What's new

Moral brigade active in Islamabad again

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Secur bother to read this and this is just a start Mr I am going come up with more and more

Why not?

I will not with mass-CtrlC CtrlV. Just answer me this question already posted by @syedali73.

"Tell the believing men to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts. That is purer for them. Indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what they do." Surat An-Nūr. 24:30.

Why reduce vision or lower your gaze if you can't see anything in the first place? In the case of ninja-dressed women, I mean. Would you ask a blind men to close his eyes too? Lol I will take the primary source in cases of contradictions anyday.

And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is necessary. They shall cover their chests, and shall not relax this code in the presence of other than their husbands, their fathers, the fathers of their husbands, their sons, the sons of their husbands, their brothers, the sons of their brothers, the sons of their They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. All of you shall repent to God, O you believers, that you may succeed.* (24:30-31)

Need I tell you of the necessity of revealing the face and certain other parts for normal functioning?

Why not?

I will not with mass-CtrlC CtrlV. Just answer me this question already posted by @syedali73.

"Tell the believing men to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts. That is purer for them. Indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what they do." Surat An-Nūr. 24:30.

Why lower your gaze if you can't see anything in the first place? In the case of ninja-dressed women, I mean. Would you ask a blind men to close his eyes too? Lol I will take the primary source in cases of contradictions anyday.
Off course and than same is told to women in very next ayat so genius even looking at each other is not allowed so How come photoshoot of women than posting her pictures can be allowed ?
What I posted is answer to your distorted lies and you won't read it because it exposes you

Why not?

Why reduce vision or lower your gaze if you can't see anything in the first place? In the case of ninja-dressed women, I mean. Would you ask a blind men to close his eyes too? Lol I will take the primary source in cases of contradictions anyday.

And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is necessary. They shall cover their chests, and shall not relax this code in the presence of other than their husbands, their fathers, the fathers of their husbands, their sons, the sons of their husbands, their brothers, the sons of their brothers, the sons of their They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. All of you shall repent to God, O you believers, that you may succeed.* (24:30-31)

Need I tell you of the necessity of revealing the face and certain other parts for normal functioning?
Yes even than you have to lower your gaze @Secur

Off course and than same is told to women in very next ayat so genius even looking at each other is not allowed so How come photoshoot of women than posting her pictures can be allowed ?
What I posted is answer to your distorted lies and you won't read it because it exposes you
Why were you looking in the first place? Don't look. :D

The way I see it all the "pure" Muslims are guilty seeing how they looked at the banners before attempting to deface them. How the else did they know what was on it?
Yes even than you have to lower your gaze @Secur
Why? I can't see anything in the first place. What purpose would you not looking serve? Never too good on logical thinking, your local Mullahs were, were they? Why are you making things up, Madarsah education and Mullah gathering to blame there?

The way I see it all the "pure" Muslims are guilty seeing how they looked at the banners before attempting to deface them. How the else did they know what was on it?

Why? I can't see anything in the first place. What purpose would you not looking serve? Never too good on logical thinking, your local Mullahs were, were they?
Your ways of defending Haram are hilarious and pathetic here is another to expose you

Hijab or Niqab?

This has been a matter of discussion amongst Muslims for ages, ulama supporting any of the 2 have concrete proofs, however the times we live in, the Ladies (especially modernist girls/women) are more inclined towards wearing Hijab rather than going for Niqab (If they are ready at first place) , the western mind set looks down upon noble women wearing Jilbab in its true sense (i.e. Niqab).

Note: Technically even Hijab refers to Proper covering from top to bottom, but here It will be referred for those who are not convinced with Face covering.

Some scholars have tried to reconcile between both viewpoints by offering choice to women whether they like to go for Hijab or Niqab (though Niqab is recommended), some like Nasir ud-din Albani have even gone to the extent of justifying that ruling on Hijab supersedes that of Niqaab and he even wrote a whole book in refutation of other scholars trying to justify his pseudo point. This according to us is a wrong conclusion, especially for our sisters in sub-continent where men are often seen preying at women (so in any given condition, anywhere in the world where the women may become easy targets of men satisfying their inner lustful desires, then the ruling of Niqab from merely recommended changes to Wajib and there indeed is proof of it rather a dominant one)

In Light of Quran and Hadith

قُل لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَغُضُّوا مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِمْ وَيَحْفَظُوا فُرُوجَهُمْ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَزْكَىٰ لَهُمْ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ خَبِيرٌ بِمَا يَصْنَعُونَ

وَقُلْ لِلْمُؤْمِنَاتِ يَغْضُضْنَ مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِنَّ وَيَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَى جُيُوبِهِنَّ
Quran states: Say to the believing men (first) that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.And (then) say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms (24:30-31)

Important side note: These verses in context first ask the men to "lower their gaze and guard their modesty" and after this it asks the women, hence the anti Islamic propagandists and even some extremists within Islam will always exploit this issue and shall misuse this verse without using the previous one. The men who force women to wear Niqaab are strongly warned in this verse not to impose it on them but rather to look upon themselves first, nor does France or any self assumed democratic nation has any right to ask the women to "TAKE IT OFF" Even men are prescribed to wear proper dressing and many times people think that "GATRA" as worn by Saudis is a symbol of Islam although it is not, the Sunnah and the way is to have an Ammama Shareef on head (something the extremists have abandoned in exchange of pink kind of cloth on head which is a Bidah)

Hadith #1

Narrated Safiya bint Shaiba:

'Aisha used to say: "When (the Verse): "They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms," was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces."

►Volume 6, Book 60, Number 282: (Sahih Bukhari)

The wording for veil in the ayah of Surah Al-Nur is “Bi-Khumorihina” (and according to lexicographers it denotes to covering the bosoms from top in a way that face is covered too) the wording used in hadith is also similar i.e.”ikhtamarna bi ha”, those who oppose Niqab consider the above translation of Muhsin-Khan to be wrong, they claim that Khimar means veil or head scarf and covering the face is a separate issue, However Khimar in arabic also includes covering the face, although Muhsin Khan is indeed known for his forgeries to English translation of Sahih Bukhari but over here he is not wrong.

Still if someone is aggressive in disagreeing then Quran has explained it in another fashion too i.e. Jalabeeb which is mentioned in Surah al-Ahzaab

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ قُلْ لِأَزْوَاجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَاءِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِنْ جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ ذَلِكَ أَدْنَى أَنْ يُعْرَفْنَ فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ

Quran states: O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed.(Al-Quran 33:59)

In this case too it refers to covering the face along with rest of the body, as a matter of fact the ruling attached in relevance to this ayah is more strict than just covering the face (i.e. Ulama explained through ahadith that It refers to even showing 1 eye to see.. Allahu Akbar, Note: This is not to insult women in any way but to strengthen the viewpoint of covering face)

Explanation of Eminent Mufasireen

1. “Imam Ibn Jarir at-Tabri (Rahimuhullah) and Imam al Hafidh Ibn Kathir (Rahimuhullah) mention under 33:59”

حدثنـي علـيّ، قال: ثنا أبو صالـح، قال: ثنـي معاوية، عن علـيّ، عن ابن عبـاس، قوله: { يا أيُّها النَّبِـيُّ قُلْ لأَزْوَاجِكَ وَبَناتِكَ وَنِساءِ الـمُؤْمِنِـينَ يُدْنِـينَ عَلَـيْهِنَّ مِنْ جَلابِـيبِهِنَّ } أمر الله نساء الـمؤمنـين إذا خرجن من بـيوتهنّ فـي حاجة أن يغطين وجوههنّ من فوق رؤوسهنّ بـالـجلابـيب، ويبدين عيناً واحدة

Translation: Ibn Abbas(RA) narrated regarding (Allah’s) order [O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them…] that Allah commanded the believing women, when they went out of their houses for some need, to cover their faces from above their heads with the Jilbab, leaving only one eye showing

2. Imam Ibn Kathir (rahimuhullah) also adds after narrating the above:

وقال محمد بن سيرين: سألت عبيدة السلماني عن قول الله عز وجل: { يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَـٰبِيبِهِنَّ } فغطى وجهه ورأسه، وأبرز عينه اليسرى

Translation:
Muhammad bin Sirin said: "I asked `Ubaydah As-Salmani about the Ayah:(to draw their Jalabib over their bodies.) He covered his face and head, with just his left eye showing.''[Tafsir al Quran al Azim]

Note: Ibn Abbas (RA) holds the highest rank amongst Sahaba in exegesis of Quran

3. “Imam Qurtubi (Rahimuhullah) under 33:59”

فقال ابن عباس وعَبيدة السَّلْمانيّ: ذلك أن تلوِيه المرأة حتى لا يظهر منها إلا عين واحدة تُبصر بها

Ibn Abbas (RA) and Ubaida as Salmaani(RA) said: It (Jilbab) should fully cover the body of woman and nothing should appear but one eye with which she can see."

4. ”Imam Jalal ud din Suyuti (Rahimuhullah) under 33:59”

يَا أَيّهَا النَّبِيّ قُلْ لِأَزْوَاجِك وَبَنَاتك وَنِسَاء الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِنْ جَلَابِيبهنَّ" جَمْع جِلْبَاب وَهِيَ الْمُلَاءَة الَّتِي تَشْتَمِل بِهَا الْمَرْأَة أَيْ يُرْخِينَ بَعْضهَا عَلَى الْوُجُوه إذَا خَرَجْنَ لِحَاجَتِهِنَّ إلَّا عَيْنًا وَاحِدَة "ذَلِكَ أَدْنَى" أَقْرَب إلَى "أَنْ يُعْرَفْنَ" بِأَنَّهُنَّ حَرَائِر "فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ" بِالتَّعَرُّضِ لَهُنَّ بِخِلَافِ الْإِمَاء فَلَا يُغَطِّينَ وُجُوههنَّ فَكَانَ الْمُنَافِقُونَ يَتَعَرَّضُونَ لَهُنَّ "وَكَانَ اللَّه غَفُورًا" لِمَا سَلَفَ مِنْهُنَّ مِنْ تَرْك السِّتْر "رَحِيمًا" بِهِنَّ إذْ سَتَرَهُنَّ
Translation: O Prophet! Tell your wives and daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks closely over themselves (jalābīb is the plural of jilbāb, which is a wrap that covers a woman totally) - in other words, let them pull part of it [also] over their faces, leaving one eye [visible], when they need to leave [the house] for something. That makes it likelier that they will be known, to be free women, and not be molested, by being approached. In contrast, slavegirls did not use to cover their faces and so the disbelievers used to pester them. And God is Forgiving, of any occasion in the past when they may have neglected to cover themselves, Merciful, to them in His veiling them.[Tafsir al Jalalyn]

5. ”Allama Syed Mahmood Al-Aloosi (Rahimuhullah) under 33:59”

وقال ابن عباس. وقتادة: تلوى الجلباب فوق الجبين وتشده ثم تعطفه على الألف وإن ظهرت عيناها لكن تستر الصدر ومعظم الوجه

Imam al-Alusi (rah) tells the procedure from Ibn Abbas (RA) and Qatada(rah): The cloak should be worn from top (in a way that it covers) the forehead then face should be covered by cloak from one side below the eyes so that most of the face and upper bossom is covered, thus both the eyes will remain uncovered [Al-Alusi in Ruh al Ma’ani]

Thus Jamhoor of the leading Mufasireen have proven that Veil includes covering of Face.

Now let us turn towards Ahadith which prove Niqaab to be Wajib!

Hadith No. 1

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: “The riders used to pass by us when we were with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in ihraam. When they came near, each of us would lower her jilbaab from her head over her face, and when they passed by we would uncover (our faces).” [Narrated by Abu Dawood, 1833; Ahmad, 24067]

This hadith has decisive proof that Niqab is Wajib, because the blessed wives of Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) kept extreme care of covering themselves and did not reveal their faces infront of strangers, however when women are with their husbands and those with whom their Nikah is impermissible (being single that is) they can take off the face veil.

Hadith No.2

Volume 1, Book 8, Number 368: (Sahih Bukhari)

Narrated 'Aisha:

Allah's Apostle used to offer the Fajr prayer and some believing women covered with their veiling sheets used to attend the Fajr prayer with him and then they would return to their homes UNRECOGNIZED.

Even a child would know that If a woman returns home unrecognized (by being amongst men) then she must have covered her face!

Hadith No.3

Book 14, Number 2482: (Sunnan Abi Dawud)

Narrated Thabit ibn Qays:

A woman called Umm Khallad came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) while she was veiled. She was searching for her son who had been killed (in the battle) Some of the Companions of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said to her: You have come here asking for your son while veiling your face? She said: If I am afflicted with the loss of my son, I shall not suffer the loss of my modesty. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: You will get the reward of two martyrs for your son. She asked: Why is that so, Apostle of Allah? He replied: Because the people of the Book have killed him.

The Blessedface.en companions of Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) did not even consider taking off their face veils in most painful situations (i.e. even at death of their children)

Hadith No.4

Aisha (RA) mentioned the women of Ansar, praised them and said good words about them. She then said: "When Surat an-Nur came down, they took the curtains, tore them and and made veils from them." [Sunann Abi Dawud Hadith No. 3577]

Imam Ibn Hajr al Asqalani (Rahimuhullah) in his Fath al Bari says that making veils here refers to covering the face

Aap ko debate karne ki sense nahin hai.
You gave me fatwa and called me munafiq.
I am not a terrorist apologist. I am proud of it. Call whatever cheap shots like munafiq. Remember, Man learns from parents , & its behaviour shows the family background.
You are not only narrow minded, illiterate(As you have fatwa on me lol) but terrorist apologist as well .

Why? I can't see anything in the first place. What purpose would you not looking serve? Never too good on logical thinking, your local Mullahs were, were they? Why are you making things up, Madarsah education and Mullah gathering to blame there?
ALLAH ordered you to even with Niqab you can't stare or look have to keep eyes down men don't have to wear niqab and also women has to keep eyes down

Q1. How is modeling and fashion an acceptable business in a society that claims to be Islamic?
Business does not take place in Muslim societies?

Q2. Should women be given green light to wear anything in the public (including bikinis)? [But men of faith should not be expected to object, rather lower their gaze at the sight of such women? Is this the solution?]
Have I missed some post by some member proposing women to wear bikini? Why jumping so fast from simple shalwar suit apparel to bikini?

I don't get the double-standards and subtle attempts to support vulgarity.

Holy Quran reveals 3 kind of people:
  1. Kafir (Non-believers)
  2. Munafiq (Believers who are not genuine)
  3. Believers (Genuine)
Grown-ups can certainly figure out where they fit...
What double standards you are talking about? Who is advocating for vulgarity?

BTW, munafiq are not 'believer who are not genuine' but 'non-believers pretending to be believers' and Allah has made their identity very clear in Quran. These are Abdullah bin Obi and his companions.

Other than Mo'min, you have 'Fasiq' and 'Fajir' who do believe in Allah, and his orders, but do not follow those. These are those people who believe that saying prayers for 5 times is compulsory, fasting in the month of Ramzan is compulsory etc., but they either do not pray or fast or do it irregularly. These people are still genuine Muslims for their belief is intact but careless, faasiq and faajir.

ALLAH ordered you to even with Niqab you can't stare or look have to keep eyes down men don't have to wear niqab and also women has to keep eyes down
Zarvan: One of my PhD student is a Palestinian Arab, born, raised, and educated in Saudi Arabia. I asked him about 'Jilbab' and he categorically told me it is an ankle down shirt or cloak and does not include anything to cover hairs or face. I request you to kindly not put your words in the mouth of Allah, naaoz o billah, summa naooz o billah.

Last edited:
maybe i should write my own tafsir, it if takes that to bring a clearer understanding of the simple belief called islam rather than the perversion the deobandis, the ayatollais and the wahabis have brought.

Your ways of defending Haram are hilarious and pathetic here is another to expose you

Hijab or Niqab?

This has been a matter of discussion amongst Muslims for ages, ulama supporting any of the 2 have concrete proofs, however the times we live in, the Ladies (especially modernist girls/women) are more inclined towards wearing Hijab rather than going for Niqab (If they are ready at first place) , the western mind set looks down upon noble women wearing Jilbab in its true sense (i.e. Niqab).

Note: Technically even Hijab refers to Proper covering from top to bottom, but here It will be referred for those who are not convinced with Face covering.

Some scholars have tried to reconcile between both viewpoints by offering choice to women whether they like to go for Hijab or Niqab (though Niqab is recommended), some like Nasir ud-din Albani have even gone to the extent of justifying that ruling on Hijab supersedes that of Niqaab and he even wrote a whole book in refutation of other scholars trying to justify his pseudo point. This according to us is a wrong conclusion, especially for our sisters in sub-continent where men are often seen preying at women (so in any given condition, anywhere in the world where the women may become easy targets of men satisfying their inner lustful desires, then the ruling of Niqab from merely recommended changes to Wajib and there indeed is proof of it rather a dominant one)

In Light of Quran and Hadith

قُل لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَغُضُّوا مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِمْ وَيَحْفَظُوا فُرُوجَهُمْ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَزْكَىٰ لَهُمْ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ خَبِيرٌ بِمَا يَصْنَعُونَ

وَقُلْ لِلْمُؤْمِنَاتِ يَغْضُضْنَ مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِنَّ وَيَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَى جُيُوبِهِنَّ
Quran states: Say to the believing men (first) that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.And (then) say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms (24:30-31)

Important side note: These verses in context first ask the men to "lower their gaze and guard their modesty" and after this it asks the women, hence the anti Islamic propagandists and even some extremists within Islam will always exploit this issue and shall misuse this verse without using the previous one. The men who force women to wear Niqaab are strongly warned in this verse not to impose it on them but rather to look upon themselves first, nor does France or any self assumed democratic nation has any right to ask the women to "TAKE IT OFF" Even men are prescribed to wear proper dressing and many times people think that "GATRA" as worn by Saudis is a symbol of Islam although it is not, the Sunnah and the way is to have an Ammama Shareef on head (something the extremists have abandoned in exchange of pink kind of cloth on head which is a Bidah)

Hadith #1

Narrated Safiya bint Shaiba:

'Aisha used to say: "When (the Verse): "They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms," was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces."

►Volume 6, Book 60, Number 282: (Sahih Bukhari)

The wording for veil in the ayah of Surah Al-Nur is “Bi-Khumorihina” (and according to lexicographers it denotes to covering the bosoms from top in a way that face is covered too) the wording used in hadith is also similar i.e.”ikhtamarna bi ha”, those who oppose Niqab consider the above translation of Muhsin-Khan to be wrong, they claim that Khimar means veil or head scarf and covering the face is a separate issue, However Khimar in arabic also includes covering the face, although Muhsin Khan is indeed known for his forgeries to English translation of Sahih Bukhari but over here he is not wrong.

Still if someone is aggressive in disagreeing then Quran has explained it in another fashion too i.e. Jalabeeb which is mentioned in Surah al-Ahzaab

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ قُلْ لِأَزْوَاجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَاءِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِنْ جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ ذَلِكَ أَدْنَى أَنْ يُعْرَفْنَ فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ

Quran states: O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed.(Al-Quran 33:59)

In this case too it refers to covering the face along with rest of the body, as a matter of fact the ruling attached in relevance to this ayah is more strict than just covering the face (i.e. Ulama explained through ahadith that It refers to even showing 1 eye to see.. Allahu Akbar, Note: This is not to insult women in any way but to strengthen the viewpoint of covering face)

Explanation of Eminent Mufasireen

1. “Imam Ibn Jarir at-Tabri (Rahimuhullah) and Imam al Hafidh Ibn Kathir (Rahimuhullah) mention under 33:59”

حدثنـي علـيّ، قال: ثنا أبو صالـح، قال: ثنـي معاوية، عن علـيّ، عن ابن عبـاس، قوله: { يا أيُّها النَّبِـيُّ قُلْ لأَزْوَاجِكَ وَبَناتِكَ وَنِساءِ الـمُؤْمِنِـينَ يُدْنِـينَ عَلَـيْهِنَّ مِنْ جَلابِـيبِهِنَّ } أمر الله نساء الـمؤمنـين إذا خرجن من بـيوتهنّ فـي حاجة أن يغطين وجوههنّ من فوق رؤوسهنّ بـالـجلابـيب، ويبدين عيناً واحدة

Translation: Ibn Abbas(RA) narrated regarding (Allah’s) order [O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them…] that Allah commanded the believing women, when they went out of their houses for some need, to cover their faces from above their heads with the Jilbab, leaving only one eye showing

2. Imam Ibn Kathir (rahimuhullah) also adds after narrating the above:

وقال محمد بن سيرين: سألت عبيدة السلماني عن قول الله عز وجل: { يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَـٰبِيبِهِنَّ } فغطى وجهه ورأسه، وأبرز عينه اليسرى

Translation:
Muhammad bin Sirin said: "I asked `Ubaydah As-Salmani about the Ayah:(to draw their Jalabib over their bodies.) He covered his face and head, with just his left eye showing.''[Tafsir al Quran al Azim]

Note: Ibn Abbas (RA) holds the highest rank amongst Sahaba in exegesis of Quran

3. “Imam Qurtubi (Rahimuhullah) under 33:59”

فقال ابن عباس وعَبيدة السَّلْمانيّ: ذلك أن تلوِيه المرأة حتى لا يظهر منها إلا عين واحدة تُبصر بها

Ibn Abbas (RA) and Ubaida as Salmaani(RA) said: It (Jilbab) should fully cover the body of woman and nothing should appear but one eye with which she can see."

4. ”Imam Jalal ud din Suyuti (Rahimuhullah) under 33:59”

يَا أَيّهَا النَّبِيّ قُلْ لِأَزْوَاجِك وَبَنَاتك وَنِسَاء الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِنْ جَلَابِيبهنَّ" جَمْع جِلْبَاب وَهِيَ الْمُلَاءَة الَّتِي تَشْتَمِل بِهَا الْمَرْأَة أَيْ يُرْخِينَ بَعْضهَا عَلَى الْوُجُوه إذَا خَرَجْنَ لِحَاجَتِهِنَّ إلَّا عَيْنًا وَاحِدَة "ذَلِكَ أَدْنَى" أَقْرَب إلَى "أَنْ يُعْرَفْنَ" بِأَنَّهُنَّ حَرَائِر "فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ" بِالتَّعَرُّضِ لَهُنَّ بِخِلَافِ الْإِمَاء فَلَا يُغَطِّينَ وُجُوههنَّ فَكَانَ الْمُنَافِقُونَ يَتَعَرَّضُونَ لَهُنَّ "وَكَانَ اللَّه غَفُورًا" لِمَا سَلَفَ مِنْهُنَّ مِنْ تَرْك السِّتْر "رَحِيمًا" بِهِنَّ إذْ سَتَرَهُنَّ
Translation: O Prophet! Tell your wives and daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks closely over themselves (jalābīb is the plural of jilbāb, which is a wrap that covers a woman totally) - in other words, let them pull part of it [also] over their faces, leaving one eye [visible], when they need to leave [the house] for something. That makes it likelier that they will be known, to be free women, and not be molested, by being approached. In contrast, slavegirls did not use to cover their faces and so the disbelievers used to pester them. And God is Forgiving, of any occasion in the past when they may have neglected to cover themselves, Merciful, to them in His veiling them.[Tafsir al Jalalyn]

5. ”Allama Syed Mahmood Al-Aloosi (Rahimuhullah) under 33:59”

وقال ابن عباس. وقتادة: تلوى الجلباب فوق الجبين وتشده ثم تعطفه على الألف وإن ظهرت عيناها لكن تستر الصدر ومعظم الوجه

Imam al-Alusi (rah) tells the procedure from Ibn Abbas (RA) and Qatada(rah): The cloak should be worn from top (in a way that it covers) the forehead then face should be covered by cloak from one side below the eyes so that most of the face and upper bossom is covered, thus both the eyes will remain uncovered [Al-Alusi in Ruh al Ma’ani]

Thus Jamhoor of the leading Mufasireen have proven that Veil includes covering of Face.

Now let us turn towards Ahadith which prove Niqaab to be Wajib!

Hadith No. 1

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: “The riders used to pass by us when we were with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in ihraam. When they came near, each of us would lower her jilbaab from her head over her face, and when they passed by we would uncover (our faces).” [Narrated by Abu Dawood, 1833; Ahmad, 24067]

This hadith has decisive proof that Niqab is Wajib, because the blessed wives of Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) kept extreme care of covering themselves and did not reveal their faces infront of strangers, however when women are with their husbands and those with whom their Nikah is impermissible (being single that is) they can take off the face veil.

Hadith No.2

Volume 1, Book 8, Number 368: (Sahih Bukhari)

Narrated 'Aisha:

Allah's Apostle used to offer the Fajr prayer and some believing women covered with their veiling sheets used to attend the Fajr prayer with him and then they would return to their homes UNRECOGNIZED.

Even a child would know that If a woman returns home unrecognized (by being amongst men) then she must have covered her face!

Hadith No.3

Book 14, Number 2482: (Sunnan Abi Dawud)

Narrated Thabit ibn Qays:

A woman called Umm Khallad came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) while she was veiled. She was searching for her son who had been killed (in the battle) Some of the Companions of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said to her: You have come here asking for your son while veiling your face? She said: If I am afflicted with the loss of my son, I shall not suffer the loss of my modesty. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: You will get the reward of two martyrs for your son. She asked: Why is that so, Apostle of Allah? He replied: Because the people of the Book have killed him.

The Blessedface.en companions of Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) did not even consider taking off their face veils in most painful situations (i.e. even at death of their children)

Hadith No.4

Aisha (RA) mentioned the women of Ansar, praised them and said good words about them. She then said: "When Surat an-Nur came down, they took the curtains, tore them and and made veils from them." [Sunann Abi Dawud Hadith No. 3577]

Imam Ibn Hajr al Asqalani (Rahimuhullah) in his Fath al Bari says that making veils here refers to covering the face
Dress Code for Women based on Quran Article for an article then. Sangre por sangre. :D

*24:30-31 Dressing modestly, therefore, is a trait of the believing men and women. The minimum requirements for a woman's dress is to lengthen her garment (33:59) and to cover her chest. Tyrannical Arab traditions have given a false impression that a woman must be covered from head to toe; such is not a Quranic or Islamic dress.

And why do women go to Hajj with their faces uncovered?

Have I missed some post by some member proposing women to wear bikini? Why jumping so fast from simple shalwar suit apparel to bikini?

Its common for this kind to use an extreme example. Please don't be bothered, its to create the irrational fear and exploit the religious teachings.

Its not vulgar as originally alleged, unclear still?
I used this word in general sense.

In an Islamic society, vulgarity [in all of its forms] should be prohibited and opposed. It is unrealistic to expect ‘people of faith’ to look the other way while vulgarity creeps into the society and not try to prevent such developments.

As for the banners, there is nothing Islamic about using a woman as a marketing tool to sell products.
Ignoring this matter makes no sense if it is fueling vigilantism.

Vigilantes be taken care of by the state, specifically the Mullahs in command of the local Red mosque. First they were fighting against the state, now this nonsense. Don't these God fearing pious men (self proclaimed) have anything better to do to bother blacking banners out or send welcoming messages to ISIS?
Controlling vigilantism is OK but addressing the causes of vigilantism is also important. Their is a solution for this matter, I have already pointed it out.

You can ask that question once you establish that it was non Islamic. Because contrary to what the Mullahs want to make everyone believe, women do exist and are a part of society. They can peddle this stupidity in Afghanistan, not here.
Once again, how is using a woman as a marketing tool an Islamic-ally acceptable development?

Not one of the people who articles you are posting have any single logical answer for the need to not look at a women if she's covered from head to toe to the extent that only one eye is visible (even that would be very doubtful).

I used this word in general sense.

In an Islamic society, vulgarity [in all of its forms] should be prohibited and opposed. It is unrealistic to expect ‘people of faith’ to look the other way while vulgarity creeps into the society and not try to prevent such developments.

As for the banners, there is nothing Islamic about using a woman as a marketing tool to sell products.
Ignoring this matter makes no sense if it is fueling vigilantism.
Even then, it isn't applicable. Its too common for people to use the word "vulgar" even for female anchors or newsreaders for no reason, but mere peddling of their own irrational definitions which no sane rational would ever agree with.

Its not vulgarity, no one is exposing body parts or roaming around naked in the banners (have a real good look this time) and hence the question of prohibition doesn't arise in the first place.

And state should ban these banners if some extremists are bothered to see it? The same kind that objects to TV, computers, medicines, modernity, secular worldly education and what-not? Lets close it all, shall we? Instead of subjecting the defacers to law, we should start banning advertisements because it fuels vigilantism? Absurd logic, tsk tsk tsk. The actions of a few are no indication of the mass thinking. These banners are present in many parts of the country, how many Muslims are bothered to see them? Only extremists take a simple non-issue and blow it out of the freaking proportions!

You gave me fatwa and called me munafiq.
I am not a terrorist apologist. I am proud of it. Call whatever cheap shots like munafiq. Remember, Man learns from parents , & its behaviour shows the family background.
You are not only narrow minded, illiterate(As you have fatwa on me lol) but terrorist apologist as well .
you are wrong here no body in my family abuse but i am only one :p:

Once again, how is using a woman as a marketing tool an Islamic-ally acceptable development?
Who should market anything? Or should we not market anything at all in the first place in Islamic societies? Whats with presenting some ultra-oppressive narrow minded and hell bent on opposing the wordly life view of Islam? And that is not just you.

Business does not take place in Muslim societies?
Yes.

However, is it ok to use women as marketing tools in an Islamic society?

What double standards you are talking about? Who is advocating for vulgarity?
Have you not noticed;

1. Scantily dressed Pakistani fashion models during fashion shows?
2. Pakistani TV artists participating in the making of "item songs" for the Pakistani films?
3. Objectionable advertisements such as these on display in Pakistan?

Nobody is stopping Pakistani business to conduct business, but their actions should be kept under check.

BTW, munafiq are not 'believer who are not genuine' but 'non-believers pretending to be believers' and Allah has made their identity very clear in Quran. These are Abdullah bin Obi and his companions.

Other than Mo'min, you have 'Fasiq' and 'Fajir' who do believe in Allah, and his orders, but do not follow those. These are those people who believe that saying prayers for 5 times is compulsory, fasting in the month of Ramzan is compulsory etc., but they either do not pray or fast or do it irregularly. These people are still genuine Muslims for their belief is intact but careless, faasiq and faajir.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom