What's new

Monstrosity against freedom of speech of citizens - Internet censorship

propagating violence through speech illegal ??

hmm,that means excuse for all kinds curb on free speech,freedom of expression which is one of the basic tenet of liberty and being a democratic.

How do u define the speaking for violence is right or wrong??

That is defined through legal precedent. Do you need information on the definition of "inciting violence" in Pakistan? I can see through my books to see the views of the superior judiciary.

Saying anything cannot be deemed illegal and these aren't curbs on freedom of expression. Judicial interpretation defines the limits of the "freedom of speech" and where "inciting violence" starts.

I am booking the following domains:-

1. MillatHotmail
  2. MillatGmail
  3. MillatGoogle
  4. MillatYahoo
  5. MillatMSN
  6. MillatBing

And when my site will go down because I was using a crappy hosting service and using a generated script available online, I will also post a rant on my front page about "zionist conspiracies" and post wrong facts to support my claims.

I am booking the following domains:-

1. MillatHotmail
  2. MillatGmail
  3. MillatGoogle
  4. MillatYahoo
  5. MillatMSN
  6. MillatBing

And when my site will go down because I was using a crappy hosting service and using a generated script available online, I will also post a rant on my front page about "zionist conspiracies" and post wrong facts to support my claims.

chalo sparklingway donon bhai mil ke yeh domains register karte hain............... golden opportunity to make millions :lol: and who knows billions :rofl:

also

1. HallalHotmail
  2. HallaltGmail
  3. HallalGoogle
  4. HallalYahoo
  5. HallalMSN
  6. HallalBing

are ideal domains :rofl:

Propagating a message of violence and terrorism makes you liable to a criminal action. Inciting violence should not be allowed and is deemed illegal under our anti-terrorism laws and across the world.

I don't know about particular laws against Inciting violence specific to nations.They certainly do vary depending up on which country u are talking about.Also there is no census who is terrorist or what constitute hate speech??

These are grey areas.

One example can be while Satanic Verses is banned in India ,its freely available in western world.

A far more apt example is Hafiz Shaeed of ur country.Do i need to elaborate about him??

I don't know about particular laws against Inciting violence specific to nations.They certainly do vary depending up on which country u are talking about.Also there is no census who is terrorist or what constitute hate speech??

These are grey areas.

One example can be while Satanic Verses is banned in India ,its freely available in western world.

A far more apt example is Hafiz Shaeed of ur country.Do i need to elaborate about him??

keep Hafiz saeed out of this thread
He was proven innocent in Pakistani courts and as per the law says "innocent until proven guilty"

This thread is not about him........ stick with the topic :angry:

These are grey areas.

I agree.

He was proven innocent in Pakistani courts and as per the law says "innocent until proven guilty"

Zaki, the topic might not be about him but the guy has a point. Hafiz Saeed spews hatred all the time. The topic went a lil bit towards the definition of "inciting violence". No more debate on this issue now.

Yes, he is proved innocent in Pakistani courts though he may talk up jihad against India,and even demand more mumbai like incidents in vitriolic speeches made by him, but as per the courts he didn't break any law .

PS:forgive me if deemed off topic, it related to sparking way's contention about banning inciting violence.

guys chill with the venom against the decision ...i dont wanna see
defence.pk being taken down ....

But it will really be a Sad day for Pakistan when (if) this Ban commes in effect.Because this will only isolate Paksitan from the rest of the world and fuel all the pictures of Pakistan and Islam being rigid and extremist to the rest of the world .
I believe this decision at the macro level does more harm to Pakistan than good (if any at all)

:coffee:

Last edited:
Yes, he is proved innocent in Pakistani courts though he may talk up jihad against India,and even demand more mumbai like incidents in vitriolic speeches made by him, but as per the courts he didn't break any law .

PS:forgive me if deemed off topic, it related to sparking way's contention about banning inciting violence.

baat koi ho tum log apna rona le a jaty ho her gaja . bechary:rofl:

You do know, don't you, that Hafiz Sayeed was released by this very Lahore High Court.

baat koi ho tum log apna rona le a jaty ho her gaja . bechary:rofl:

No no, i don't think u get it why i raised the issue of Hafiz Saeed.

Anyway it was for sparkingway's consumption and he got my point.Lets leave it there.

propagating violence through speech illegal ??

hmm,that means excuse for all kinds curb on free speech,freedom of expression which is one of the basic tenet of liberty and being a democratic.

How do u define the speaking for violence is right or wrong??

A 26/11 terror victim has enough good reasons have violent intentions for Pakistan and so must be the case with zaid Hamid who gives is own reasons why he hates India.

propagation violence ought be discouraged with valid counter arguments ,not by making it a crime and thereby stifling free speech.

I do agree with what you said, but if making it illegal or stopping the guy preaching violence by force can save 100s of life, what will you prefer? You have freedom to do anything as long as it doesn't affect other people freedom to live.

Back
Top Bottom