (as model) to present a product where emphasis is on the product and not the person per se are two very different things. Using them as sex symbol is something every sane Asian let alone Muslim will object for that indeed is vulgarity. However, if you look at the ads in the opening post, there is no such thing as that. Even my wife finds is helpful to see somebody (either a model or a figure) wearing an apparel for this gives her better idea in 3D as to how the dress looks rather than seeing it on the hanger.

@Spring Onion @Akheilos @Shamain: Please share your thoughts.

Who should market anything? Or should we not market anything at all in the first place in Islamic societies? Whats with presenting some ultra-oppressive narrow minded and hell bent on opposing the wordly life view of Islam? And that is not just you.
Marketing is not an issue. It is important for the sales of products.

However, marketing can be conducted without use of women.

Actually for the ulra pure kind, everything modern is an issue. They aren't the part of society?

Why do you insist? Next, would we see something about keeping them inside their home because them working is "not preferable"? And then we would see the hue and cry on the fast decline of the Islamic world and comparison with the past, it is exactly because of these absurd logic(s) and irrationality. One of which has already been debunked with @Zarvan who argued for the better part how we should lower our gaze even though nothing is visible.

Merey bhai, it is all about psychology of the buyer; how to persuade someone to buy something. I am not sure if you are married but you can ask your mother about what makes her buy some food item or masala or apparel. Again, ads intended to be seen by women should be appreciated by women and not by men. Why you look at something that is not for you in the first place? Yes, I totally disagree a female model selling shaving cream and I know that women are objectified and very unnecessarily but case we are discussing here is very different.

Not too long ago, writing with pencil, or a pen with metal nib, printing press, wearing English-style shoes, travelling by train, and even using loud speaker was not allowed and fatawa from Ulema are there. Today? the Ulema belonging to the same school of thought cant live without these amenities specially the loud speaker.

Please understand that objectification of anybody, women or men and wisely employing them (as model) to present a product where emphasis is on the product and not the person per se are two very different things. Using them as sex symbol is something every sane Asian let alone Muslim will object for that indeed is vulgarity. However, if you look at the ads in the opening post, there is no such thing as that.
Sir,

Marketing of products is important for business, duly noted. However, it (i.e. marketing) can be conducted with sensibilities of Muslims in mind, in a supposedly Islamic society.

As for banners, use of beautiful women [in particular] to market cloths and other products, is a marketing tactic adopted by most companies to invite attention. I have studied Marketing and I know how and why certain marketing decisions are made.

Even my wife finds is helpful to see somebody (either a model or a figure) wearing an apparel for this gives her better idea in 3D as to how the dress looks rather than seeing it on the hanger.
If this is a point, then face of the model can be concealed in the banner to address the concerns of conservatives. Simple.

Dress Code for Women based on Quran Article for an article then. Sangre por sangre. :D

*24:30-31 Dressing modestly, therefore, is a trait of the believing men and women. The minimum requirements for a woman's dress is to lengthen her garment (33:59) and to cover her chest. Tyrannical Arab traditions have given a false impression that a woman must be covered from head to toe; such is not a Quranic or Islamic dress.

And why do women go to Hajj with their faces uncovered?

Its common for this kind to use an extreme example. Please don't be bothered, its to create the irrational fear and exploit the religious teachings.
Dressing modestly is not the trait the article you posted is nothing but lies yes modestly and what is modest is told that is to covet entire body including face and and dress should not be tight or see through or like kafirs or opposite gent. Buy secular liar and cheats are so much into sins and crimes that they get heart attacks when people stop them from their Haram

Please understand that objectification of anybody, women or men and wisely employing them (as model) to present a product where emphasis is on the product and not the person per se are two very different things. Using them as sex symbol is something every sane Asian let alone Muslim will object for that indeed is vulgarity. However, if you look at the ads in the opening post, there is no such thing as that. Even my wife finds is helpful to see somebody (either a model or a figure) wearing an apparel for this gives her better idea in 3D as to how the dress looks rather than seeing it on the hanger.

Well I agree because most of billboards on our roads when have women models these are of mostly women dress, Jewelry or if a beauty parlors so we can understand these would have women.

But if you it is a cigarette advertisement or poster and you are showing us a woman model well that is stupid

Merey bhai, it is all about psychology of the buyer; how to persuade someone to buy something. I am not sure if you are married but you can ask your mother about what makes her buy some food item or masala or apparel. Again, ads intended to be seen by women should be appreciated by women and not by men. Why you look at something that is not for you in the first place? Yes, I totally disagree a female model selling shaving cream and I know that women are objectified and very unnecessarily but case we are discussing here is very different.
Sorry using women in adds is totally prohibited no matter How modestly they are dressed it's Haram completely. Posting adds on streets way bigger sin

Well I agree because most of billboards on our roads when have women models these are of mostly women dress, Jewelry or if a beauty parlors so we can understand these would have women.

But if you it is a cigarette advertisement or poster and you are showing us a woman model well that is stupid
Even that is not allowed

Sorry using women no matter what kind of add or How much women is dressed modestly is not allowed and strictly prohibited

Dressing modestly is not the trait the article you posted is nothing but lies yes modestly and what is modest is told that is to covet entire body including face and and dress should not be tight or see through or like kafirs or opposite gent. Buy secular liar and cheats are so much into sins and crimes that they get heart attacks when people stop them from their Haram

When is anything that you find yourself disagreeing with is anything but lies? The definition of modesty isn't to cover everything from head to toe, get a dictionary for God's sake! It is clearly stated what is necessary to be revealed, be revealed and for the believers to not gaze on the women. Two very clear arguments from the book against the ninja style women imprisoning Islam you advocate!
Even that is not allowed

Oh yes! I love the way you argue. Pointless one line stupid posts in response to rational explanations and detailed posts.

When is anything that you find yourself disagreeing with is anything but lies? The definition of modesty isn't to cover everything from head to toe, get a dictionary for God's sake! It is clearly stated what is necessary to be revealed, be revealed and for the believers to not gaze on the women. Two very clear arguments from the book against the ninha style women imprisoning Islam you advocate!

Oh yes! I love the way you argue. Pointless one line stupid posts in response to rational explanations and detailed posts.
It is because ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW told this you don't know more than ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW and that is exactly they told clearly How to dress up How much has to be covered because they knew about people like you who distort things

Sorry you need to study Islam first than talk this kind of things are not allowed and will not be tolerated the question is what these people done with these boards the question why state didn't do it ? They need to their job because even according to our constitution which some here claims to be Islamic also makes it compulsory on governments to check these things and stop all non Islamic acts
lower your gaze first pls, thats what the Quran says atleast

Sorry using women in adds is totally prohibited no matter How modestly they are dressed it's Haram completely. Posting adds on streets way bigger sin

the word Haram is abused by bearded buffoons too often without knowing that the word haram is used for certain things in Islam while most of the other things are categorized as disliked ones aka na pasandeeda.

Even that is not allowed

Sorry using women no matter what kind of add or How much women is dressed modestly is not allowed and strictly prohibited

where it is written?

BTW you are a ghair mehram for us women on PDF just for our knowledge can you please through some light if i am replying to you or you are replying to me is haram or not?

From Quran and Hadith we proved you that there is no such thing as Burqa in Islam and it cannot be because there was no such dress in Arab too. Tell me, did Abu Jehal wear any different clothes than Mohammed (PBUH)? Did he use to eat anything different than Mohammed (PBUH)? Yes, certain things were prohibited such as liquor and swine (that was not found in desert any way) but other than that? Even the desert lizards that is an Arab delicacy was not prohibited by Rasool (PBUH). Yes, Arabs (not all though) used to do tawaf while semi or fully naked but the apposite of this shameless practice was not hiding a woman in a shuttle cock burqa and what was the alternative suggested by Allah? you get to see during hajj and umrah, and what is that dress code?

I know I am wasting my time for you are an incorrigible person but I will say and continue to say what I believe is correct.

It is because ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW told this you don't know more than ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW and that is exactly they told clearly How to dress up How much has to be covered because they knew about people like you who distort things

Apparently your kind- the Mullahs do. Since they have invented new definitions to very clear verses in the book somehow, going against all logical thinking and practicality. The term "modest dressing" is enough since the religion came for all humanity which has different cultures. Not everyone dresses the way Arabs did.

Go to your local God's viceroy and ask him to clarify the "lower your gaze" thing. See if he can give you anything better than this nonsensical logic of "shutting your eyes even when nothing can be seen". That was a masterpiece, a story to be repeated for those wishing to learn about narrow minded bigots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom