What's new

Modi's Russia visit

Modi will not give ambassadors that privilege.

Modi is a owner of fine restaurant, he has a waiter (ambassador) who just gets customers signature on credit card transactions. Matter ends.

Ambassador has no power to approve/endorse any agreement by putting his signature.

Just a clearing & forwarding agent of GOI wrt this.

I understand that this govt is forced to get into these summits however can you please throw some light on who is forcing Putin and company??

The point is no one wants to be blamed for pulling the plug first. India-Russia summits would continue with NO substance. There may come a time in the near future when they may spin by saying that they are postponing the meetings due to conflict in schedules of the heads of the states. Russia would now just wait until a non-BJP government comes back to power in India for the restoration of the relations.

All bullshit agreements.
No defence deal.

Bhai joint conference over. No defence deal mentioned in it. And there is cultural program now. Modi flies back home in night. Use your brain.
Mr Chu...Are you following private news channel or gov one ?

i suppose substantial progress is made. not only in defence but other sectors like Nuclear Energy, oil and gas too.
As for media hype, you know how desi media works.

Tum indians kisi khwab ki duniya me rehta ho jo hua nhe uski khe rahy ho gya

S 400 not to be sold due to ur attitude to russia and its all weather friend china

And as u sat in uncle sam godi all trust gone away

The point is no one wants to be blamed for pulling the plug first. India-Russia summits would continue with NO substance. There may come a time in the near future when they may spin by saying that they are postponing the meetings due to conflict in schedules of the heads of the states. Russia would now just wait until a non-BJP government comes back to power in India for the restoration of the relations.
this is speculations...b/w it was the congress govt. that initiated departure from Russia...anyways lets agree to disagree here...

this is speculations...b/w it was the congress govt. that initiated departure from Russia...anyways lets agree to disagree here...

The last two UPA governments are perfect examples of "Suicide by Inaction". They absolutely did nothing - either with Russia or the West. I was pinning some hope on this government but they are turning out to be a disaster too. Very disappointed.

Ok so after reading all the post ..
i have a simple ( maasomana Sawal ) question ..

what India was Expecting before the Visit ?
what India gets after the Visit ?

and please clarify those deal which were already done before the Modi Visit ..
Did Russian Offer something new and un-expected in this Visit ?

what i hear in the Pakistani news Channels , Modi was succeed to ink some Good Defense deals, and more Civil N reactors if i am not wrong ..

so how this tour is a fail ?

Things don't always work the way people want, especially for news reporters.

Modi was supposed to sign following deals with Russia.

1. Kamov Helicopters.
2. S-400
3. Pak-Fa
4. Frigates
5. Nuclear submarine.

Value of deals was to be more than 10 billion dollars.

Joint press conference ended. Not a single deal signed.

Seems like Russia is miffed with Modi's shift to western countries. Body language between Putin & Modi was awkward.

Bootlickers source?:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

No defence deals signed. Only restatement of committment from Russian side that they will make Kamov helicopter in India. But no deal signed for helicopters. No progress on this deal. Stuck at last years summit level stage.

For S-400, PAK-FA, Frigates, Nuclear submarine, no mention in joint statement that they will explore the purchase. For Rafale there was mention in joint statement of efforts to pursue the deal. No such statement with Russia.

As for Reliance having MOUs with other companies they are irrelevant. Purchase decisions are made by Indian government. They leaked to press that they are making Kamov helicopters & has bought land in Nagpur to set up assembly line. Later Russia said that they have not yet decided a partner.

Regarding approval by DAC & CCS for a deal. It only tells about India's interest in deal with certain terms. Russia has to agree for deal with those terms. So DAC & CCS approval does not mean deal will be signed.

Modi has turned India's policy pro west. Effects can be seen in Paris climate change summit & WTO Nairobi summit. India has meekly agreed to deals made by western countries harming its national interest.

Indian armed forces are also compromising Russian security interest by their zest to impress western countries. Indian Navy in joint exercise with US fielded Kilo class submarine & Akula nuclear submarine. This harms Russian interest. Now they will not sell any sophisticated weapons to India.

Back
Top Bottom