What's new

MODI cleared Ishrat Murder

Public Humiliation.... lol!! :lol: you are that much naive or I should say idiot enough to understand who gets humiliated when..... change your user name to Moron... :P and remember first duty to clean India, will start when you are thrown out of our Borders.

My bad ..... again responding to a scum... :sick:

Machar Mar Bong He-Man trying to be Big Bad Boss :lol: ........its a pity no can actually understand what you are saying. :P

Ishrat Jahan: The inconvenient story no one wants to tell

Ishrat Jahan: The inconvenient story no one wants to tell - Firstpost

excellent article by Praveen swamy ,

Excellent article it is. Just posting it in full.

Ishrat Jahan: The inconvenient story no one wants to tell

by Praveen Swami Jun 13, 2013

Late in the summer of 2004, the Lashkar-e-Taiba’s top operations commander Zaki-ur-Rahman Lakhvi held the terrorist organisation’s first meeting with David Headley, the young Chicago drug dealer-turned-jihadist at the heart of the 26/11 project. Lakhvi told Headley he would be working with Muzammil Bhat, the full-bearded 6’4” giant in the room, who counted among the Lashkar’s most able operatives. Bhat’s achievements, Federal Bureau of Investigations interrogators recorded Headley as being told, included multiple strikes in Kashmir and recruiting a “female suicide bomber named Ishrat Jahaan [sic].”

“Zaki,” Headley went on, “mentioned Muzammil’s plans to attack Akshardham temple, Somnath and Siddhi temples. These attacks were revenge for the 1988 attack on the mosque in Yuppe [sic, the 1992 demolition of the Babri Masjid in Uttar Pradesh].”

Nine years since a hail of bullets ripped through Mumbra resident Ishrat Jahan Raza’s body, a Central Bureau of Investigations into her killing, along with three men, threatens to indict the highest leadership of India’s intelligence services for cold-blooded execution.
Ishrat Jahan. IBNLive

The whole truth about Ishrat Jahan’s life and death will likely not please anyone. IBNLive

Even as the CBI works towards finding out just how Ishrat died, there’s a growing mass of evidence that suggests the United Progressive Alliance government has been economical with the truth about her life and her death.

Last year, the National Investigations Agency told Gujarat High Court judges Jayant Patel and Abhilasha Kumari they had nothing but “hearsay” on Ishrat. Firstpost’s documentation on the FBI interrogation of Headley shows the union government knew otherwise—but remained silent.

It isn’t the only thing it has chosen to be silent on.

Early on the morning of 15 June 2004, Ishrat Jahan, Javed Sheikh, Zeeshan Johar and Amjad Ali Rana were shot dead on the road leading to the Kotarpur waterworks on the outskirts of Ahmedabad. KP Singh was at that time director of the Intelligence Bureau; Nehchal Sandhu, who is today deputy national security advisor, was then in charge of counter-terrorism operations; MK Narayanan, who is today West Bengal governor, was then advisor on internal security. And Manmohan Singh was Prime Minister, then as now.

The first three, without doubt, would have known of the IB warning that went out to all states on 22 April 2004, warning of imminent attacks on top Hindu nationalist politicians, including LK Advani.

Later, the IB’s Gujarat station would provide the Gujarat Police more detail, telling Ahmedabad’s police chief there were two Pakistani terrorists with Punjabi accents planning an attack, in coordination with a Pune resident.

From accounts given to Firstpost by three separate intelligence sources, the IB’s operation had its genesis in February 2004, when the Jammu and Kashmir Police shot dead Poonch-based Lashkar operative Ehsan Illahi.

Letters found on Illahi’s body led the police to an Ahmedabad-based lawyer. From there, the operation rolled on. There’s some reason to believe the Lashkar’s plot was penetrated. First Information Report 8 of 2004, filed by the Ahmedabad Police Crime Branch after the killing, records that the authorities knew of the imminent arrival of a blue Tata Indica carrying the victims, bearing the licence plate number MH02 JA4786—suggesting the Intelligence Bureau had an informant on the inside.

“No one suggested that based on an intelligence input you should kill someone,” former Union Home Minister P Chidambaram said in 2009. That’s true, but it neatly dodges the question of what the UPA did when four terrorists whom its intelligence services were following ended up dead.

The CBI hasn’t sought any answers, so far, from any of the people who can answer that question.

We know next to nothing, too, about what led Javed Sheikh to his death. Born Praneshkumar Pillai at Thamarakulam village in Kerala’s Alappuzha district, Sheikh met and fell in love with Sajida Sheikh in 1986. He converted to Islam in an (unsuccessful) effort to overcome her family’s resistance. In September 1995, though, the two married and moved to Mumbai’s Mumbra area. Then, they shifted to Pune after a business dispute turned violent. Sheikh’s life continued to be turbulent; the police filed four rioting cases against him in 1997 alone.

In 2003, Sheikh left for Dubai, securing a job on a forged Indian Technical Institute certificate. He returned, according to Sajida Sheikh’s testimony, embittered by videotapes he had seen of the anti-Muslim pogrom in Gujarat.

On 29 March 2004, Sheikh again flew to Oman, on passport E6624023, identifying him as Praneshkumar M. Gopinath Pillai—having obtained this in addition to a passport in his Muslim name. He flew back to Mumbai on 11 April carrying Rs 2.5 lakh in cash, which he used to purchase the Indica he drove to his death.

The government said, in a 2004 affidavit, that Sheikh “was in regular touch with Lashkar-e-Taiba operatives, particularly Muzammil Bhat.” Government sources say there is wiretap evidence to back this up, but the UPA hasn’t ever ordered it made public, and the CBI hasn’t sought it.

Sheikh met Ishrat and her mother in Mumbra on 1 May 2004—where Sheikh said he needed a salesgirl for a new perfume store. There is no evidence that Sheikh ran a perfume business.

On 30 May, he drove his wife and children to the family home in Alappuzha. From 6 June to 9 June, the family stayed at Sajida Sheikh’s family home in Ahmednagar. Then, Sajida Sheikh said, her husband called on the morning of 11 June to say he had to go to Mumbai on unexpected work. Two days later, when Sajida Sheikh called her husband, his cellphone was out of network reach.

Hotel staff at the Tulsi Guest House in Bardoli, on National Highway 6 outside of Surat, say Sheikh and Ishrat checked in after 2 am on 12 June 2004. On 14 June, their car developed mechanical trouble. The staff at the Shakti Motor Garage outside Ahmedabad told the police that Sheikh paid Rs 1,025 for repairs.

Earlier this month, additional solicitor-general Indira Jaisingh told the Supreme Court the CBI has evidence the group was kidnapped on the orders of former state intelligence chief PP Pandey at least a day before they were shot dead. Last month, the CBI interrogated former Gujarat Intelligence Bureau station chief Rajinder Kumar, now in charge of counter-intelligence operations. The organisation is reported to be seeking his arrest, saying he was responsible for having the alleged terrorists “detained illegally and brought to Gujarat.” It’s hard to see how his superiors wouldn’t have known—and why they aren’t being asked about it.

Funnily, though, the five police officers alleged to have been actually present when Ishrat was allegedly kidnapped and killed—Girish Singhal, Tarun Barot, JG Parmar, Bharat Patel and Anaju Chaudhary—got bail after the CBI failed to file charges against them in the 90 days allowed by law.

This presumably happened because the CBI doesn’t have enough evidence against them to sustain a prosecution—though it claims to have witnesses to the kidnapping and illegal detention.

Nine years ago, no one knew for sure whether Ishrat was a terrorist or not, and whether she was killed in cold blood or a legitimate exchange of fire.

It’s unclear why the CBI hasn’t spoken to large numbers of people who might have something to add to this story.

From the testimony of Faizabad resident Muhammad Wasi, made before an Ahmedabad magistrate, there’s reason to believe Sheikh shopped for pistols and a sten gun in Uttar Pradesh sometime after February 2004. Wasi claims Sheikh was introduced to him by another Faizabad resident, Muhammad Mehrajuddin—whom the CBI hasn’t even sought to locate.

The CBI hasn’t questioned Muhammad Abdul Razzak, an alleged jihadist held by the Delhi Police in 2005, who claimed to have told interrogators he sent Sheikh to a jihad training camp.

Kashmir residents Majid Husain Qadri, Pervez Ahmad Khan Abdul Aziz Shah, alleged to have helped Amjad Ali Rana after he was shot trying to cross the Line of Control, have never once been questioned. Investigators say the three men had Johar treated in New Delhi, at the City Clinic in Paharganj. Siddharth Sahai, who performed surgery on Rana, identified him when the police showed him photographs.

Then, there’s Headley’s testimony—totally ignored so far.

For years now, we’ve got plenty of things that make headlines, but nothing resembling even part of the truth.

In 2009, metropolitan magistrate KS Tamang indicted the police for faking the encounter, but in a report full of mind-boggling nonsense: “given the nature of women, none usually wears her college identity card during journey”; “when any lady travels from Mumbai to Ahmedabad, she invariably carries her purse and handkerchief in her hands.” It made multiple errors of appraisal, from misreading forensic evidence to presumptively declaring the suspects “innocents”.

Gujarat’s High Court responded to petitions by the families of Ishrat and Sheikh by appointing a special investigation team. From the outset, there was contention with Karnail Singh and Mohan Jha, among allegations of bias. Notably, lead officer Satish Verma rejected the findings of forensic experts who concluded that the encounter didn’t appear faked at all. Verma himself faces allegations relating to alleged negligence in the landing of smuggled explosives and extrajudicial killings—and the targets of investigation claim, rightly or wrongly, that he harbours biases against them.

Like all truths, the whole truth about Ishrat Jahan’s life and death likely won’t please anyone. It’s critical, though, to the credibility of India’s criminal justice system, and the future of our struggle against terrorism. Nothing anyone has done so far, though, suggests anyone really wants to tell the story—and nothing the CBI is doing gives reason to think that’s going to change.

Ishrat Jahan: The inconvenient story no one wants to tell - Firstpost

Consider yourself lucky that you are not. I won't have spoken this much if you two were in front of me. I would have cleared up everything after the very first abusive posts started by you. I am good for good but very bad for haters. anyways no point in blabbering with you more online as it won't matter. :coffee:

Haters ?? I pity you low life bongo , I know of your kinds who pisses in their diapers when argued face to face, even in their own states.

hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/In-IB-s-Ishrat-tapes-Machlee-No-5-is-terror-code-for-Modi/Article1-1088885.aspx?hts0021

In IB's Ishrat tapes, 'Machlee No.5' is terror code for Modi

“Paanch number machlee (fish No.5)” was the code name allegedly given to Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi by Lashkar-e-Taiba’s Pakistani commander Muzammil, records of intercepted telephone conversations he had with two of the men killed along with Ishrat Jahan have revealed.

They also talk in code of four other targets: the late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray (fish No. 1), VHP leaders Pravin Togadia (No. 2) and Ashok Singhal (No. 3) and BJP leader LK Advani (No. 4).

The intercepts, accessed by Hindustan Times, reveal Muzammil — wanted in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks case — reportedly gave coded instructions to Jishan Johar alias Abdul Gani to eliminate Modi.

Johar was among the three men killed with Ishrat Jahan by the Gujarat Police in Ahmedabad in June 2004 in what is alleged to have been a fake encounter.

The police claim they were LeT operatives plotting Modi’s assassination.

The Intelligence Bureau (IB) had tapped into the conversations in April 2004 after receiving alerts, including from two of its informers who were LeT operatives trained in Pakistan. They are mentioned as ‘C1’ and ‘C2’ in the CBI’s charge sheet in the encounter case.

Muzammil allegedly asked C1 and C2 to assist Johar — a suspected LeT man from Pakistan — in the operation. The conversations are between the four and a fifth man, suspected to be Javed Shaikh alias Pranesh Pillai, who was also killed in the encounter.

"You must make him (Johar) understand what needs to be done about fish number five, about who you spoke to me. Talk to him in that context, make him understand everything," the voice alleged to be Muzammil, speaking Urdu in a thick Punjabi accent, instructs Shaikh. He then tells Johar, "You rest, we will talk later in detail. I have told them (C1 and C2) about the work, understand it well from them."

In the tapes, Muzammil addresses C1 and C2 as 'yaar (friend)' and Johar as 'janab (sir)'.

He asks Johar about his wellbeing, whether he needs anything in Ahmedabad, and tells him C1 and C2 have arranged a temporary job for him as a factory worker.

"Go to the factory, speak to its owner," he tells Johar.

"C1, C2 and Javed Shaikh were LeT's logistics providers and part of its sleeper cell. It was the job of C1 and C2 to receive and accommodate Johar and another Pakistani operative, Amjad Ali, in Ahmedabad on their arrival from Pakistan via J&K," said a government source.

"Shaikh was sent from Maharashtra to assist the proposed terror operation to bump off any of the five targets," the source said, adding that at the time the conversations occurred, "only Modi was in Ahmedabad. The other four were either in Delhi or Maharashtra".

According to the CBI charge sheet, Johar and Ali were picked up and kept in illegal custody in Ahmedabad in April and May of 2004, respectively, by a joint team of the Ahmedabad crime branch and Subsidiary Intelligence Bureau.

The team later intercepted Shaikh and Jahan in June.
All four were killed in cold blood on June 15 that year, it says.

The charge sheet is silent on the antecedents of Johar, Shaikh and Jahan and on Muzammil too. But it says "Amjad Ali had stated that he had come to Ahmedabad with a plan to commit a terrorist act at some crowded location".

"The CBI probe is limited to establishing whether the encounter was fake or not. We found it was fake. The four deceased were humans, whether they were terrorists or not does not matter," said a senior CBI source.

hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/In-IB-s-Ishrat-tapes-Machlee-No-5-is-terror-code-for-Modi/Article1-1088885.aspx?hts0021

In IB's Ishrat tapes, 'Machlee No.5' is terror code for Modi

“Paanch number machlee (fish No.5)” was the code name allegedly given to Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi by Lashkar-e-Taiba’s Pakistani commander Muzammil, records of intercepted telephone conversations he had with two of the men killed along with Ishrat Jahan have revealed.

They also talk in code of four other targets: the late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray (fish No. 1), VHP leaders Pravin Togadia (No. 2) and Ashok Singhal (No. 3) and BJP leader LK Advani (No. 4).

The intercepts, accessed by Hindustan Times, reveal Muzammil — wanted in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks case — reportedly gave coded instructions to Jishan Johar alias Abdul Gani to eliminate Modi.

Johar was among the three men killed with Ishrat Jahan by the Gujarat Police in Ahmedabad in June 2004 in what is alleged to have been a fake encounter.

The police claim they were LeT operatives plotting Modi’s assassination.

The Intelligence Bureau (IB) had tapped into the conversations in April 2004 after receiving alerts, including from two of its informers who were LeT operatives trained in Pakistan. They are mentioned as ‘C1’ and ‘C2’ in the CBI’s charge sheet in the encounter case.

Muzammil allegedly asked C1 and C2 to assist Johar — a suspected LeT man from Pakistan — in the operation. The conversations are between the four and a fifth man, suspected to be Javed Shaikh alias Pranesh Pillai, who was also killed in the encounter.

"You must make him (Johar) understand what needs to be done about fish number five, about who you spoke to me. Talk to him in that context, make him understand everything," the voice alleged to be Muzammil, speaking Urdu in a thick Punjabi accent, instructs Shaikh. He then tells Johar, "You rest, we will talk later in detail. I have told them (C1 and C2) about the work, understand it well from them."

In the tapes, Muzammil addresses C1 and C2 as 'yaar (friend)' and Johar as 'janab (sir)'.

He asks Johar about his wellbeing, whether he needs anything in Ahmedabad, and tells him C1 and C2 have arranged a temporary job for him as a factory worker.

"Go to the factory, speak to its owner," he tells Johar.

"C1, C2 and Javed Shaikh were LeT's logistics providers and part of its sleeper cell. It was the job of C1 and C2 to receive and accommodate Johar and another Pakistani operative, Amjad Ali, in Ahmedabad on their arrival from Pakistan via J&K," said a government source.

"Shaikh was sent from Maharashtra to assist the proposed terror operation to bump off any of the five targets," the source said, adding that at the time the conversations occurred, "only Modi was in Ahmedabad. The other four were either in Delhi or Maharashtra".

According to the CBI charge sheet, Johar and Ali were picked up and kept in illegal custody in Ahmedabad in April and May of 2004, respectively, by a joint team of the Ahmedabad crime branch and Subsidiary Intelligence Bureau.

The team later intercepted Shaikh and Jahan in June.
All four were killed in cold blood on June 15 that year, it says.

The charge sheet is silent on the antecedents of Johar, Shaikh and Jahan and on Muzammil too. But it says "Amjad Ali had stated that he had come to Ahmedabad with a plan to commit a terrorist act at some crowded location".

"The CBI probe is limited to establishing whether the encounter was fake or not. We found it was fake. The four deceased were humans, whether they were terrorists or not does not matter," said a senior CBI source.

Phir shaheed?? Man, you will need a lot of ID permutations.

Seeing the leftist liberals here ranting about the legalities about the law, the way in which the police should conduct the investigation etc etc , I am reminded about the dialogue by Col Jessup in " A Few Good Men"

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Phir shaheed?? Man, you will need a lot of ID permutations.

Though I am unborn, of changeless nature and Lord of beings, yet subjugating My Prakriti, I come into being by My own Maya

Whenever, O descendant of Bharata, there is decline of Dharma, and rise of Adharma, then I body Myself forth.:angel:

Srimad-Bhagavad-Gita, chapter IV

10 Questions over Ishrat Jahan - Via Facebook post

1. Why now?

It’s been more than 10 years since Ishrat Jahan was killed in a police encounter in Gujarat. So why is it coming to boil after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was announced as election campaign chief for the BJP?

Why is it coming so close to the next general elections? And more importantly, why was the CBI chargesheet done at exactly the same time as the extremely significant and contentious Food Security Bill Ordinance was being passed?

The chargesheet diverted attention from the food bill. Are all these mere coincidences? Then why is our political landscape riddled with so many coincidences that defy explanation?

2. Why the sudden U-turn?

In 2004, we were told that Ishrat and her accomplices were allegedly from the Lashkar-e-Taiba and on an assassination mission. Ghazwa Times (a Lahore-based LeT mouthpiece) stated Ishrat was indeed an LeT operative. Reports came of even terrorist David Headley claiming her.

That’s been the past. Now in 2013, when no fresh compelling evidence has come into the scene, why this total U-turn by the central government? Why is the whole “secular” establishment in India suddenly singing praises of her? Is all this well-orchestrated?

3. What about her accomplices?

Even if she was innocent, why is there silence on her accomplices? Were they terrorists or were they also totally innocent like Ishrat is being claimed now? Why this silence on about them? Isn’t any case about the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? So why this alleged partial truth being thrust on us at this stage?

4. Why this CBI-IB fight?

Doesn’t the IB come under the Centre? Doesn’t the CBI report to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh? So isn’t he responsible for both? So couldn’t action have been taken against this IB official directly if he was guilty? Why is all this dirty linen being washed in public? Why is the government totally demoralizing the IB? Why is the government totally demoralizing the security forces of this country?

5. Why “1 in 1000 encounter” ?

India has seen thousands and thousands of encounter killings (yes, that many!). Till recently they were glorified and felt necessary. If you thought they peaked only during the Punjab problem during the last century, then you are wrong.

The National Human Rights Commission says that there have been more than 800 killings in the period from 2002-11. Other sources put it at much higher. So what is so special about this particular encounter that all the resources of the state and media are being spent?

6. Why is Congress being censored out?

Going by reports, it was the IB which passed on the information to the Gujarat Police. Reports also say that the IB was closely involved even during the encounter. The IB reports to a Congress Prime Minister and Home Minister while the Gujarat Police reports to a BJP Chief Minister and Home Minister.

Looked from that angle, it’s a joint Congress-BJP operation. So why has the Congress been totally censored out of the news censure?

7. Why a secular mascot?

If Ishrat was innocent then it is a tragedy indeed. But why is she being made out to be a secular mascot? What are NCP leaders doing with her? Why is a JD(U) leader calling her a “Bihar ki beti”. Does everything Modi support become communal and everything he oppose become secular? That way, is he somewhat like Midas?

8. Maya-Mulayam clean, Modi dirty?

According to the NHRC, UP saw a whopping 342 encounters from 2002-11. Many of them involved Muslims. Mayawati and Mulayam Singh Yadav have been chief ministers during this period. It’s OK because they merely call themselves secular?

Manipur, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Madhya Pradesh… have all seen more encounter killings than Gujarat.

So why this sudden anti-Gujarat frenzy?

9. Why is Manmohan mum?

The CBI is involved. The IB is involved. The Union Home Ministry is involved. An Opposition CM has been targeted. There is only one common factor in all that: Manmohan.

This is not a case of a local thief stealing from a kirana store that the PM can refuse to comment on. This is the burning issue of the day and sadly the mainstream media refuses to ask any kind of questions to the PM.

10. Why is the actual terror debate being sidetracked?

Modi is just another CM in India. In this case he is the smaller picture. Tens of thousands of people have died in terror attacks in India. The exact figures are elusive, but the government says that 47,000 died from 1989-2008 in the Kashmir insurgency alone.

What should be our terror policy? Are encounter killings necessary evils? If they are totally done away with, what can they be replaced with? Are we a soft state? How can we make it hard? All these issues will never be discussed and have got lost in the massive nationwide Modi witch-hunt.

are you a muslim?if not then you are certainly a congress man working to defame modi on cyber space.

no real indian patriot can question what modi did.only muslims and pseudo seculars (who are both desha drohis) do that.

We can understand you Modies always speak like that.

@Guynextdoor

So Indian Police had killed own Hindu spy in bid to call her a terrorist and alas also called this Hindu police informer alias Javed Shaikh a terrorist.

Ishrat’s friend Javed Shaikh was police informer, his father says

AHMEDABAD: Javed Shaikh alias Pranesh Pillai, who was killed along with Ishrat Jahan and two others in a fake encounter in 2004, was a Gujarat police informer working for a "desh bhakt" (patriot) officer, claims his father Gopinath Pillai. Pillai looks after rubber farms at Noornad in Kerala. He said his son had told him over telephone that he had come to Gujarat on what was to be his last visit on being summoned by the same senior officer for whom he used to work.

On what business Shaikh may have with Gujarat police, Pillai said, "He was running a business of perfume and clothes. During such visits, he may have come in contact with the police officer. He told me he helped police, and in return, police helped him. I did not know who that senior cop was. But my son said he had very good relations with that officer. He said the officer was a desh bhakt."

Pillai has come to Ahmedabad on hearing about the chargesheet filed by the CBI

Shaikh talked about his connection with Gujarat police when he visited his father in Kerala towards the end of May 2004, just a few days before his last Ahmedabad trip. "He had told me this senior officer would be of great help in future in setting up a travel agency," Pillai said about his son's motive behind working for cops.

When Shaikh left Kerala, he stopped calling his father a couple of days later. Hence, Pillai called him. Shaikh was in Ahmednagar then, where he was planning to relocate. "I got the feeling that he was scared. I asked him what was wrong because his voice was trembling — almost as if someone had put a vibrator in his mouth. He told me a senior cop from Ahmedabad had summoned him."

Pillai is unable to digest the terrorist tag cops have given his son, "How can he be a terrorist? He became a Muslim to marry a Muslim girl. There was nothing more than this."

Javed met Ishrat in Mumbra

Javed came in touch with Ishrat during his stint as an electrical sub-contractor in Mumbra. Javed first came in touch with Ishrat's father, said Gopinath Pillai. "On his deathbed, Ishrat's father requested Pranesh (alias Javed) to help his daughter in her studies as she was a very bright girl. He wanted to see her become a doctor. Pranesh accepted the responsibility and paid her fees for Khalsa college," Pillai said. He added the girl was just an eight-year-old then. He also said his son was keen on securing a job for Ishrat.

Ishrat’s friend Javed Shaikh was police informer, his father says - The Times of India

Last edited by a moderator:
@Guynextdoor

So Indian Police had killed own Hindu spy in bid to call her a terrorist and alas also called this Hindu police informer alias Javed Shaikh a terrorist.

AHMEDABAD: Javed Shaikh alias Pranesh Pillai, who was killed along with Ishrat Jahan and two others in a fake encounter in 2004, was a Gujarat police informer working for a "desh bhakt" (patriot) officer, claims his father Gopinath Pillai. Pillai looks after rubber farms at Noornad in Kerala. He said his son had told him over telephone that he had come to Gujarat on what was to be his last visit on being summoned by the same senior officer for whom he used to work.

On what business Shaikh may have with Gujarat police, Pillai said, "He was running a business of perfume and clothes. During such visits, he may have come in contact with the police officer. He told me he helped police, and in return, police helped him. I did not know who that senior cop was. But my son said he had very good relations with that officer. He said the officer was a desh bhakt."

Shaikh talked about his connection with Gujarat police when he visited his father in Kerala towards the end of May 2004, just a few days before his last Ahmedabad trip. "He had told me this senior officer would be of great help in future in setting up a travel agency," Pillai said about his son's motive behind working for cops.

When Shaikh left Kerala, he stopped calling his father a couple of days later. Hence, Pillai called him. Shaikh was in Ahmednagar then, where he was planning to relocate. "I got the feeling that he was scared. I asked him what was wrong because his voice was trembling — almost as if someone had put a vibrator in his mouth. He told me a senior cop from Ahmedabad had summoned him."

Pillai is unable to digest the terrorist tag cops have given his son, "How can he be a terrorist? He became a Muslim to marry a Muslim girl. There was nothing more than this."

Javed came in touch with Ishrat during his stint as an electrical sub-contractor in Mumbra. Javed first came in touch with Ishrat's father, said Gopinath Pillai. "On his deathbed, Ishrat's father requested Pranesh (alias Javed) to help his daughter in her studies as she was a very bright girl. He wanted to see her become a doctor. Pranesh accepted the responsibility and paid her fees for Khalsa college," Pillai said. He added the girl was just an eight-year-old then. He also said his son was keen on securing a job for Ishrat.

The murky world of intelligence and counter intelligence is like that. All details will never be known, and there is no point in trying to know them. It may be that Pillai was a double agent.

Only fact we know now is that 3 out of 4 were certainly mixed up with terrorists and got their just dues. Ishrat - also appears to be terrorist too judging by NIA and FBI transcripts.

@Guynextdoor

Ishrat’s friend Javed Shaikh was police informer, his father says - The Times of India

Now we have to believe character certificates given by parents.

Former IB chief A.K. Doval says centre pressurised SIT officers to influence probe into Ishrat Jahan case

Former Intelligence Bureau (IB) director A.K. Doval on Thursday attacked the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), saying the agency exceeded its limit in Ishrat Jahan encounter case.

Talking to Headlines Today, Doval said, "CBI has exceeded its limit in the case and has outsourced the investigation of the case."

Levelling serious allegations against the Congress-led UPA government, Doval said, "Centre had put pressure on SIT officers, like Karnal Singh and Jaivir Ramdu, to influence the probe into Ishrat Jahan case."

The former IB chief also raised questions on the integrity of Bihar cadre IPS officer Rajiv Ranjan Verma, who was appointed as the Special Investigation Team (SIT) chief by the Gujarat High Court on July 19, 2011.

"Investigations have been politicised, it appears whole exercise was aimed at arriving at certain conclusion," Doval said.

Defending IB special director Rajendra Kumar, who is all set to be named as an accused in the case in the CBI's supplementary chargesheet, Doval said he "is an officer of impeccable integrity and will eventually come clean".

The CBI had filed its first chargesheet in the case on Wednesday in which some senior top police officials of Gujarat have been named as accused. It said in the chargesheet that the 19-year-old Ishrat was killed in a "fake" encounter in 2004 in a joint operation between Gujarat Police and the state IB office.

Former IB chief A.K. Doval says centre pressurised SIT officers to influence probe into Ishrat Jahan case : North, News - India Today

Former IB chief A.K. Doval says centre pressurised SIT officers to influence probe into Ishrat Jahan case

Former Intelligence Bureau (IB) director A.K. Doval on Thursday attacked the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), saying the agency exceeded its limit in Ishrat Jahan encounter case.

Talking to Headlines Today, Doval said, "CBI has exceeded its limit in the case and has outsourced the investigation of the case."

Levelling serious allegations against the Congress-led UPA government, Doval said, "Centre had put pressure on SIT officers, like Karnal Singh and Jaivir Ramdu, to influence the probe into Ishrat Jahan case."

The former IB chief also raised questions on the integrity of Bihar cadre IPS officer Rajiv Ranjan Verma, who was appointed as the Special Investigation Team (SIT) chief by the Gujarat High Court on July 19, 2011.

"Investigations have been politicised, it appears whole exercise was aimed at arriving at certain conclusion," Doval said.

Defending IB special director Rajendra Kumar, who is all set to be named as an accused in the case in the CBI's supplementary chargesheet, Doval said he "is an officer of impeccable integrity and will eventually come clean".

The CBI had filed its first chargesheet in the case on Wednesday in which some senior top police officials of Gujarat have been named as accused. It said in the chargesheet that the 19-year-old Ishrat was killed in a "fake" encounter in 2004 in a joint operation between Gujarat Police and the state IB office.

Former IB chief A.K. Doval says centre pressurised SIT officers to influence probe into Ishrat Jahan case : North, News - India Today

Back
Top Bottom