MMRCA Negotiations Stalled Over Dassault-HAL Tussle: Report

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
mmrca.jpg

Livefist: MMRCA Negotiations Stalled Over Dassault-HAL Tussle: Report

Hal should be confident enough to build the plane as like Dassault. As long as it get the proper parts and training from Dassault. Once that is done, HAL should be completely responsible for assembly. If Dassault provides all the parts and training to HAL's satisfaction, than they shouldn't be contractly responsible as they do all they can under India's requirements.

Does not surprise me since we are talking about 20 billion USD and full ToT and 50% offset. No side wants to lose profit and gains.
And once the contract is signed you cannot change much anymore, thats why they rather go over every point twice rather than signing the deal fast.

Government's $15 billion deal to buy Rafale jets may be delayed: Source - The Economic Times

rafale.jpg

NEW DELHI: Government's planned deal to buy 126 fighter-jets from Dassault Aviation could be delayed as the two sides struggle to reach an agreement over the role of state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), a defence ministry source said.

Government picked the Dassault-made Rafale jet for exclusive negotiations in January 2012 after a hotly contested bidding war with rival manufacturers, but it is still to finalise the $15 billion deal, one of the world's largest defence import orders.

Under the initial terms of the proposed deal, Dassault was expected to provide 18 fighters in "fly-away" condition, and then let HAL manufacture the rest in India.

However, Dassault now wants two separate contracts to be signed -- one for the ready-made ones, and another for the rest to be built by HAL, but government opposes that proposal, the defence ministry source, who is familiar with the developments, told Reuters.

"Dassault says HAL does not have the capacity and capability to assemble the aircraft," said the source, who declined to be identified because he is not authorised to speak to the media.

"HAL is our main public sector partner. And if needed, capacity and capabilities can be improved. But the proposal for two contracts is not agreeable to the government of India," he said.

The source said the dispute would likely delay finalising the deal but not derail it. The defence ministry officials had earlier expressed the hope that the deal could be finalised by July.

An India-based spokeswoman for Dassault did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment.

Dassault has agreed to supply manufacturing kits and equipment to HAL on time, but will not play a further role in manufacturing after that, a newspaper reported.

Negotiations between the company and the government have completely stopped over the disagreement, the paper reported, without identifying its sources.

A Defence Ministry spokesman did not have any immediate comment.

Dassault has previously expressed doubts about the technological capability of HAL to manufacture such a sophisticated fighter jet. A HAL programme to manufacture advanced jet trainers is running years behind schedule.

Rafale defeated the Eurofighter Typhoon to win the Indian government deal. The Typhoon is developed by a consortium of BAE Systems, Finmeccanica and EADS.

Is this another of saying that we want to cancel this deal or is it another way of reducing the procurment cost Rafale because no company in this world will agree to these Terms & Condition

Btw It looks MoD want to have the cake and Eat it too....To be frank here i support Dassault stance i mean they can't be held responsible for something which is not in their hands...

hahahhahaha The great Indian Congress :D :D

The level of stupidity and insanity in the above post is truly awesome and beyond any limits!
Keep it up and make as all proud ! :tup:

Maybe the French would have gifted us all their fighters if Magic Modi had been in power .... :hitwall:

OT: Does not surprise me since we are talking about 20 billion USD and full ToT and 50% offset. No side wants to lose profit and gains.
And once the contract is signed you cannot change much anymore, thats why they rather go over every point twice rather than signing the deal fas

The level of stupidity and insanity in the above post is truly awesome and beyond any limits!

Maybe the French would have gifted us all their fighters if Magic Modi had been in power .... :hitwall:

OT: Does not surprise me since we are talking about 20 billion USD and full ToT and 50% offset. No side wants to lose profit and gains.
And once the contract is signed you cannot change much anymore, thats why they rather go over every point twice rather than signing the deal fas

Again the level of incomprehension is boundless in your post. I never mentioned Magic Modi.You are projecting.

And yup congress IS to blame no amount of 'bahanas' will help the apologists . When neighbors are increasing their military ante and developing their own industry here we are still stuck in the prelimiary negotiation process. God knows how many years it will actually take to get the first delivery.
Congress is responsible for 80% of the problems with India because this party has ruled India 60 of the 66 years since independence.
The only bigger evil then the congress is the Indian voter which has brought this heinous dynasty to power again and again .

India-France giant fighter jet deal stalled
By AFP
April 05, 2013
NEW DELHI: India's negotiations with France's Dassault Aviation on a $12-billion deal for Rafale fighter jets have stalled due to disagreements over the production of the planes in India, a report said Friday.

The defence deal, one of the biggest ever, was to see the manufacture of the first 18 of the jets in France with the remainder to be produced under licence by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), a state-run Indian aerospace behemoth.

The Indian Express newspaper, citing anonymous sources in its report, said that Dassault had refused to take responsibility for the 108 jets to be manufactured by HAL, sparking a row with New Delhi.

The French firm reportedly told Indian officials that New Delhi would have to negotiate two contracts, one with Dassault for 18 fighters and the other with HAL for the remaining 108 aircraft.

The defence ministry "completely rejected this suggestion and made it clear to Dassault that it (the French company) will be solely responsible for the sale and delivery of all 126 aircraft," the newspaper reported, citing sources.

Dassault is thought to have reservations about the ability of HAL, a firm renowned for its inefficiencies, to handle the complex manufacturing and technology transfers which are a crucial part of the deal.

The Rafale beat off stiff competition from six rivals from Russia, the US and Europe last year when India selected the French fighter to replace its ageing fleet.

Its main rival, the Eurofighter made by European group EADS, has remained in India and is still hoping to bag the deal in case Dassault is unable to conclude the negotiations successfully.

A Dassault spokeswoman said she was unable to comment immediately on the report.

The Rafale has carried out bombing missions in Afghanistan, Libya and most recently in Mali, where it is currently flying sorties targeting Islamist militants.

India's air force chief said in February that the country hopes to sign the deal with Dassault Aviation by the middle of the year.

First of all somebody pls tell me that wether this is a 15 Billion Dollar Deal or 20 Billion Dollar Deal
...Sawal 27,444 Crore INR ka ...

First of all somebody pls tell me that wether this is a 15 Billion Dollar Deal or 20 Billion Dollar Deal
...Sawal 27,444 Crore INR ka ...

Cannot tell the exact figure but it will stretch from 15-20 billion USD

Again the level of incomprehension is boundless in your post. I never mentioned Magic Modi.You are projecting.

And yup congress IS to blame no amount of 'bahanas' will help the apologists . When neighbors are increasing their military ante and developing their own industry here we are still stuck in the prelimiary negotiation process. God knows how many years it will actually take to get the first delivery.
Congress is responsible for 80% of the problems with India because this party has ruled India 60 of the 66 years since independence.
The only bigger evil then the congress is the Indian voter which has brought this heinous dynasty to power again and again .

This deal is about +15 billion USD, full TOT and 50 % offset. It will be one of pour main pillars of the IAF, it is the largest export chance for Dassault, do you think that someone will just sign this deal in a few weeks?!

This deal is negotiated between MoD and Dassault officials and not the Gandhi family for Gods sake!

And the current problem is that Dassault does not like the role of HAL in the deal and has nothing to do with your absolutely ridiculous conspiracy theories.

^^that's right

There is news that France doesn't agree with a condition wrt to ToT and wants Reliance Aerospace Ltd instead of HAL to build/assemble the jets in India
@sancho @Capt.Popeye> please tell me whether I am right or not

Last edited by a moderator:
Reliance Aerospace Ltd ?

Have those guys ever produced jets before?

I mean HAL is producing Sukhois and other jets, why Reliance Aerospace Ltd ?

Back
Top Bottom