What's new

Modi's Clean India Drive & reality...

Dumb thread. All you have done is invited Ganga's to mock 'Lucknow by the Sea' otherwise known as Karachi ~ Biharnagar, UPbasti, Patnanagar slums galore.

There is huge difference in the filthiness, dirt, open pooping culture in Indian cities like Mumbai to that of Karachi.

- Karachi has no open pooping culture, peeing on streets and just about anywhere, reason: even so called slums like Orangi Town has proper sewerage lines and homes have toilets, non existent in Mumbai slums, check Pics of Orangi Town and that of Mumbai slums...

- Orangi is BTW a non regulated Abadi and again a small part of it is slum, it has rather provided affordable housing to millions and the reason Karachi has lesser slums...Orangi Town called slum in one of the Telegraph article and quoted elsewhere is not true, it is a proper town with roads, gas and utilities connections, open grounds, hospitals, schools and colleges...

-And Karachi has this garbage collection problem in many towns, has improved in recent time with proper collection and disposal in many areas.

some parts of Karachi

That some parts of Karachi makes all the difference, that is still smaller compared to the Huge expanse of Karachi with that of Mumbai particularly...reason is affordable housing for lower middle class which is non existent in Mumbai.

Can't say about clean but south India has some very beautiful places to visit

insecure neighbours in full troll mode.
trolling se yaad aaya.....pakistan always cribs about water sharing; if all ugly indians' piss can be channelled to pak, the aforementioned problem will be solved forever. i mean, still, dont use that for drinking purposes.

insecure neighbours in full troll mode.
trolling se yaad aaya.....pakistan always cribs about water sharing; if all ugly indians' piss can be channelled to pak, the aforementioned problem will be solved forever. i mean, still, dont use that for drinking purposes.

Is this one reason Indians are making Ganges and Yamuna rivers more dirtier and filthier...too bad they don't flow to Pakistan as a lower riparian country.

Indus river starts from Tibet and passes through Indian Kashmir, Ladakh region a very small area with less people, most of the catchment area is in Pakistan with glaciers feeding it...so again Indians can't make it what they are good at...making rivers dirty.

Yes some rivers in Punjab can be used...originating from Uttarakhand, passing Indian Punjab...

Last edited:
Is this one reason Indians are making Ganges and Yamuna rivers more dirtier and filthier...too bad they don't flow to Pakistan as a lower riparian country.
no, its not in existence, let alone operation. for ur info, ganges and yamuna flow towards east, while "the" country we are trying to help with lies in the west, so the project shall not depend on river systems; a bit more like operation parakram (just 1.3 billion ppl instead of army on the boundary facing westwards carrying "valves" in our hands instead of guns). furthermore, cribbing was not that intense back then. now its entirely different.
regarding pollution in yamuna and ganga, the main reasons are:
1. policy of draining waste (civil and industrial) into rivers. yeah pretty dumb.
2. policy of not giving a fudge about wastewater treatment. slowly but steadily numbers are climbing, but grossly inadequate to treat sewage of all the cities and industrial wastes in the ganges -yamuna belt.
3. corruption in implementing the above two policies, if any.
Indus river starts from Tibet and passes through Indian Kashmir, Ladakh region a very small area with less people, most of the catchment area is in Pakistan with glaciers feeding it...so again Indians can make it what they are good at...making rivers dirty.
keep sending ur boys and keep (we both will) kashmir on boil so no real economic development can happen. no factorries n no wastes.
Yes some rivers in Punjab can be used...originating from Uttarakhand, passing Indian Punjab...
the method is described, sort of. if ur head is working, then u shall be able to figure it out.

You call Indore clean? Is this your definition of clean?!
5104223286_991b2b4194_o.jpg

This is what I call clean!

image%203_1.JPG

This is also Indore, and so is this below:

top-10-cleanest-cities-in-India.jpg

Now, this is also the reality of Hong kong behind all the glamour.
Hong-Kong-Slums-10-670x450.jpg

Point being, such areas are everywhere...less in some places and a lil more somewhere.

Odds on OP being a Pakistani hiding behind a US flag?
should it matter?

Thats a bit of an exaggeration.. Far Eastern Europe may be (Rural Bulgaria, Romania etc) but no South Asian city let alone any Indian city would come close
see some hill cities in NE india, and u will be awestruck.
the cties in plain are particularly dirty.

"the" country we are trying to help with lies in the west, so the project shall not depend on river systems; a bit more like operation parakram (just 1.3 billion ppl instead of army on the boundary facing westwards carrying "valves" in our hands

Oops there is a thread on operation Parakaram...think of any Indo Pak subject and there is a thread at PDF...BTW operation Parakaram is about amassing huge Indian troops and mobilizing them at the Pak border after the Parliament attacks, wasn't it...where does 1.3 billion people comes into foray, was it planned that they will also align with forces and start moving towards border???read about 800 Indian troops and others were killed during the back and forth movement for the Parakaram ops. all gone in vain...such a waste of precious men...were they RSS Chaddis??

Op Parakram claimed 798 soldiers

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Op-Parakram-claimed-798-soldiers/articleshow/104948.cms

Reasons:

Analysts suggested that India went silent only due to the nuclear threat posed by the Pakistani's. Pakistani dictator Musharraf said, "he would not renounce Pakistan's right to use nuclear weapons first". Later 2009 another Pakistani analysts confirmed that "It was a big upset about what happened to the economy after the [atomic] tests in 1998, but was consoled that in 2002, when India mobilized half a million troops on the border after an attack on its parliament in 2001, but was finally forced to withdraw the "due to the danger of a nuclear retaliation by Pakistan".

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-forgotten-history-of-operation-parakram.425495/

Oops there is a thread on operation Parakaram...think of any Indo Pak subject and there is a thread at PDF...BTW operation Parakaram is about amassing huge Indian troops and mobilizing them at the Pak border after the Parliament attacks, wasn't it...where does 1.3 billion people comes into foray, was it planned that they will also align with forces and start moving towards border???read about 800 Indian troops and others were killed during the back and forth movement for the Parakaram ops. all gone in vain...such a waste of precious men...were they RSS Chaddis??

Op Parakram claimed 798 soldiers

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Op-Parakram-claimed-798-soldiers/articleshow/104948.cms

Reasons:

Analysts suggested that India went silent only due to the nuclear threat posed by the Pakistani's. Pakistani dictator Musharraf said, "he would not renounce Pakistan's right to use nuclear weapons first". Later 2009 another Pakistani analysts confirmed that "It was a big upset about what happened to the economy after the [atomic] tests in 1998, but was consoled that in 2002, when India mobilized half a million troops on the border after an attack on its parliament in 2001, but was finally forced to withdraw the "due to the danger of a nuclear retaliation by Pakistan".

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-forgotten-history-of-operation-parakram.425495/
kya yaar......tumne to serious hi le liya.
i know what op parakram means, why it happened, how the casualties increased etc etc etc.

seedhey seedhey yahi kehna chahiye tha mujhe ki 1.3 billion indians (oopps ...ugly indians) bhi pakistan ke sarhad par moot aaye, to pakistan ko paani ke liye kabhi nahi rona padega.
confidence building measures bhai.

EDit: i liked ur post because of ur dedication for a joke.

seedhey seedhey yahi kehna chahiye tha mujhe ki 1.3 billion indians (oopps ...ugly indians) bhi pakistan ke sarhad par moot aaye, to pakistan ko paani ke liye kabhi nahi rona padega.
confidence building measures bhai.

Using as a Metaphor is fine( Pakistan doob jaye ga agar 1.3 billion Indians moot aye border per)...do they fetish that, don't think so, yes looking at the Indian stats of 650 million open defecation...this is quite possible...err Pakistan need to take this threat seriously...even if Indians are joking, a serious joke.

see some hill cities in NE india, and u will be awestruck.

Mate I’m of Lankan heritage and I visit the island frequently.. The dirtiest place in Lanka just happens to be it’s capital Colombo but it also happens to be the cleanest city in South Asia bar perhaps Islamabad.. So I reckon I’ll hardly be awestruck by a hill station in India.. Some btw I have already visited.. Shimla, Ooty etc

Using as a Metaphor is fine( Pakistan doob jaye ga agar 1.3 billion Indians moot aye border per)...do they fetish that, don't think so, yes looking at the Indian stats of 650 million open defecation...this is quite possible...err Pakistan need to take this threat seriously...even if Indians are joking, a serious joke.
i apologise for my casual behaviour earlier. i was miffed by some pakistani posters here who jumped in line to make this an india-bashing thread and got carried away.
it is a fetish actually, and widely used in a cavalier manner; similar to "inshallah hamara ek jawan unke 10 pe bhari padega" sorts.

joking again for the bold part: irrigation ke saath saath fertiliser ki issue bhi nahi rahegi.

Back
Top Bottom