What's new

Modi visiting Lahore today

LIVE: PM Modi to arrive in Lahore shortly; to attend Nawaz Sharif's granddaughter's wedding?
Last Updated: Friday, December 25, 2015 - 16:02
Shares
Facebook
Twitter

Comment
445037-narendramodinawazsharifone7.jpg

File pic
Zee Media Bureau

Kabul: In a sudden development, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said he will meet his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif in Lahore on Friday afternoon on his way back to New Delhi from Afghanistan.

The last visit to Pakistan by an Indian PM was in 2004 by then leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Coincidentally, today is Vajpayee's birthday.

Modi will arrive in Lahore, his first touchdown in Pakistan, and meet his counterpart Nawaz Sharif, who shares his birthday with Vajpayee. Interestingly, today is also the birthday of Pakistan's founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

Modi, who reached Kabul early in the morning from Moscow, tweeted and took everyone by surprise when he announced that he would visit meet Sharif everyone that he spoke to Sharif over telephone and greeted him on his birthday.

Looking forward to meeting PM Nawaz Sharif in Lahore today afternoon, where I will drop by on my way back to Delhi.

— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 25, 2015

MUST READ
PM Narendra Modi wishes Nawaz Sharif on his birthday
According to Geo News, Sharif will receive Modi at the airport and then take him to the Governor's House. The PM will stay in Pakistan for two hours, added the channel.

The PM apprised Sharif of his visit in Lahore this morning. The agenda of the talks is not known but the two leaders are expected to discuss major issues which have rocked the tied between the two countries.

The security at the Lahore airport and surrounding areas has been tightened.

Meanwhile, a PML-N source told PTI that Sharif had invited Modi to attend the marriage of his granddaughter Mehrun Nisa which is taking place today at the Sharif's Raiwind palatial residence.

"I cannot confirm but there are chances that Modi goes to Raiwind and holds meeting with PM Sharif at his residence," he said.

Modi's critics may have disliked the idea, but External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj was all praise for the PM.

That's like a statesman. Padosi se aise hi rishte hone chahiyen. Narendra Modi on Twitter: "Looking forward to meeting PM Nawaz Sharif in Lahore today afternoon, where I will drop by on my way back to Delhi."

— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) December 25, 2015

NDTV is jealous that they could not get the scoop or breaking news earlier

Such visits need time and lot of preparation

NDTV se lekar ARY tak Afratafri Machi hui hai... hhahahahahaha... Media Is running around like Headless Chicken!!

In India, the news is abuzz that all of Pakistan's federal ministers have lined up for Modi in Lahore Airport.

Why do we need to look for win/loose in everything?

In India, the news is abuzz that all of Pakistan's federal ministers have lined up for Modi in Lahore Airport.

If you say this on your own might be we will trust this... but because here is your media whoz old habbit to show India Universe power and Pakistan like kaka bacha is old... so we cant trust this bullshit lol... but yes I will agree at some exten bcuz NS jitna bara pheto hey bcuz of his personal business interests... woh apnay ghar waloon ko bhi lne may khara karsakhta hey hahhahahah

Military go-ahead this.... the reason his aircraft allowed in Pakistan's airspace.... he is here to wish NS nothing else more... but this decision was basically decided through Gen. Nasir Janjua (New advisor and foreign handler)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom