What's new

Mohajir province need of the hour: MST

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what why don't we make a few dozen provinces to end this question once and for all?

=DRaisinHerald;2683361]The majority don't think in line with Altaf or Gillani. My dad's from Rahim YK. dist. and he knows hardly anyone wants a new province. Also, apart from MQM supporters in Karachi, no one else wants a new "Mohajir Suba"

Altaf or Gilani's parties are elected by the people in repective constituencies, they know 10 more thing about what people want more than you / me or any one else ..

Today Altaf wants a new province for the Mohajir, tomorrow that province must be given special status and before you know it, an independent Mohajir Republic will be born because Taffy-Bhai though the rest were "denying the rights". Let's not expect too much from a man that called the creation of Pakistan a blunder shall we?

illogical & thats your assumption about some thing you have little or no clue, if he would have wanted separation this would have been ideal time ... altaf would never in his right mind would ask for separation .. as for his comments on creation of Pakistan , thats a philosiphical approach its like saying today if shias/agha khanis in gilgit / parachinar asking for another country or separation .. What would be your views on that ? its a long debate and if this wasnt a mistake than bangladesh wouldnt have separated!!

Edit: also before anyone starts blasting me that this thread isn't about MQM; I know. However, this MST is hardly known and have very little support for themselves, and we also know that the biggest force behind this new Suba or such are MQM.

correct there was no MST , unheard of .. i dont understand where do these people come from and MQM could be behind these people

I have always been in favour of creating more provinces on Administrative basis. Pakistan should form a joint committee taking all the political parties in confidence whose sole purpose is to study the entire Pakistan's demography and recommend provinces on the basis of Administrative purposes. Of course there are so many hurdles they would need to bypass but that committee should be free of any bias and make recommendations strictly on administrative basis.

I am in strong favour of creating 15-20 provinces in Pakistan. Imagine if 20 provinces are created we would still have about 9 million people in each province and that number would surpass 1 crore (10 million) in coming years. Balochistan has very low population density so the committee could recommend best solution for this issue as well... Not many European countries has a population of over 10 million. If all these provinces are left to work independently (autonomous) and allocated their own budget, we would boost economic growth in various other ways and the budget could be utilized in better way. The representation of the public in the parliament could be more diverse and more competent people could be representing us in hope of posting better performance comparing to other provinces.

Imagine if Punjab has a allocated budget of 700 billion rupees now it is up to the Chief Minister where he is spending all that money. He could spend 50% of that money to Lahore only and remaining 45% to other bigger cities and only 5% to smaller cities. If there were 4 provinces of Punjab, the budget would have been divided to 175 billion rupees each and more cities and villages would be benefiting from the budget.

PS: I am against all these Tehreek's of Mohajir or Saraiki Sooba etc... I would like to see more provinces in the country totally on the administrative purposes and not by force or linguistic basis. We are all Pakistanis and we must all think like a Pakistani and not Saraiki, Balochi, Mohajir, Hazara etc

Hey Pakistani Guys...Let me Sorry. Bit Off topic...Could you please help me to understand what Mohajir is...??...Is it like Balochi or Sindhi..??...Or a different religion...

Could you please let me know ...what is Mohajir...??

Could you please let me know ...what is Mohajir...??

The native ethnic groups of Pakistan are the Punjabi, Kashmiri, Pashtun, Sindhi and Baloch. However, there's a sixth group called the Mohajir, and they are people who migrated from modern day India to Pakistan during the partition and mainly settled in Karachi. They are of various ethnic backgrounds and come from modern states of Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar in India.

Edit: "Mohajir" by definition means "immigrant" in Arabic

mohajir ..who migrated from another country ..there are different types of mohajirs lives in pakistan...urdu speaker mohajir and some other very few sindhi pathan afghan ,biharis are also called mohajirs ..

Altaf or Gilani's parties are elected by the people in repective constituencies, they know 10 more thing about what people want more than you / me or any one else ..

Yes yes, and that's why the Zardari/Gillani regime is corrupt as *beep*! Because according to you, the people want it :lol:

I think Karachi and Hyderabad should be a separate Federal Territory or Province because of the special character of this area. It generates more than 50% revenues for the country. Also, being a major Metropolitan area and Population centre requires special treatment.

illogical & thats your assumption about some thing you have little or no clue, if he would have wanted separation this would have been ideal time ... altaf would never in his right mind would ask for separation .. as for his comments on creation of Pakistan , thats a philosiphical approach its like saying today if shias/agha khanis in gilgit / parachinar asking for another country or separation .. What would be your views on that ? its a long debate and if this wasnt a mistake than bangladesh wouldnt have separated!!

There's nothing illogical about what I said. How do you know MQM isn't going to want special status once a separate province is formed for the Mohajir? They can easily stage it to make it look like the poor Mohajir are being abused by the rest of us, and thus pull a Singapore-like scene on us.
Its only logical everything has to be done is steps, and MQM would be the stupidest party ever if they demand for a separate state right away lmao.
You know how politicians are....greedy. They'd do anything and absolutely everything to gain power.

I think Karachi and Hyderabad should be a separate Federal Territory or Province because of the special character of this area. It generates more than 50% revenues for the country. Also, being a major Metropolitan area and Population centre requires special treatment.

But that's exactly it: Karachi being such an important city in Pakistan, and to let it fall into the hands of the likes of Altaf is pure idiocy. What guarantee do we have they're not gonna push for "freedom" after, say, 30 years of being a province like city? I mean, after all, if Uncle Sam is ready to provide support and liberate "poor" Baloch from "evil Pakistan", how do you know they're not gonna come and try to "liberate" "poor" Mohajir from "evil Pakistan"?

I am a Mohajir but I don't support Mohajir Province because more people wil die as compared to riots after Benazir Bhutto's death, thats why new provinces in Pakistan must be created on Administrative base!

i totally disagree with MQM they are not people originaly of this province infact they are refuges as they came now become part of sindh but still they are not one should ask for seprate province

Frankly our politicians and system are not mature enough to debate this important national matter - and a request - not to be racist against any ethnic group - I condemn in the strongest possible terms - anyone who casts doubt on the patriotism and love for the motherland for our brothers and sisters. Those that do - are the enemies of our country.

As a mohajir, I reject this idea. Divisions should be made administratively. Not on the basis of ethnicity or any language.

its not what you want matters..
its what Altoo bhai says that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom