What's new

MOAB on a missile

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Would putting a MOAB sized non nuclear war head on a short to medium range missile create an effective weapon? What would be its strategic value - if such a task was possible?

Would putting a MOAB sized non nuclear war head on a short to medium range missile create an effective weapon? What would be its strategic value - if such a task was possible?
I dont know of any fighter jets or bombers that can carry MOAB. Only known planes that can deliver MOAB to a target are Cargo Planes. In theory what you are saying is possible but it will require a heavy lift space rocket not conventional missiles.

i think only russian satan icbms can carry such high weight warheads,bombers like u.s b2 stealth bombers can carry 20 ton payload weapon

No as the whole point is to wipe out multiple targets. Would non nuclear warhead have that effect?

do u even know how much moab weights? its too heavy.

I dont know of any fighter jets or bombers that can carry MOAB. Only known planes that can deliver MOAB to a target are Cargo Planes. In theory what you are saying is possible but it will require a heavy lift space rocket not conventional missiles.

You would need a saturn 2 rocket to launch it and it would easily be shot down like an elephant on the dirt track.

I did have a google about how much it weighs and what the payload of missiles is. You'd need something the size of an icbm to launch it.

I also did wonder what that would them look like, whether it would be slow, cost effective and ultimately of any value? Wasn't sure so i thought it'd ask you lot. :)

No as the whole point is to wipe out multiple targets. Would non nuclear warhead have that effect?

I don't know. Would it do that? What impact would it have on airbase for example? I'm getting the feeling it was a dud idea...

Done already....

I did have a google about how much it weighs and what the payload of missiles is. You'd need something the size of an icbm to launch it.

I also did wonder what that would them look like, whether it would be slow, cost effective and ultimately of any value? Wasn't sure so i thought it'd ask you lot. :)

I don't know. Would it do that? What impact would it have on airbase for example? I'm getting the feeling it was a dud idea...
Again yo takeout a whole airbase you will need a nuke

An easier and cheaper way would be to fly a Moab size thermobaric device like a terrain hugging cruise missile. As far as our thermobaric warheads are concerned they are far far smaller in size and strength than Moab so

What Pakistan should do is and I have suggested in for some time now is that put our scientist on work ask them to develop a conventional war head whose destructive power is 20 to 30 times more than any current warheads which we use in our Cruise Missiles. For imagine what we use these days if its 400 KG causes a massive destruction the new warhead should be able to do that with 50 KG.

What Pakistan should do is and I have suggested in for some time now is that put our scientist on work ask them to develop a conventional war head whose destructive power is 20 to 30 times more than any current warheads which we use in our Cruise Missiles. For imagine what we use these days if its 400 KG causes a massive destruction the new warhead should be able to do that with 50 KG.
Zarvan bro everyone is trying to achieve what you are contemplating but there are some physical/chemical limits on it in the current state of science and technology

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom