What's new

MOD and IAF Talk and Might say Yes to 40 more Sukhoi Su 30-MKI fighters

FCUK!! you have even better resources than 2 paise Delhi based journalists.. They plant bullshit based on hearsay.

Not resources... just one schoolmate... might work at a tea stall or gutka shop ;)

Rarely meet... but knows my interest in defense... don't tell anything till party starts ;)

My posts on induction of Tejas and Arjun does prove something...

After the offsets and industrial capabilities built at DRAL even for the initial 36 ..

It is really is a French tender for 110.
Unless France wants to intentionally lose it.

As far as I am concerned it Rafale until it's proven otherwise

Price... the final factor... they won't sign a deal nor much progress (max to max evaluation of jets) in procurement process because it may give "ustra to a monkey" to use in 2019 elections...
Actually French were not ready to decrease the prices much... while EF was ready to do that and decrease was worthy to have second thought...

DRAL will build a maintenance facility and some components only... Modi G is a "pakka Gujarati"...

Good decision... No need to stop production until Tejas production matures....
But I think this order was pre-planned...
There was a deal for 40 su 30 capable of carrying bhramos...

No final decision was taken till now... they were also looking at the option to modify existing ones...

After the offsets and industrial capabilities built at DRAL even for the initial 36 ..

It is really is a French tender for 110.
Unless France wants to intentionally lose it.

As far as I am concerned it Rafale until it's proven otherwise

IAF has been told by the government that while the Rafale is nice,
India cannot afford it in volume.
If India wanted 100+ Rafale it could just restart the negotiations with France.
I doubt that France has any plans to reduce thecost for a new tender,
and I doubt that France are now prepared to provide guarantee on HAL assembled aircrafts.

What has changed from MMRCA?

What has changed from MMRCA?

HAL is out and DRAL is in. Dassault is setting up a Falcon production line through DRAL. And they will set up a Rafale line if more orders come, even just 36 more.

The issue with the Su-30MKI appears not to be the cost of purchase, but the cost of operating them. IAF claimed operating costs are 3x that of Western fighters.

Against the M-2000. CPFH of M-2000 for spares and maintenance in India is $4000.

If the CPFH for Rafale is $10k (probably more), that means the Su-30MKI CPFH = $30k.

CPFH for spares is $12000. Officially released by HAL.

The issue with the Su-30MKI appears not to be the cost of purchase, but the cost of operating them. IAF claimed operating costs are 3x that of Western fighters.
If the CPFH for Rafale is $10k (probably more), that means the Su-30MKI CPFH = $30k.
8,000 hours x $30k = $240M for a total cost of $300M per aircraft.
Are there official figures of the Su-30MKI CPFH?

As long as a large component of the operating cost is related to spares and labour (made in India), it is a good short to medium term investment in building service capacity and providing HAL something to do. HAL is yet to come up with solutions to such problems but seem to go by Russian instruction instead of innovation.

Without a doubt Su-30 MKI will soon be the most numerous type in IAF service, followed by MiG-29, then Mirage 2000. Personally I think they should make it 300. You know. Like the movie 300.

8,000 hours x $30k = $240M for a total cost of $300M per aircraft.
Are there official figures of the Su-30MKI CPFH?

Makes sense. Rafale is medium size plane. Su-30 MKI is large size plane. However, I think not 3 times. Maybe 2 times.

Back
Top Bottom