What's new

Mladic — Serb crusader charged with siege and slaughter

No. Serbs got "cleansed" from Croatia at the end of the war in 1995. AFTER srebrenica.

Serbian genocide and ethnic cleansing in bosnia started in 1992.

Also Serbs werent actually cleansed. The Croatians took their legitimate territory in their OWN country back from armed terror groups.

There were a few individual war crimes but the Serb population could have stayed but decided to flee on orders of their own high command.

Anyway Mladic got sentenced for Genocide today and received life imprisonment. I hope he rots in jail and dies in upmost pain and suffering.

At least some justice for the victims of the Bosnian genocide and victims of Mladic in Croatia too

Interesting info. What is your view on the BBC documentary "The Death of Yugoslavia"? I know the Serbs and Russians will deride it as western propaganda but am interested in knowing how Bosnians perceive how it shows the war. It seems to show the Croat acts against Serbs as predating the intensification of the war in Bosnia proper (which is why I had written what I had in the post before).

About the last line cannot agree more. Have grown up with many Bosnians here in Sweden and they have some horrifying tales to tell. I am too young to remember but Izetbegovic came to a mosque in our city and everyone started donating clothes as per my father. Izetbegovic's response to this was something alone the lines of "no we need money, clothes we have but the serbs get weapons from serbia, croats from croatia, we need money so we can buy arms and defend ourselves".

Serbs did dot have full supprot. In that days Russia was desintegrating itself and could not fight with its own separatists. So, Serbs were alone agains West, who supported Croats (as far as I know every Croatian war criminals were justified in Hague) and Islamic terrorists groups.

WRONG yet again, the Serbs had the Yugoslav National Army (JNA) behind them, which was the 4th largest army in Europe, furthermore, many Russians, Greeks, Ukrainians came to the aid of the serbs... despite all of this the Bosnian government forces stood their ground with limited weaponry and prevented the serbs to take key cities in Bosnia, and create their so called " greater serbia"

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/art...honour-russian-military-volunteers-04-04-2017

I have Vostok on Ignore since Years due to his continuous desinformation.
Suggest You guys do the same.

A well deserved sentence for Mladik,
and a comfort to all those that had to suffer the atrocities he ordered.

I hope that druzhe General will live enough to see a new, fair trial on his case and about the whole events in the former Yugoslavia. Without the one-sided accusations of Serbs and definitive justification of Bosnians and Croats.
WRONG yet again, the Serbs had the Yugoslav National Army (JNA) behind them, which was the 4th largest army in Europe, furthermore, many Russians, Greeks, Ukrainians came to the aid of the serbs... despite all of this the Bosnian government forces stood their ground with limited weaponry and prevented the serbs to take key cities in Bosnia, and create their so called " greater serbia"

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/art...honour-russian-military-volunteers-04-04-2017
Volunteers have more moral than military significance. Military significance - supply of weapons, assistance in intelligence and participation of regular allied forces in the battles. If Syria did not have help of the Russian army, only of some volunteers, Damascus would long ago become the capital of the ISIS "Caliphate".

Interesting info. What is your view on the BBC documentary "The Death of Yugoslavia"? I know the Serbs and Russians will deride it as western propaganda but am interested in knowing how Bosnians perceive how it shows the war. It seems to show the Croat acts against Serbs as predating the intensification of the war in Bosnia proper (which is why I had written what I had in the post before).

About the last line cannot agree more. Have grown up with many Bosnians here in Sweden and they have some horrifying tales to tell. I am too young to remember but Izetbegovic came to a mosque in our city and everyone started donating clothes as per my father. Izetbegovic's response to this was something alone the lines of "no we need money, clothes we have but the serbs get weapons from serbia, croats from croatia, we need money so we can buy arms and defend ourselves".

From a Bosnian perspective the war in Bosnia was planned years before it happened. Anyone who declared independence from Yugoslavia was an enemy of the JNA (yugoslav army) and the JNA was predominantly controlled and influenced by the serbs.. this along with serb paramilitaries and political parties attempting to create serb enclaves in Bosnia and Croatia created tension. When the Croatians resisted the 10% serb minority of taking 30% of Croatia and making it a "serb republic" the JNA went in and the war in Croatia started... in Bosnia the same happened, the serbs wanted a para-country and all peaceful means were tried but ultimately war was unavoidable given serb political aspirations in Bosnia which were unrealistic.

Today, serbs managed to create their serb republic which has limited autonomy, but the Bosnian state survived. Additionally, the European commission adopted a resolution that proclaimed Srebrenica a genocide, and Serbia is aspiring to join the EU which means they will defacto recognize that genocide occurred in Bosnia simply by being a member of the EU without much choice.. kind of funny given how theey deny, spin and lie through their propaganda machines
I hope that druzhe General will live enough to see a new, fair trial on his case and about the whole events in the former Yugoslavia. Without the one-sided accusations of Serbs and definitive justification of Bosnians and Croats.

Volunteers have more moral than military significance. Military significance - supply of weapons, assistance in intelligence and participation of regular allied forces in the battles. If Syria did not have help of the Russian army, only of some volunteers, Damascus would long ago become the capital of the ISIS "Caliphate".

JNA provided the VRS with military significance with constant flow of arms, tanks, fuel, officers, intelligence, and provided channels for volunteers to be smuggled in to assist in battles. The odds were totally in favor of the serbs .. I mean the serbs couldn't enter Sarajevo despite having higher ground and heavy weaponry, the Bosnian government forces whopped their asses everything they tried getting in.. for 3.5 years this went on. Additionally the genocide in Srebrenica wa a sign of weakness since they couldn't make their greater serbia they took their frustration out on civilians, typical serb methods since the withdrawal of the ottomans in 19th century.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/22/europe/ratko-mladic-verdict/index.html

@Elvin i wanted to ask you something about the republic of srpska. Since only federal government of Bosnia& Herzegovinia is allowed to have armed forces according to the dayton agreement, how can the republic of srpska do a military parade on national holiday as we have seen in many videos? Do they do it with the serbian battalions of the armed forces of Bosnia and Herzegovina?

@Elvin i wanted to ask you something about the republic of srpska. Since only federal government of Bosnia& Herzegovinia is allowed to have armed forces according to the dayton agreement, how can the republic of srpska do a military parade on national holiday as we have seen in many videos? Do they do it with the serbian battalions of the armed forces of Bosnia and Herzegovina?

Good question, you're right, Republika Srpska does not have an army, fiscal policy, border control, etc. all of this is on the national level of the Bosnian government. The parade which you are alluding to consisted of police units, and some serb units in the Military of Bosnia & Herzegovina. These military unites were not allowed to participate and it was illegal and the national prosecutors office is investigating those members who participated in the parade..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom