What's new

MoD backs indigenous HAL trainer, air force to visit HAL for discussions

sure HAL made that................see for urself

HJT-36+IJT+scale-model+at+HAL%27s+Booth-1.jpg

HJT-36+IJT+scale-model+at+HAL%27s+Booth-2.jpg

:taz::omghaha:

I appreciate your Humor, but if at the wrong time, would make you funny. That was a Scale model of IJT Sitara and I am not talking about that machine here. If you know the answer, do comment, if not, please let the seniors do their job.

I appreciate your Humor, but if at the wrong time, would make you funny. That was a Scale model of IJT Sitara and I am not talking about that machine here. If you know the answer, do comment, if not, please let the seniors do their job.

The point remains same............no one knows

Just in Case dude!!! Nothing wrong in opening up.

Just a small thing

If they can't even deliver a basic htt-40 how are they supposed to develop an ijt and ajt??

Just a small thing

If they can't even deliver a basic htt-40 how are they supposed to develop an ijt and ajt??

The answer is in your question. "Deliver" , You need buyers to get funds from the government. HTT-40, CAT and IJT are HAL concepts. You have takers, they make it. The way the Indian Economy is going, import is not a viable solution to the growing economical imbalance.

The govt did not help HAL and IAF grow together. I woud'nt blame the govt though, necessity made our defence forces stronger than our indigenous capability.

HAL can certainly make it, but it does not have the production lines to deliver it, neither do our forces have time to wait that long. The best option for the HAL would have been to get equipped for the future needs of IAF, rather than snatching a share of some one else's pie.

The answer is in your question. "Deliver" , You need buyers to get funds from the government. HTT-40, CAT and IJT are HAL concepts. You have takers, they make it. The way the Indian Economy is going, import is not a viable solution to the growing economical imbalance.

The govt did not help HAL and IAF grow together. I woud'nt blame the govt though, necessity made our defence forces stronger than our indigenous capability.

HAL can certainly make it, but it does not have the production lines to deliver it, neither do our forces have time to wait that long. The best option for the HAL would have been to get equipped for the future needs of IAF, rather than snatching a share of some one else's pie.

Your points are solid but still they will import 80-90% stuff from outside only so imports can only be stopped with a robust private industry with some govt encouragement.Without it we will keep on suffering for decades

Your points are solid but still they will import 80-90% stuff from outside only so imports can only be stopped with a robust private industry with some govt encouragement.Without it we will keep on suffering for decades

Well you are right. We need a robust private industry to support our growing military needs, but not to forget, it should only be a tool to revive the survival instincts among govt undertakings and not to close them down as I believe the experience gained by these companies are priceless and would yield greater results if put to correct use.

Well you are right. We need a robust private industry to support our growing military needs, but not to forget, it should only be a tool to revive the survival instincts among govt undertakings and not to close them down as I believe the experience gained by these companies are priceless and would yield greater results if put to correct use.

They should be divided into diff divisions and privatized,,,,not completely but lets say 30-40% stake be sold to private players.It will generate cash for r and d and also private players will tighten their noose around the lazy employees

They should be divided into diff divisions and privatized,,,,not completely but lets say 30-40% stake be sold to private players.It will generate cash for r and d and also private players will tighten their noose around the lazy employees

30-40% stake in the hands of pvt parities would not be a bad idea though, but as long as the public money is circulating in the business, it would not yield results, because he is not forced or pushed to make profit, we are still giving him the cushioning, which might not work unless those private parities are hardcore patriots like the TATA and Sons.

sure HAL made that................see for urself

HJT-36+IJT+scale-model+at+HAL%27s+Booth-1.jpg

HJT-36+IJT+scale-model+at+HAL%27s+Booth-2.jpg

nope..thats Sitara..

300px-Hindustan_HJT-36_Sitara_Krivchikov_2007.jpg

I think we should give HAL a chance..if we don't take risk and always go for import,how come ever we'll produce indigenous equipment??as @anant_s said that we've huge requirement of trainer aircrafts,we should go for it..the last batch of trainer aircrafts can be divided into two batches or something like this arrangement..

as for Sitara,I really liked that aircraft,but engine problems and aircraft’s weight, stall and spin characteristics is remained some problem..now,hope HAL can get the project into right track as there is huge impending IAF's and IN's order(around 225) which will depend on the success of this project..

Last edited by a moderator:
nope..thats Sitara..

300px-Hindustan_HJT-36_Sitara_Krivchikov_2007.jpg

I think we should give HAL a chance..if we don't take risk and always go for import,how come ever we'll produce indigenous equipment??as @anant_s said that we've huge requirement of trainer aircrafts,we should go for it..the last batch of trainer aircrafts can be divided into two batches or something like this arrangement..

as for Sitara,I really liked that aircraft,but engine problems and aircraft’s weight, stall and spin characteristics is remained some problem..now,hope HAL can get the project into right track as there is huge impending IAF's and IN's order(around 225) which will depend on the success of this project..

Man everyone share the same concern but without privatization there is no hope.........by the time they come up with something,it would already be obsolete......and i am not even betting that they will actually deliver something

By the way any news on tejas ioc-2??

30-40% stake in the hands of pvt parities would not be a bad idea though, but as long as the public money is circulating in the business, it would not yield results, because he is not forced or pushed to make profit, we are still giving him the cushioning, which might not work unless those private parities are hardcore patriots like the TATA and Sons.

Bang on target but my suggested route is the first step towards privatization as 100% disinvestment in one step is impossible here.........trade unions and all will create problems

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody have , any update on (HAL CAT) or Hindustan jet Trainer – 39 (HAL HJT-39)?

ai05catinfo1.jpg

HAL HJT-39 is supposed to be based on LCA Trainer, with a fair degree of commonality,though HJT-39 is thought to be a twin engined one. May be we will see further work on it once the LCA hits production line.

@Tsherring22
The first step for Tejas should have been HF-73, we all know what happened to it.
A basic trainer?seriously?Dont these guys have anything worthwhile (like tejas mk2) to work on?

@Tsherring22
The first step for Tejas should have been HF-73, we all know what happened to it.
A basic trainer?seriously?Dont these guys have anything worthwhile (like tejas mk2) to work on?

The fundamental flaw is not in making of any jet but in the way PSUs function.

All this can change if the GOI removes the 'job gaarentee' clause and associates it with performance and productivity. Simple.

Those who protest, fire them.

It is heartless decision, but if we have to become a world power, some steps have to be taken like that.

The fundamental flaw is not in making of any jet but in the way PSUs function.

All this can change if the GOI removes the 'job gaarentee' clause and associates it with performance and productivity. Simple.

Those who protest, fire them.

It is heartless decision, but if we have to become a world power, some steps have to be taken like that.

u can't really fire a govt employee.......u just can't!!

Back
Top Bottom