What's new

MODP Year Book 2017-18

Damn, and i had it all sitting in my files for several days....fearing to post all the information. :(
It is all over on Twitter since yesterday.. U are getting too late & lazy windi.. :lol:

Anyways i thought CM-400 is antiship missile but this version is Air to ground

Last edited:
Sir any news about completion date / Launching date of FAC-4 ??? as its steel was cut in december 2016 n Keel was laid in March 2017 . dont u think it took alot of time ???

Not that much considering the indigenous factor as well as having an improved version of Harbah Missile System. However, most of the work is done and is in last phase to completion.

Interesting stuff.... Good thing they didn't disclose too much of the new equipment.... Leave some surprises for the battlefield plz

both are different radars for different use
little explaination would be helpful . i dont know about radars 2 much but Thank u brother .

Not that much considering the indigenous factor as well as having an improved version of Harbah Missile System. However, most of the work is done and is in last phase to completion.
Thank u brother .

little explaination would be helpful . i dont know about radars 2 much but Thank u brother .

Thank u brother .
dear plz use Google or even this forum you will have all the information about these TPS-77 MRR and YLC 18 radars for start read following links
- https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/tps-77-multi-role-radar-system.629580/

- https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-u...-its-first-multi-role-surveillance-radar.html

- https://www.ausairpower.net/APA-PLA-IADS-Radars.html#mozTocId486275

VIPER seem a practical solution based on in-house industrial capabilities which most probably will match with Pakistan's terrain and environment as well, as Pakistan is manufacturing and using M113 series from quite some time, at this stage we can assume based of official information that it was the only prototype which was shown in IDEAS-2018, so it might be still in development phase.

Ukraine might offer BMP series or some new derivative in which PA seems not interested, even it was reported that in trials for the selection of Turret for VIPER PA rejected BMP series Turret. Based on modular armour concept which VIPER IFV use it may provide better protection and maintainability as compare to BMP series, only thing in which VIPER lack behind BMP-3 is power/weight ratio otherwise comparable or excel in other parameters.

Same is the case with Turkish Tulpar IFV as it weight up to 42 tonnes powered by 850 hp engine, almost as heavy as Al-Zarar tanks of PA and does not carry anti-tank missiles, so it appears Tulpar is produced to address needs and employment concept much different than PA
We need heavy armour too.
Ive seen of videos of our M-113s being blown apart. That thing cant withstand something over 12.7mm at max.

This “MIFV” is the same thing as “PIFV” from the 90s. Just added a better turret & newer APC variant.

Additional armour is definitely required.

Ive seen of videos of our M-113s being blown apart. That thing cant withstand something over 12.7mm at max.

This “MIFV” is the same thing as “PIFV” from the 90s. Just added a better turret & newer APC variant.

M113's are useless according to US by new threat standards.
That's why they brought Bradley M2/3 in picture.

But I think it will not be used as front line charging asset specially in Mechanise Infantry div. VIPER will be operated along with Armoured Regiments, so there are less chances for VIPER to come under heavy attack ....

hopfuly @Signalian might comment better

Back
Top Bottom