What's new

Modi Effect : Pakistan govt holding internal parleys to formulate India policy

I don't understand why Pakistanis are shitting their pants over Modi. India is a country on level with China, Russia, USA, Japan, EU, etc in International scene based on it's economic and military might. Our priority is to take on China economically and dominate in Indian Ocean Region militarily.

Pakistan is like a lower priority which is more of nuisance value than actual threat to us. Modi's rules are simple :

1. India is open to trade or dialogue with Pakistan.
2. Point 1. depends on good conduct from Pakistan (no 26/11, bomb blasts, IED attacks, etc)
3. India's military strength is NOT geared towards Pakistan but based on a threat calculus consisting of China as of today. If Pakistan tries something stupid like Kargil 1999 this guy will make 1971 look like a trailer.
4. Kashmir is a Bilateral issue , however what India does in it's side of Kashmir is it's own business repealing Article 370 included.
5. Afghanistan - Indian alliance is strategic maneuver in middle east, Pakistan may keep it's opinions to itself.

:tup:

when you say we are not worried about Modi it means you are.

They are not worried about modi ? ..they are ! that's why they are rushing to thrash out policy to deal with him even before he is sworn in ...
The quickness with which Islamabad moved to call on all people who may give important inputs regarding modi ..within few hours it became clear that he will be PM of India ... that itself demonstrates their fear and apprehensions about Modi .

I don't know why so many Indians are of the belief that Modi at all worries Pakistan or Pakistanis, we've exhibited no signs of anything unusual, when you have a new government in India, we begin to formulate our approach to this new government. When a new head of state rises in India, our head of state congratulates and invites them.

What's all the fuss about?
Well, its your media. I am a regular reader of foreign news sites including that from Pak. Pak coverage of present elections is very different from previous ones. This time all Pak media talks about is Modi.

Even small and insignificant statements from Modi have become headlines in Pak news sites with a lot of exaggeration. At times even Pak army leaders and politicians have retaliated on Modi's comments as though he was talking to them personally and not addressing election rallies (in them he did not even mention Pak or Muslims but still he got replies from Pak).

I don't know about Pak people but Pak media, politicians and army officers are both obsessed with Modi and worried about him.

The situation is too complicated, but I do believe that Pakistani leaders like Nawaz brothers and a number of Pakistani's are indeed looking at India as a future partner in both business and growth.

The situation is too complicated, but I do believe that Pakistani leaders like Nawaz brothers and a number of Pakistani's are indeed looking at India as a future partner in both business and growth.

We should never ever allow Pakistan to use us to gain economicially and growth as they continue to support terror. Of course, they want business and our huge market. To hell with that......they wanna play ball then abide by the rules

Back
Top Bottom