What's new

MMRCA Negotiations Stalled Over Dassault-HAL Tussle: Report

The agency concerned here is responsible for running production lines for SU30MKI, AJT, ALH Dhruv, and overhauling Mig 27M, Jaguar, up-gradation of Mig 27M to DareIII and Jags to DARIN II in addition to development of IJT, LCH, LCA and LCA mk2.

Where most of the aviation companies around the world work with not more than two or three products!

thats what i said

I think this no a dassault issue but an ambani issue. Dassault system has partenered with reliance and the ambanis see the rafale line to establish itself as a big player in the sector and it is trying it's level best to get a lions share of subsystems share in the deal.

In that case, HAL's production capacity should be increased with setting up new plants and recruiting more workforce

MOD should have set up extra facilities 2-3 years ago, couldn't they foresee it?

To be fair to HAL they have done/are doing all of the abovel

It would have been much easier for india and HAL both, if they would have simply planned for SU35 and later modify it the way they did it with SU30 to SUMKI

Sorry, but you clearly didn't get the point of MMRCA, which is:

1) to get a medium class fighter
2) to get alternative weapons and capabilities to the Russians we already have
3) to get techs and offsets that boost Indian aero industry, besides what we get from Russia

Moreover you missed the fact that there is not much that the Su 35BM offers over the MKI, or even the Super 30, to provide IAF with an operational advantage.

Pack it up guys. Fantasy is over. Back to LCA! :lol:

Too much production lines for HAL to run, let the Dassault to guarantee the delivery deadline is mission impossible. India government should consider the private players in the game.

Too much production lines for HAL to run, let the Dassault to guarantee the delivery deadline is mission impossible. India government should consider the private players in the game.

Private players r already involved in MMRCA but the major chunk would go to HAL as its the only company with considerable know-how n experience in aerospace engineering n aircraft production in India..:)

More than the delivery of the planes right now its the TOT what is most important in this deal. Last I heard your President was talking about Peace with India and not war. And except HAL no other Indian company (public or private) can absorb the TOT (atleast the bulk of them).

OT i feel this is a concentrated effort to Malign HAL. I am suddenly seeing a huge number of such articles in the last one quarter critisizing HAL. This also coincides with the negotiations on HALs role. HAL has been in business for over 30 years why didn't anyone talk about it before.

This seems like a malicious campaign launched in the media by Reliance and Dassault against HAL.

"It is learnt that Dassault has been at it for a while, but time is beginning to run out with sources indicating that MoD does not want this to linger beyond this month."

Don't worry it will "go through". Anyday it's better than the j20 having no aesa literally no stealth and 5th gen avionics (Rafale has SPECTRA).

Pack it up guys. Fantasy is over. Back to LCA! :lol:

733f3a3e4a4d3dd2a04eeeff1b458dcb.gif

India needs tech. not fighters so the deal has to be given when tech. transfer is done :cheers:

India needs tech. not fighters so the deal has to be given when tech. transfer is done :cheers:

20bn $ in this economy can solve dassault's health for next 6 yrs. They will BEND forward. We need to loosen our belt! :azn:

J-20 will enter service next year. As I predicted, MMRCA is all talk.

does not matter. J-20 is still a very new and will take at least 2-3 years more to be a proven technology for a war. Where as Rafale already has gone through that.

Back
Top Bottom