What's new

Modi may sign Teesta, visit Bangladesh first

Does look like speculation.
He would want to get the neighborhood nitty gritties out of the way so he can concentrate on real issues back home, I agree with his move to invite all neighbors, because if the neighborhood is peaceful then we can concentrate on other targets.

Neighbourhood is simply getting a incentive-or-else kind of a situation.

Contrary to what man of the NRBs on this forum say, except for Pakistan and to some extent, Bangladesh, other countries are relatively easier to resolve issues because of the whole neutral perspective rather than looking through Green-lenses. Bangladesh can still resolve matters but Modi may have little choice except use political force in case of our troubled western neighbour.

Why ? They have been living there all their lives why you want to send them back now ?
It is not like the illegal immigrants came to India back in 1971 only.Its a continuous process, they keep coming..
Back in 1971, it was understandable, for there was a genocide happening in East Pakistan..Now, they should learn to stand on their own feet.

I think after their so called Genocide now they found a new land, and they should have no problem living their because they are very similar to you people, culturally and look wise, so they would have no problem of integration either. I support these Bengladeshi people it will be against human rights to send them back.

I think treaty should be made by mutual consent from Mamata otherwise she will again create problem. Just not Teesta deal, we have so many issues to deal with India. India should treat Bangladesh in most liberal manner. Be harsh with Pakistan we don't care but please be friendly with us as you were in 1971. :)

I think treaty should be made by mutual consent from Mamata otherwise she will again create problem. Just not Teesta deal, we have so many issues to deal with India. India should treat Bangladesh in most liberal manner. Be harsh with Pakistan we don't care but please be friendly with us as you were in 1971. :)

Be harsh with Pakistan ? lol yeah they should be soft on little bengalis :D. Please be harsh to us and we will show your place. But please be easy on poor Bengalis as they have no where to go or run :D

I think treaty should be made by mutual consent from Mamata otherwise she will again create problem. Just not Teesta deal, we have so many issues to deal with India. India should treat Bangladesh in most liberal way. Be harsh with Pakistan we don't care but please be friendly with us as you were in 1971. :)

not agree on this point............for long term national interest,he has to take some strong decision.....there is so many long pending issue .....if today is not right time ? than it will never come ............

not agree on this point............for long term national interest,he has to take some strong decision.....there is so many long pending issue .....if today is not right time ? than it will never come ............

In our federal system the PM is first among equals to the CMs, PM is not the absolute ruler of the country even with a single majority, Modi has to seek cooperation of the CMs to get this done.

And I hope he wouldn't repeat the mistake of Indus river water treaty.

We must share good relations with Bangladesh.

And this step will strengthen Hasina's hand against the jamaati terrorists.

I think after their so called Genocide now they found a new land, and they should have no problem living their because they are very similar to you people, culturally and look wise, so they would have no problem of integration either. I support these Bengladeshi people it will be against human rights to send them back.

Same applies to Pakistanis also, then why did you guys broke away?

The issue is not with those who came in 1971, the issue is those who are still coming after that, our country cannot be a solution to Bangladesh's overpopulation problem.

Back
Top Bottom