What's new

Mohammad Amir Apologizes!

Areesh

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
'I want to apologise to all in Pakistan and all others to whom cricket is important...The best day of my life was when selected by Pakistan. I was given my shirt the night before. I stood for hours wearing it in front of the mirror. I would have worn it all night but I didn't want to ruin it. I want to apologize for not pleading guilty before. I wish I had had the courage to do it earlier. I did the wrong thing. I was trapped, because of my stupidity. I panicked.'"

:frown:

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

What a shame. What a loss of talent. A future legend gone wasted. :hitwall:

'I want to apologise to all in Pakistan and all others to whom cricket is important...The best day of my life was when selected by Pakistan. I was given my shirt the night before. I stood for hours wearing it in front of the mirror. I would have worn it all night but I didn't want to ruin it. I want to apologize for not pleading guilty before. I wish I had had the courage to do it earlier. I did the wrong thing. I was trapped, because of my stupidity. I panicked.'"

:frown:

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

What a shame. What a loss of talent. A future legend gone wasted. :hitwall:
thats why people says dont go for shortcuts to earn money ...... earn slowly and steadily

Everybody is now together on the fact that Salman Butt lured him into this, but still, he did do it.

Would want him to come back as soon as possible. Was a talent for sure and could have been the next number one in the world for Pakistan.

izaz butt, innocent till proven guilty huh ? how can you and your co butt salman lie so perfectly without even blinking an eye? further investigation must be done and as much of cancer has to be cut off from pakistan team, good for pakistan and good for cricket.

We should not be so quick to judge. The bookies who stand to make enormous amounts of $$$, do not take refusal very kindly. It is a widely known fact that they're often associated with criminal elements, and can make serious threats and then make good on those threats.

If the authorities can't come down hard on the network of bookies interfering like that, they do not have the right to penalize players who flounder under that interference. They treat symptoms, and let the fundamental problem grow and fester.

he's young and he's naiive......he's just a teenager, a kid. But i am a strong believer in people being held accountable for their actions. That is part of becoming a MAN. The politicians in our country set worst example for humanity; at least our cricket players who wear the green uniform should set an example for the youth.

the other 2 are damn fools. They have humiliated Pakistan and damaged the prestige of Pakistani cricket. Millions and millions of people --kids and adults --look up to the team members of the Pakistan cricket team

these men have caused harm......and therefore, no matter who they are --they are not above the law. They are responsible to represent their COUNTRY, not their personal finances.

SHAME!

bookies/dealers are also scum of the earth......they deserve to be behind bars

he's young and he's naiive......he's just a teenager, a kid. But i am a strong believer in people being held accountable for their actions. That is part of becoming a MAN. The politicians in our country set worst example for humanity; at least our cricket players who wear the green uniform should set an example for the youth.

the other 2 are damn fools. They have humiliated Pakistan and damaged the prestige of Pakistani cricket. Millions and millions of people --kids and adults --look up to the team members of the Pakistan cricket team

these men have caused harm......and therefore, no matter who they are --they are not above the law. They are responsible to represent their COUNTRY, not their personal finances.

SHAME!

bookies/dealers are also scum of the earth......they deserve to be behind bars

Amir did said that he did not really know what was going on until the last moments when he knew that a bookie was involved. Now he is pleading to the judge to forgive him.

Amir did said that he did not really know what was going on until the last moments when he knew that a bookie was involved. Now he is pleading to the judge to forgive him.

i don't know what ''did not know what was going on''

if it seems ''shady'' then it probably is....his #1 focus and only priority should have been cricket

i think he should be allowed to practice with the team in order to stay fit, but he should also be suspended. In the meantime, he should pursue his further studies --as he promised he would do.

No apologies, none of these three should be accepted in Pakistan. Make them example for other youngsters.

He should've think this before when he was taking money happily & selling Pakistan, they have ruin Pakistan & hurt sentiments of 180 million Pakistanis.

While the three cricketers deserved the punishment, my question is; would the quantum of punishment been the same had cricketers from say, England or Australia been involved in match fixing?

This practice of Spot-Fixing was neither invented by Pakistanis nor is only practiced or perfected by them. But regardless, it's wrong.

the prison sentence handed out is harsh (even by my standards)...but hopefully it will deter others from making a mockery out of sport and setting bad example for the youth --who look up to these players as heros.

Pakistani cricket has a huge prestige and we can't let it be tarnished by the foolish actions of a few.

p.s. how ironic that the (now disgraced and defunct) news source which exposed this cricket sting is itself in hot water --for corruption, and for nefarious illegal activity

Amir's ban is the biggest case of tragedy in the history of cricket. A legend who at the age of 17 made batsmen wet their pants was guided by his sellout captain to take the wrong path.

Bowlers like Amir come like once in a century.

Back
Top Bottom