What's new

MMRCA aircrafts to be deployed to face chinese threat in North East !!

No one wants war between India and China, we have a booming economy , billions of dollars of trade and and we are developing country.
we need better understanding and better co operation. We should together rather plan to extend our business over seas.

Question:

require to carry lot of internal fuel
heavy air to air weapons combo
twin engine aircraft

Now answer which one fits the description most.?

I guess you meant heavy air to ground weapons combo, because A2A weapons are not light, or heavy.

IDRW is reporting exactly what i always said, the aim of MMRCA is mainly long range strike capability against targets in China and secondary A2A capabilities only. In A2A MKI and later Pak Fa/FGFA will be IAFs main fighter, MMRCA instead is aimed to be the secondary frontline fighter to suit them!
The fighters that offers the best deep penetration strike capabilities in MMRCA are, Rafale and F18SH!

Good. The more aircraft India put in eastern front the more defence aid coming toward PK and BD from China.. Good for the whole sub continent...

Actually it is the other way around! The more troops and missiles China places alongside the borders, the more they modernise the infrastructure in that region, the higher the chance of an Chinese attack!
To counter this threat, India reacted also with more troops and new infrastructure in that region, opened new air bases and placed new air defense capabilities. Most new Su 30 MKIs will be placed in north east regions and it is not surprising that MMRCA will do the same.

We don't actually want Anuchal Pradesh, the Chinese leaders are keeping that claim open just as a political bargaining chip.

Look at how well the Indian economy is doing, look at how well the Chinese economy is doing... do you honestly think they want to fight each other now? Why would either country "rock the boat" when both our economies are doing so well?

I don't blame India for being prepared on the NE though, nothing wrong with being prepared.

In a few years India will reach parity with China in Economic/Military strength... and we won't need to worry about war between us after that. There will be peace in Asia.

100% agree... a very concise and apt analysis:tup:

American arent goin to sell them the jets for republic day parade. Especially when in these master peices will also end in Russian hands for some reverse engineering.

We don't actually want Anuchal Pradesh, the Chinese leaders are keeping that claim open just as a political bargaining chip.

Look at how well the Indian economy is doing, look at how well the Chinese economy is doing... do you honestly think they want to fight each other now? Why would either country "rock the boat" when both our economies are doing so well?

I don't blame India for being prepared on the NE though, nothing wrong with being prepared.

In a few years India will reach parity with China in Economic/Military strength... and we won't need to worry about war between us after that. There will be peace in Asia.

Finally a Chinese saying the same thing I was saying for long, if they were really interested in AP they would have not been so quite. Look at Pakistan they mention Kashmir 10 times a day, how many times Chinese do that? China is just making sure someone from India does not think about Tibet that's all.

My thoughts, be friends with China, getting more closer to them will not only have great benefits security wise but also neutralize Pakistan's leverage on them against India, similar to what the Indo US relationship is doing. I think it is possible not to same extent though.

MMRCA deployment will possibly be responded by great numbers of HQ-9 Batteries & J10A/B's alongside the IndoChina Border.

Boeing yesterday revealed a number of surprising development efforts in the strike fighter market, including an external weapons bay for the F/A-18E/F and the existence of an in-production product stamped "proprietary".

The briefing appeared staged to showcase Boeing's long-term commitment in the manned fighter market despite losing the Joint Strike Fighter contract nearly nine years ago to Lockheed Martin.

Boeing now anticipates that production of F-15s and F/A-18E/F will continue through the mid-2020s, although both lines are scheduled for shutdown in 2012 and 2015 in the absence of new orders.

getAsset.aspx

After unveiling a package of radar cross-section improvements for the F-15 last year named Silent Eagle, Boeing displayed a package of new enhancements offered as options on new sales of the Super Hornet.

The most visible change is an externally mounted pod mounted on the Super Hornet's centreline hardpoint. The pod is able to carry either a mix of two Mk82-class bombs and two AIM-120 missiles, or four AIM-120 missiles.

The external pod would help to reduce the Super Hornet's radar cross-section by removing missiles and bombs from external hard points.

Unlike the Silent Eagle, which was focused on reducing the F-15E's radar cross-section and updating the electronic warfare system and avionics, the new Super Hornet features are intended to provide a broader spectrum of improvements, says Shelley Lavender, Boeing vice-president and general manager of global strike systems.

Boeing also plans to offer other upgrades for the Super Hornet, including conformal fuel tanks and an infrared search and tracking system.

Beyond the F-15 and F-18 product lines, Boeing sees a bright future in the strike fighter market. As the supplier for the Lockheed F-22's operational flight programme, Boeing is deeply involved in the US Air Force's upgrades roadmap for that aircraft. Meanwhile, the US Navy is asking contractors to bid for a carrier-based unmanned aircraft system that could be deployed in 2018.

getAsset.aspx

Both the USN and US Air Force are also starting the process of defining their needs for a next generation air dominance fighter that would begin after 2025 to replace the Super Hornet and F-22.

Boeing's Lavender also showed a chart to reporters that included a new product that enters production this year, but was marked only "proprietary". Asked to elaborate and clarify the new product or products, Lavender repeatedly declined.

Thanks bro after seeing fellow men's comments i was afraid another thread was going down the drain. Thanks for the balanced reply and i surely hope for the peace. :smitten:

i seriosly wonder why go for a f18 if we can get suk20mki?? boh have similiare features...

A very balanced post indeed!!:coffee:

We need to realize the implications, apart from the ones for the MRCA selection -

The fact that India has virtually ruled out a full-out conflict with Pakistan in the near future. Also, India believes that a major conflict with China is imminent (within the next decade). India's defense setup is slowly but surely gravitating towards building up anti-China capabilities, and the old obsession with Pakistan is ending. How many IA officers (or for that matter, our own BRFites) have dreamt of the next war being fought to bifurcate Pakistan?

The closeness of Indo-US strategic ties. Are they improving so dramatically and so suddenly because India has credible intelligence of a major Chinese aggression in the near future? The last time India and US were that close was around 1962.

I guess you meant heavy air to ground weapons combo, because A2A weapons are not light, or heavy.

Sancho, I was quoting from the original report which said heavy A2A.

I know not what your motivation at a personal level is. But in affairs of two states these thoughts hold little value. Everyone who has thanked you is a sucker, like Nehru, who fell for Hindi Chini Bhai Bhai hook, line and sinker.

While no one wants to force war, no one wants to invite war by being un-prepared. We need to build the wherewithal to crush the invaders irrespective of whether they come along the Indus or the Brahmputra.

I know not what your motivation at a personal level is. But in affairs of two states these thoughts hold little value. Everyone who has thanked you is a sucker, like Nehru, who fell for Hindi Chini Bhai Bhai hook, line and sinker.

While no one wants to force war, no one wants to invite war by being un-prepared. We need to build the wherewithal to crush the invaders irrespective of whether they come along the Indus or the Brahmputra.

Your first post on this forum and you call 17 people suckers? :what:

I am simply stating reality. China and India are both doing very well in terms of the Economy... why would either side want to start a conflict? There is nothing to gain, and everything to lose.

China already has enough internal problems, with the Xinjiang/Tibet separatist movements, and even worse, the unrest coming from low-income Han Chinese who feel victimised by the Hukou system.

If we "somehow" managed to annex Arunachal Pradesh, we would face hundreds of riots every week from the native population in AP. It would be far worse than the unrest in Kashmir. It would sink our reputation in the eyes of the global community.

Also, the international community would condemn China and sanction us, which would hurt our economy badly. It would also put at at significant risk with regards to an Indian counter-attack.

In short, China has everything to lose, and nothing to gain by attacking Arunachal Pradesh and that is simply a fact. China only cares about what is good for China, and keeping the economy strong is the number one priority. No one wants a destructive war, everyone would lose something from that.

P.S. I think it is GOOD that India is improving its military strength in the NE, since that will provide better infrastructure for the region (roads etc.), create jobs, and increase the flow of money within the military industry and benefit the Indian economy as a whole. Military spending will boost the economy of the whole region and improve the lives of ordinary people, so why would I complain about that?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom